Lilly Ledbetter Unloads On Romney

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
r-LILLY-LEDBETTER-huge.jpg

By Laura Bassett

Lilly Ledbetter, the woman who famously sued her employer after discovering she was being paid less than her male colleagues and who inspired the first piece of legislation President Barack Obama signed upon entering office, fired back against likely GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney after he declined to say whether he would have signed the bill into law.

"It took me more than 20 years to get an answer for the injustices that I suffered as an unfairly paid worker, so I know what it's like to wait for justice. I know what it's like to fight for justice. But Mitt Romney told me and millions of other women that he couldn't commit to fighting with us or for us," Ledbetter told reporters Wednesday.​

More: Lilly Ledbetter Slams Mitt Romney, GOP On Fair Pay Issue

The sad truth is that Ledbetter wouldn't have anything to sue about because she wouldn't have a job today under the Obama administration policies.

Hey Lakhota! Get me Lily Ledbetter's email addy will ya?

We have to bring her up to speed. She's chewing out the wrong man.:lol: You get me her email, I'll send this to her. Truly.

" Report: Obama White House Pays Women Less Than Men

Wednesday, 11 Apr 2012 07:52 PM

President Obama has been outspoken in his criticism of “paycheck discrimination” that has women earning less than men for the same jobs, but a new report shows that female employees in the Obama White House make considerably less than their male colleagues.

According to the 2011 annual report on White House staff, female employees earned a median annual salary of $60,000, while the median salary for male employees was $71,000 — about 18 percent more, the Washington Free Beacon reports.

More at link (great quote by Dee Dee Myer's slagging Obama /Clinton's former Press Secretary)

Report: Obama White House Pays Women Less Than Men

Last edited:

We have to bring her up to speed. She's chewing out the wrong man.:lol: You get me her email, I'll send this to her. Truly.

President Obama has been outspoken in his criticism of “paycheck discrimination” that has women earning less than men for the same jobs, but a new report shows that female employees in the Obama White House make considerably less than their male colleagues.

According to the 2011 annual report on White House staff, female employees earned a median annual salary of $60,000, while the median salary for male employees was $71,000 — about 18 percent more, the Washington Free Beacon reports.

More at link (great quote by Dee Dee Myer's slagging Obama /Clinton's former Press Secretary)

Well, you factcheck it first to make sure you're comparing apples to apples, jobs to jobs. Let me know when you're done and I'll try to find her email address for you.

Well, you factcheck it first to make sure you're comparing apples to apples, jobs to jobs. Let me know when you're done and I'll try to find her email address for you.

YOU have YET to establish WHO she is and WHY it matters?

Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wow. Aren't these rw's the same ones who say there is no Repub war on women?

They're lying. Or they're just plain stupid.

Some of them don't even know WHY its important that women get paid the same amount of money for doing the same job. Others still think women should be barefoot, pregnant and chained to the stove. And some even still talk baby talk about their food ("sammiches"?)

These would be the same ones who think children should be left to starve to death along with the elderly. Understandable since none of them have either mothers OR children.

While its true that Mittens is against equal pay for women, as are most pubs and bags, its here to stay.

Get used to it, you ignorant troglodytes.

(Look it up.)

Did she take years off to raise her family?

Did she not do business trips like her men counter-parts?

Women can't take years away from the office for their kids or not travel for the company like men, then whine that they didn't get promoted or paid like the men that put in more hours over the decades.

Forum List

Back