Lila Rose is my kind of woman....

I didn't ask how many of your own you raised. That's irrelevant when we're talking about abortion/adoption, isn't it?

It could be said that "conservative logic" consists of telling other people what to do and how to live while ducking the issue themselves.

You're against abortion and "killing babies" and all, but you haven't adopted any unwanted children.
Couldn't that be considered a double standard?

You're really going there?

sigh....

This won't take long......

Do you support the US Armed Forces?

Yes...and?

Have you ever served?

No.
Is there some point you're slowly laboring toward?

Not any more.

You support our Armed Forces, but you've never served.

Using your logic, that's a double standard.

Seriously? You don't see the logical fallacy in that?

Oh..Ok.I get it now....Try this one, then...

You're against abortion..have you ever had one?

So now you're arguing my point as well?

A pro-life supporter who doesn't adopt a baby is using a double standard, yet an Armed Forces supporter who doesn't serve is not.

Yes, there is a logical fallacy there, and it is glaringly obvious.

Neither scenario is exclusive of the assumption to which we have tied it.

No.
Is there some point you're slowly laboring toward?

Not any more.

Don't need to have one in order to see that it's killing babies.

Never done heroin, yet I know it is no good.

I have never been in prison, but I know it's no place to be. (How is that even possible?)

Not any more.

I have never been in prison, but I know it's no place to be. (How is that even possible?)

I've never been in the service but I support them is the premise we're discussing and mini14 says it's a double standard to be that way.

I replied that he hasn't had an abortion, yet he's against them....by his logic, wouldn't that be a double standard too?

Have you been following the conversation or is this just a drive by?

Not any more.

So now you're arguing my point as well?

A pro-life supporter who doesn't adopt a baby is using a double standard, yet an Armed Forces supporter who doesn't serve is not.

Yes, there is a logical fallacy there, and it is glaringly obvious.

Neither scenario is exclusive of the assumption to which we have tied it.

You're parsing words and being purposely obtuse.

YOU set the parameters by using the armed forces/serving premise. I simply replied in kind.

I've never been in the service but I support them is the premise we're discussing and mini14 says it's a double standard to be that way.

I replied that he hasn't had an abortion, yet he's against them....by his logic, wouldn't that be a double standard too?

We're not going to just keep pulling out different scenarios and assumptions all morning long (at least I'm not).

Your assumption that one who has not adopted children, yet supports the pro-life position is using a double standard is equally as flawed as my counter-proposal that one who hasn't served, yet supports the Armed Services is doing the same. Neither are logical or exclusive of their assumptions.

The point is made, and the buzzer has sounded.

Hot.

Smart.

Strong.

Determined.

Independent.

In your face.

Lila-Rose-300x233.jpg

I've been following her story for almost 2 years.

She rocks.

Heh. I just learned of her story recently. She most certainly 'rocks'! I'm glad she's exposing Planned Parenthood for who they really are. They've been instrumental in building this culture of 'death' in which we live, not to mention their roll in keeping the black population in check. Evil.

We're not going to just keep pulling out different scenarios and assumptions all morning long (at least I'm not).

Your assumption that one who has not adopted children, yet supports the pro-life position is using a double standard is equally as flawed as my counter-proposal that one who hasn't served, yet supports the Armed Services is doing the same. Neither are logical or exclusive of their assumptions.

Well, if we're both wrong, no point was made, but I can agree that both premises have flaws.
Thanks for the conversation.

Well, if we're both wrong, no point was made, but I can agree that both premises have flaws.
Thanks for the conversation.

Actually, neither of us is "wrong."

This is an argument of opinion, and forever will be. You cannot "prove" an opinion, you can only state it, agree with it, or disagree with it.

Your answer to the question "Do you support the Armed Forces?" didn't matter (there was no right or wrong answer). Whatever you said would have lead us here. It is just always the most obvious, fastest way to get the "opinion train" into the station, and blow the application of logic to opinion out of the water.

Wow..Very interesting. It makes sense, too...Unwanted kids with no supervision typically end up being criminals and spend years hurting/killing/raping/robbing innocent people before they're caught and then they go to prison and have to be supported by the taxpayers for life.

Sterilize welfare recipients. No more abortions..no more unwanted kids and no more multi generational welfare. It's a net gain for the country and the safety of the citizens.

New Topics

Forum List

Back