Lil' Debbie and Dorito sales plummet

Call me skeptical of that dollar value.

Someone do the math and figure out what the per-plant yield would have to be to get to $1.2 billion.

I got $3,773 per plant. 1,200,000,000 divided by 318,000.

Sounds about right I guess. Was never a cultivator, just an end user back in my wild teens.

Call me skeptical of that dollar value.

Someone do the math and figure out what the per-plant yield would have to be to get to $1.2 billion.

More than 318,000 marijuana plants were destroyed in the operation,

319,000 plants = $3,773.58 per plant

Must be figuring retail value.

Man, are YOU guys nitpicky.

Just the thread title alone amused the hell out of me. I couldn't care less about the actual story...

Well, do the math as a customer.

Assuming that you might get a pound (probably less) of finished product per plant, nearly $4,000 a pound brick weed would never sell, going at $250/oz. wholesale.

Maybe they're figuring retail? $250 an oz sounds about right, although admittedly it's been about 15 years since I was in the market and I might be adjusting for inflation way too much.

Man, are YOU guys nitpicky.

Just the thread title alone amused the hell out of me. I couldn't care less about the actual story...

Thanks, although I can't take credit for the headline. I stole it from another site.

The annoying part of this story is that the Mexican mob has taken over American nation parks to grow hemp to sell to Americans.

They kidnapt Mexican nations to work as slaves.

While I usually root for the cultivators, in this case I'm rooting for the DEA.

Of course this is just another example of why decriminalizing hemp is the sensible policy that dare not speak its name.

Forum List

Back