Likely Voters: Carter Was a Better President than Obama

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
:lol: Life is good.

According to a Newsweek/Daily Beast poll of likely voters, Barack Obama now rates behind Jimmy Carter in the pantheon of great presidents. The poll asked likely voters to list the two best and the two worst presidents the history of the United States.

Check out the list of the lowest rated. :D I'm sure it's all Bush's fault that even Nixon does better. Oh, I'm dying laughing. :eusa_clap:

33. (tie) Andrew Johnson, -2 points (0 percent place in top-2, 2 percent place in bottom-2)
33. (tie) Warren G. Harding, -2 points (0 percent place in top-2, 2 percent place in bottom-2)
33. (tie) Calvin Coolidge, -2 points (0 percent place in top-2, 2 percent place in bottom-2)
36. (tie) Lyndon B. Johnson, -3 points (1 percent place in top-2, 4 percent place in bottom-2)
36. (tie) Gerald Ford, -3 points (1 percent place in top-2, 4 percent place in bottom-2)
38. Herbert Hoover, -4 points (0 percent place in top-2, 4 percent place in bottom-2)
39. George H.W. Bush, -9 points (4 percent place in top-2, 13 percent place in bottom-2)
40. Jimmy Carter, -20 points (5 percent place in top-2, 25 percent place in bottom-2)
41. Richard Nixon, -24 points (2 percent place in top-2, 26 percent place in bottom-2)
42. Barack Obama, -25 points (11 percent place in top-2, 36 percent place in bottom-2)
43. George W. Bush, -39 points (4 percent place in top-2, 43 percent place in bottom-2)

Likely Voters: Carter Was a Better President than Obama | The Weekly Standard

Carter was a likable character, even if he was overwhelmed by the job. I've often thought his heart is in the right place, even if his head is not. Not really recommendations for the job, though.

Carter is a better post president, i support Habitat for Humanity, but i cant support a lot of programs where people can sit all day and collect.

According to a Newsweek/Daily Beast poll of likely voters, Barack Obama now rates behind Jimmy Carter in the pantheon of great presidents. The poll asked likely voters to list the two best and the two worst presidents the history of the United States.

Check out the list of the lowest rated. :D I'm sure it's all Bush's fault that even Nixon does better. Oh, I'm dying laughing. :eusa_clap:

33. (tie) Andrew Johnson, -2 points (0 percent place in top-2, 2 percent place in bottom-2)
33. (tie) Warren G. Harding, -2 points (0 percent place in top-2, 2 percent place in bottom-2)
33. (tie) Calvin Coolidge, -2 points (0 percent place in top-2, 2 percent place in bottom-2)
36. (tie) Lyndon B. Johnson, -3 points (1 percent place in top-2, 4 percent place in bottom-2)
36. (tie) Gerald Ford, -3 points (1 percent place in top-2, 4 percent place in bottom-2)
38. Herbert Hoover, -4 points (0 percent place in top-2, 4 percent place in bottom-2)
39. George H.W. Bush, -9 points (4 percent place in top-2, 13 percent place in bottom-2)
40. Jimmy Carter, -20 points (5 percent place in top-2, 25 percent place in bottom-2)
41. Richard Nixon, -24 points (2 percent place in top-2, 26 percent place in bottom-2)
42. Barack Obama, -25 points (11 percent place in top-2, 36 percent place in bottom-2)
43. George W. Bush, -39 points (4 percent place in top-2, 43 percent place in bottom-2)

Only demonstrates how little the questioned people know about history. James Buchanan and Franklin Pierce don't even make it into the bottom ten?
And Carter was one of the absolute worst Presidents the US had. It's too early to definitively judge Obama, but so far he certainly isn't as much of a disaster as Carter.

Carter was a likable character, even if he was overwhelmed by the job. I've often thought his heart is in the right place, even if his head is not. Not really recommendations for the job, though.

Carter is a better post president, i support Habitat for Humanity, but i cant support a lot of programs where people can sit all day and collect.

Carter is the worst former President in US History, bar none. No former President has tried so hard to damage the country after his Presidency and none have been so shamelessly attention-seeking.

The poll asked likely voters to list the two best and the two worst presidents the history of the United States.[/B]

And you think the resulting rankings are meaningful?

Can you imagine the Coaches Top 25 Poll for football asking coaches to only list the #1, #2, #24, and #25 teams? That would be fucking stupid and the results would be fucking stupid, too.

bu38. Herbert Hoover, -4 points (0 percent place in top-2, 4 percent place in bottom-2)

Only demonstrates how little the questioned people know about history. James Buchanan and Franklin Pierce don't even make it into the bottom ten?
And Carter was one of the absolute worst Presidents the US had. It's too early to definitively judge Obama, but so far he certainly isn't as much of a disaster as Carter.

I disagree Obama's spending and debt makes him the worst by a mile

Carter is a terrible Post President. Other than his honorable Charity work, his tendency to Run off the Mouth about US Policy, Especially Foreign Policy is Unprecedented among modern Former Presidents. It's Beneath a Former President.

Carter is a terrible Post President. Other than his honorable Charity work, his tendency to Run off the Mouth about US Policy, Especially Foreign Policy is Unprecedented among modern Former Presidents. It's Beneath a Former President.
That's correct. Carter speaks the truth and murka HATES truth.

Wow

The ignorance of American history is astounding. It is like their memory span is about 15 minutes

Forum List

Back