Likely deadlock of the US federal government

Munin

VIP Member
Dec 5, 2008
This is what I predict, it is what you get when you have a party that has since the election of Obama a habit to act as a bad loser and another party that can not win this election decisivly (win also in both the senate & house of r.)

Just think about it: what has changed? We have the republicans in congress who had the only goal to deny a second term to pres Obama, they clearly failed and showed they re not in touch with the people anymore

Congress aproval rating is 15% and I doubt the aproval rating of the house of representatives is so much higher. That is the 2nd weird thing: having low aproval rating, yet no decisive changes

The other thing is that the election system in the US is broken, the Election wasn't about voting in all of the US: it was just about the swing states. And maybe we could be glad of that considering the amount of $ waisted on this election to let everything stay as it is ( 6 billion $ in total ). Maybe we could next time just skip the elections in the rest of the country as it is obvious that the rest of the country doensn't matter anymore

Last edited:
Hopefully, with Obama no longer able to campaign for another term, he becomes interested in becoming president. That means, attempting to bring people together, not just divide on conquer based on race, sex and sexual preference. And hopefully it means that the GOP accepts that their stuck with him and thus are more open to working with him.

I doubt it though. I'm guessing both parties will be more than happy doing nothing so they can play politics around every turn.

Forum List

Back