Like seafood? You might want to read this article.

uscitizen

May 6, 2007
My Shack
From the below linked article:

#2: ATLANTIC SALMON (Both Wild-caught and Farmed)
Why It's Bad: It's actually illegal to capture wild Atlantic salmon because the fish stocks are so low, and they're low, in part, because of farmed salmon. Salmon farming is very polluting: Thousands of fish are crammed into pens, which leads to the growth of diseases and parasites that require antibiotics and pesticides. Often, the fish escape and compete with native fish for food, leading to declines in native populations.

Adding to our salmon woes, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration is moving forward with approving genetically engineered salmon to be sold, unlabeled, to unsuspecting seafood lovers. That salmon would be farmed off the coast of Panama, and it's unclear how it would be labeled. Currently, all fish labeled "Atlantic salmon" come from fish farms. And, as you know if you follow me on Twitter, they're fed pellets that contain pink dye—that's how they get their color. Gross!

Eat This Instead: Opt for Wild Alaskan salmon.

Fish You Shouldn't Eat | Yahoo! Health

We should keep government out of it and let industries do what they need to do. If the people who use a companies products start dying, then people will stop buying the product. Republicans see that as "self regulating".

Republicans say let and informed public decide vs regulations.
But they always are against country of origin and such types of labelling laws that inform the public so they can make an informed decision.

We don't need seafood in our diets.
It's marketing, folks. Pure and simple.

i like seafood

i live next to the ocean

works for me

You do not like seafood.
You do not live next to the ocean.
It does not work for you.

obi.jpg

I do enjoy a fresh open tuna facial melt from time to time.

We don't need seafood in our diets. .

Good luck convincing the billions and billions who rely on it as an essential part of their diet and a source of livelihood (as has been the case for, well, pretty much most of human history.

Republicans say let and informed public decide vs regulations.
But they always are against country of origin and such types of labelling laws that inform the public so they can make an informed decision.
Leave it to habitually uninformed to turn a discussion about fish into an excuse to sling BULL about republicans.

Just to set the record straight...the so called COOL (country of origin labeling) law we have now was not only passed by a REPUBLICAN CONGRESS, but signed into law by a republican president...GEORGE BUSH in 2002!

Grow up please!

By the way, if you get "wild salmon" from Walmart...look at the label. You might be just a touch surprised to find out it comes from China! ;~0

Last edited:
We don't need seafood in our diets. .

Good luck convincing the billions and billions who rely on it as an essential part of their diet and a source of livelihood (as has been the case for, well, pretty much most of human history.

Good point.

For those who do not rely on seafood as mentioned above...

I'm referring to the Red Lobster's and Long John Silver's, etc of the world.

We should keep government out of it and let industries do what they need to do. If the people who use a companies products start dying, then people will stop buying the product. Republicans see that as "self regulating".

shut_the_fuck_up.jpg

Forum List

Back