Lightbulbs - Say It Ain't So!

The US does not produce ANY of the new kind of Light Bulbs, they are obtained from China.

And it is not just fluorescence, it is the new bulbs that use less energy to produce the same brightness and save on electricity. Of course what they fail to mention is they are so toxic you are not supposed to just throw them away.

Or break them!!! Which we did on the first batch we bought....broke 2 by accident, directions say you gotta clean it up real good, put in plastic bag and seal, wash your clothes if they got any of the mercury on them yah dee dah.......

and on top of all of this, i hate the fluorescent lights, they just are too white, icey feeling when using them.

I am buying up 40 watt and 60 watt incandescent ones so we can use those until the new LED lights are out in the market place in mass....

There are different hues of the fluorescent lights, some of which produce a warmer, yellower light rather than the stark white, "look at all your blackheads" light that you'll find in the bathroom.

We have two of the warmer lights in the livingroom.

I personally like 25 watt lights on in the house in the evening as it makes for pleasant lighting.

The problem with the fluorscents is that they are non-dimmable. Plus, what are we going to do at Christmas with all the little Xmas lights on the trees and candles in teh windows?

The US does not produce ANY of the new kind of Light Bulbs, they are obtained from China.

And it is not just fluorescence, it is the new bulbs that use less energy to produce the same brightness and save on electricity. Of course what they fail to mention is they are so toxic you are not supposed to just throw them away.

Or break them!!! Which we did on the first batch we bought....broke 2 by accident, directions say you gotta clean it up real good, put in plastic bag and seal, wash your clothes if they got any of the mercury on them yah dee dah.......

and on top of all of this, i hate the fluorescent lights, they just are too white, icey feeling when using them.

I am buying up 40 watt and 60 watt incandescent ones so we can use those until the new LED lights are out in the market place in mass....

There are different hues of the fluorescent lights, some of which produce a warmer, yellower light rather than the stark white, "look at all your blackheads" light that you'll find in the bathroom.

We have two of the warmer lights in the livingroom.

I personally like 25 watt lights on in the house in the evening as it makes for pleasant lighting.

The problem with the fluorscents is that they are non-dimmable. Plus, what are we going to do at Christmas with all the little Xmas lights on the trees and candles in teh windows?

LED xmas lights are becoming quite popular and use much less energy AND give off basically no heat so dry trees wont flambé.

Hmm ... a post here just reminded me, does anyone realize how toxic florescent light bulbs are? Halogen is still the cleaner and safer one ...

The biggest problem I've had so far is with floodlights. You know...if you've got those floodlights with the motion sensor that come on. We tried buyiing some of the new fluorescent bulb floodlights. They suck. They don't work properly.

Another thing is that sometimes there are aesthetic concerns. For instance: We have ceiling fans in which we use small, completely transparent incandescent bulbs. The filaments in the bulbs are part of the "look."

Seriously, there's no way this should be happening. No way government should be saying that if one person wants to produce incandescent bulbs and another wants to buy them that they can't engage in the arrangement.

The biggest problem I've had so far is with floodlights. You know...if you've got those floodlights with the motion sensor that come on. We tried buyiing some of the new fluorescent bulb floodlights. They suck. They don't work properly.

Another thing is that sometimes there are aesthetic concerns. For instance: We have ceiling fans in which we use small, completely transparent incandescent bulbs. The filaments in the bulbs are part of the "look."

Seriously, there's no way this should be happening. No way government should be saying that if one person wants to produce incandescent bulbs and another wants to buy them that they can't engage in the arrangement.

People who still like to read also have a big problem with the new fluorescent bulbs, they strain the eyes. Mainly because the light isn't steady, and also because it's weaker. Fluorescent bulb "flash", they do so very quickly, it's what allows them to run at a lower temp and using less energy, but they also can be harmful to eyes in some situations (same reason why looking at a computer monitor all day give you migraines). As I said, environuts don't care about human life, they only care about making money on products that would not have survived on the market.

Forum List

Back