Light Bulb Ban?

Another farce associated with the hoak called Global warming!!!! First it was freon now it's light bulbs. light bulbs that if broken requires you to get a has-mat team to aid in the clean up if one of these pollution laced green bulbs break. A hugh thank you to the kool-aid tree hugging A-holes that make everybodies life misserable!!! Ifr you want to use these products gladly use these yourself and leave me alone!!!
This happened during the Bush administration. :lol:

Wingnuts are always claiming that General Electric is in the pocket of Obama (or vice versa), yet GE makes a majority of light bulbs, and is having to abandon their incandescent business.

You wingnuts are dopes!

You can't buy a new one, moron!

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif
Oh, yes I can, imbecile.

Lowest Overall Fuel Economy Models*
2008 Model Year

Rank ;Make/Model City/Highway MPG
1. Lamborghini Murcielago (automatic) 8/13
2. Bugatti Veyron 8/14
3. Lamborghini Murcielago (manual) 9/14
4. Bently Azure/Arnage RL 9/15
5. Ferrari 612 Scaglietti (automatic) 9/16
6. Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder (manual) 10/15
Ferrari Ferrari 612 Scaglietti (manual)
Bentley Arnage (automatic)
7. Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder 10/16
Aston Martin DB9 Coupe
Aston Martin DB9 Volante
Mercedes-Benz Maybach 57
Mercedes-Benz Maybach 57S
Mercedes-Benz Maybach 62
Mercedes-Benz Maybach 62S
8. Lamborghini Gallardo Coupe (manual) 10/17
Bentley Continental GT (automatic)
Bentley Continental GTC (automatic)
Bentley Continental Flying Spur (automatic)
9. Mercedes-Benz G55 AMG 11/13
10. Jeep Grand Cherokee 4WD 11/14
Mercedes-Benz ML63 AMG

Read more: EPAs Top 10 most, least fuel efficient vehicles for 2008 - Motor Trend Blog
No, I said YOU cannot buy one!

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif
I can afford to buy a Suburban all day long.

You lose, numbnutz.

Oh, yes I can, imbecile.

Lowest Overall Fuel Economy Models*
2008 Model Year

Rank ;Make/Model City/Highway MPG
1. Lamborghini Murcielago (automatic) 8/13
2. Bugatti Veyron 8/14
3. Lamborghini Murcielago (manual) 9/14
4. Bently Azure/Arnage RL 9/15
5. Ferrari 612 Scaglietti (automatic) 9/16
6. Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder (manual) 10/15
Ferrari Ferrari 612 Scaglietti (manual)
Bentley Arnage (automatic)
7. Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder 10/16
Aston Martin DB9 Coupe
Aston Martin DB9 Volante
Mercedes-Benz Maybach 57
Mercedes-Benz Maybach 57S
Mercedes-Benz Maybach 62
Mercedes-Benz Maybach 62S
8. Lamborghini Gallardo Coupe (manual) 10/17
Bentley Continental GT (automatic)
Bentley Continental GTC (automatic)
Bentley Continental Flying Spur (automatic)
9. Mercedes-Benz G55 AMG 11/13
10. Jeep Grand Cherokee 4WD 11/14
Mercedes-Benz ML63 AMG

Read more: EPAs Top 10 most, least fuel efficient vehicles for 2008 - Motor Trend Blog
No, I said YOU cannot buy one!

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif
I can afford to buy a Suburban all day long.

You lose, numbnutz.
And once again, you are too fucking dim to understand the point. I picked 9 mpg out of the air - I could have said 5 mph - it doesn't fucking matter, idiot!

The point is that just because the government has restricted certain things for the benefit of society, it doesn't mean that you are being oppressed.

Suck it up, and try to act like a man, you sorry, worthless piece of shit!

Yet the fact remains that it's still none of your or Big Daddy Big Gubmint's business to decide what's supposedly "for the benefit of society", comrade....The proper role of de jure governance is to protect me from force and fraud, not to be the chief practitioner of them.

Now, go iron you Mao jacket, tovarich.

Last edited:
I didn't realize - until Rachel Maddow just pointed it out - that Boehner and the House GOP have once again shot themselves in the foot! This was THEIR bill, that THEY brought to the floor, that THEY brought to a vote - and they couldn't pass it!!!

Holy fucking shit!!! Who brings a bill to a vote without knowing that you have the votes to pass it??? Boehner, that's who!

Rachel has proven it over and over: Boehner is bad at his job.

Yet the fact remains that it's still none of your or Big Daddy Big Gubmint's business to decide what's supposedly "for the benefit of society", comrade....The proper role of de jure governance is to protect me from force and fraud, not to be the chief practitioner of them.

Now, go iron you Mao jacket, tovarich.
You are a fucking idiot.

Last edited:
China and Venezuela have "free" elections, too.

Hell, it was even the evil and reviled GEORGE BOOOOOOOSH! who signed this stupid ban into law.

If your vote really mattered, you wouldn't even have it....Fool.

Last edited:
China and Venezuela have "free" elections, too.

Hell, it was even the evil and reviled GEORGE BOOOOOOOSH! who signed this stupid ban into law.

If your vote really mattered, you wouldn't even have it....Fool.
So you believe that the United States is no better than China and Venezuela?

You are an un-American fucking idiot.

Irrelevance piled upon irrelevance is still irrelevant....The only energy crises we have are those being created by do-gooder jackasses like you.

And it's still none of your fucking business.
Fuck you! It is, too. Just like you driving a car that is missing a catalytic converter, or spews smoke out of the tailpipe is my business. Just like you dumping chemicals into the river is my business.

The best thing about coming on these forums..............for me Oddball?

Watching the gay meltdowns by the miserable limpwristed!!! These people live life in a perpetual state of self torture..........seething and crooning about people not seeing the world their way. Indeed......seeing the hyper-idealistic put this on public display reminds me once again why it is such a fcukking hoot to be a conservative. And especially in 2011 as we watch the far left self-destruct right before our eyes.........you know these environmentalists on steroids are the most miserable fcukkers on the planet as common sense has returned to dominate the landscape in America.

And with the HOUSE sewn up for the GOP for a minimum of 6 years, these nuts are going to be reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal pissed:D.............oh yes..........its going to be a gas being in this forum for a long long time.:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

2010_Mustang_burnout_WG-12.jpg

Last edited:
How do people feel about the current repeal of the "light bulb" ban?

I get it. The govt should not tell us what to buy, but at the same time my firm belief is that the roll of govt sometimes is to steer us in the right direction. Anyone care to sound out? Interesting debate: What is clearly a good thing for the planet and all in our benefit versus the roll of govt to legislate what we can and cannot buy (simplistically)...

Typical of the unintended consequences of "do gooders", they mandate that we use a product that is inherently more dangerous than the product previously available and in the long run, far worse for the enviornment.

What kind of thinking mandates that we put lightbulbs loaded with neurotoxins in our homes? What kind of thinking reaches the logical conclusion that putting these bulbs in landfills is a good idea?

Bent, you and the others here seem to be under the delusion that these standards were created by this admin. They were created with participation of the GOP and signed into law by Bush in 2007.

Forum List

Back