Light Bulb Ban?

How do people feel about the current repeal of the "light bulb" ban?

I get it. The govt should not tell us what to buy, but at the same time my firm belief is that the roll of govt sometimes is to steer us in the right direction. Anyone care to sound out? Interesting debate: What is clearly a good thing for the planet and all in our benefit versus the roll of govt to legislate what we can and cannot buy (simplistically)...

Typical of the unintended consequences of "do gooders", they mandate that we use a product that is inherently more dangerous than the product previously available and in the long run, far worse for the enviornment.

What kind of thinking mandates that we put lightbulbs loaded with neurotoxins in our homes? What kind of thinking reaches the logical conclusion that putting these bulbs in landfills is a good idea?

I think if we ignored about 90% of the "do gooders" and "experts," we just might have a better planet on which to live. "Do gooders" and "experts" have caused us far more damage in the name of more causes than they have ever done good - it just takes them, on average, about 20 years to come up with conclusion that "we may have been wrong about ... ."

As to the light bulbs being foisted upon us - I do believe they are dangerous. (I think I have already posted this in another "light bulb" thread) - but when a city government says that the used bulbs cannot be tossed in the dumpsters with our other trash, but we have to deliver the used bulbs to a special location for disposal - I have to believe that there's a problem with those light bulbs. And if they're that dangerous I don't want them in my house. I have to confess that I don't have a good understanding of the "Commerce Clause" - but it appears that particular clause is the "open door" to make us purchase anything the government says we must purchase - whether it's light bulbs or healthcare insurance.
You are aware that the batteries in your home, which most cities require that you recycle are more toxic than CFLs as are dozens of other items found in the home?

Nice non sequitur.

An incandescent light bulb isn't sewage and it's still none of your fucking business how I light my home or how much I spend to do it.

As long as we're talking energy/oil crisis it is. Better the light bulb than drilling everywhere. You want to be that libertarian, go find a desert island and live there. Here's a clue, your "philosophy" only works until someone else arrives. :lol::lol::lol:

You are aware that the batteries in your home, which most cities require that you recycle are more toxic than CFLs as are dozens of other items found in the home?
How is adding to the toxicity potential helpful in any way?
Using bulbs with minuscule amounts of mercury allows us to forego the building of power plants that dump tons of mercury and other pollutants into the air which adds toxins to our water and our food. We will also save millions of barrels of oil and/or tons of coal.

Irrelevance piled upon irrelevance is still irrelevant....The only energy crises we have are those being created by do-gooder jackasses like you.

And it's still none of your fucking business.

Tough shit, you're obviously too stupid to discuss things intelligently. Live in your little libertarian rose-colored utopia. I'll take the real world, thanks.

Why couldn't you think about minding your own fucking business?
You're just upset that Joe Barton got bitch-slapped on the light bulb vote.

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif

Right...You can "choose" from the "options" provided to you by your gubmint masters...Like a good little subject.
What a fucking crybaby!

Are you still crying because you can't buy cars that only get 9 mpg, too?

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif

Right...You can "choose" from the "options" provided to you by your gubmint masters...Like a good little subject.

The options are given to us by industry. The ban is on the order of not putting raw swage into streams. Anyone that fought that is the spiritual anscestor of those who can't see the advantage in saving 75% on lighting costs!!!
Oddball dumps all his raw sewage into his posts.

He's a fucking crybaby.

Typical of the unintended consequences of "do gooders", they mandate that we use a product that is inherently more dangerous than the product previously available and in the long run, far worse for the enviornment.

What kind of thinking mandates that we put lightbulbs loaded with neurotoxins in our homes? What kind of thinking reaches the logical conclusion that putting these bulbs in landfills is a good idea?

I think if we ignored about 90% of the "do gooders" and "experts," we just might have a better planet on which to live. "Do gooders" and "experts" have caused us far more damage in the name of more causes than they have ever done good - it just takes them, on average, about 20 years to come up with conclusion that "we may have been wrong about ... ."

As to the light bulbs being foisted upon us - I do believe they are dangerous. (I think I have already posted this in another "light bulb" thread) - but when a city government says that the used bulbs cannot be tossed in the dumpsters with our other trash, but we have to deliver the used bulbs to a special location for disposal - I have to believe that there's a problem with those light bulbs. And if they're that dangerous I don't want them in my house. I have to confess that I don't have a good understanding of the "Commerce Clause" - but it appears that particular clause is the "open door" to make us purchase anything the government says we must purchase - whether it's light bulbs or healthcare insurance.
I find that wingnuts are really not aware of much at all.

What a fucking crybaby!

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif
I can buy them all I want.....Hemmings Motor News: Auto Classifieds - Hemmings Auto Classifieds feature cars for sale nation wide.

And what I want to light my home with is none of your fucking business, either, fuckroast.

Irrelevance piled upon irrelevance is still irrelevant....The only energy crises we have are those being created by do-gooder jackasses like you.

And it's still none of your fucking business.
Fuck you! It is, too. Just like you driving a car that is missing a catalytic converter, or spews smoke out of the tailpipe is my business. Just like you dumping chemicals into the river is my business.

What a fucking crybaby!

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif
I can buy them all I want.....Hemmings Motor News: Auto Classifieds - Hemmings Auto Classifieds feature cars for sale nation wide.

And what I want to light my home with is none of your fucking business, either, fuckroast.
You can't buy a new one, moron!

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif

What a fucking crybaby!

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif
Oh, yes I can, imbecile.

Lowest Overall Fuel Economy Models*
2008 Model Year

Rank ;Make/Model City/Highway MPG
1. Lamborghini Murcielago (automatic) 8/13
2. Bugatti Veyron 8/14
3. Lamborghini Murcielago (manual) 9/14
4. Bently Azure/Arnage RL 9/15
5. Ferrari 612 Scaglietti (automatic) 9/16
6. Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder (manual) 10/15
Ferrari Ferrari 612 Scaglietti (manual)
Bentley Arnage (automatic)
7. Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder 10/16
Aston Martin DB9 Coupe
Aston Martin DB9 Volante
Mercedes-Benz Maybach 57
Mercedes-Benz Maybach 57S
Mercedes-Benz Maybach 62
Mercedes-Benz Maybach 62S
8. Lamborghini Gallardo Coupe (manual) 10/17
Bentley Continental GT (automatic)
Bentley Continental GTC (automatic)
Bentley Continental Flying Spur (automatic)
9. Mercedes-Benz G55 AMG 11/13
10. Jeep Grand Cherokee 4WD 11/14
Mercedes-Benz ML63 AMG

Read more: EPAs Top 10 most, least fuel efficient vehicles for 2008 - Motor Trend Blog

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif
Oh, yes I can, imbecile.

Lowest Overall Fuel Economy Models*
2008 Model Year

Rank ;Make/Model City/Highway MPG
1. Lamborghini Murcielago (automatic) 8/13
2. Bugatti Veyron 8/14
3. Lamborghini Murcielago (manual) 9/14
4. Bently Azure/Arnage RL 9/15
5. Ferrari 612 Scaglietti (automatic) 9/16
6. Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder (manual) 10/15
Ferrari Ferrari 612 Scaglietti (manual)
Bentley Arnage (automatic)
7. Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder 10/16
Aston Martin DB9 Coupe
Aston Martin DB9 Volante
Mercedes-Benz Maybach 57
Mercedes-Benz Maybach 57S
Mercedes-Benz Maybach 62
Mercedes-Benz Maybach 62S
8. Lamborghini Gallardo Coupe (manual) 10/17
Bentley Continental GT (automatic)
Bentley Continental GTC (automatic)
Bentley Continental Flying Spur (automatic)
9. Mercedes-Benz G55 AMG 11/13
10. Jeep Grand Cherokee 4WD 11/14
Mercedes-Benz ML63 AMG

Read more: EPAs Top 10 most, least fuel efficient vehicles for 2008 - Motor Trend Blog
No, I said YOU cannot buy one!

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif

Another farce associated with the hoak called Global warming!!!! First it was freon now it's light bulbs. light bulbs that if broken requires you to get a has-mat team to aid in the clean up if one of these pollution laced green bulbs break. A hugh thank you to the kool-aid tree hugging A-holes that make everybodies life misserable!!! Ifr you want to use these products gladly use these yourself and leave me alone!!!

Forum List

Back