LIFE..... What's the Point of It?

Anachronism

Rookie
Jan 30, 2011
New England
One of the great questions of all time..... What is the Point of Life? Why are We Here? What is Our Purpose?

Well, what say you?

One of the great questions of all time..... What is the Point of Life? Why are We Here? What is Our Purpose?

Well, what say you?

I don't know the answers, but based upon the treasures that surround me which keep me in gratitude for life, I DO know that I would feel very guilty if I were unhappy....

And his sig is inaccurate. He put MM on ignore days and days ago.

• Banned
I don't know the answers, but based upon the treasures that surround me which keep me in gratitude for life, I DO know that I would feel very guilty if I were unhappy....

I'm not going to claim to have all the answers either Athena, but I don't really think that happiness has a whole lot to do with it.

Honestly, I feel that we're here to be Tested on whether we can and/or will live a good and decent life, regardless of what is thrown at us during that life. I think that is what we're Judged on at the end of this life, and based on that Judgement our soul goes on in one of a couple of ways from there..... Either off to "Heaven", Banished to "Hell", or to be purified and re-educated through punishment and then sent back here to try again.

sisyphus.gif

dillo, interesting take on things. Not sure I've ever seen it quite expressed in that way, but okay.

How about this way ? Everything that is labled as good or bad was done so by people who aren't really sure what the hell they are doing. It's a "system" invented by man to make some sense out of it all. I guess we have a instinctual drive to survive but past that there is no purpose.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
How about this way ? Everything that is labled as good or bad was done so by people who aren't really sure what the hell they are doing. It's a "system" invented by man to make some sense out of it all. I guess we have a instinctual drive to survive but past that there is no purpose.

My apologies if I seemed to be deriding your theory, dillo. I had just never quite seen it put in those words before.

It would seem that your belief is that all philosophy/religion/spirituality is bunk simply because none of it can be proven to be correct during our lifetime in this world. Can I then assume that you also do not believe in any sort of afterlife? Again, I'm not judging, just trying to make sure I understand your point of view.

My purpose in life is to piss off people who worship flags.

No one worships a flag, you dope. We honor what it represents.

You honor disrespecting what others value because it's EASY to take a negative tack in life.

Forum List

Back