Life or Death and the Healthcare Bill

Now how the hell did that happen? Probably operator error. I do apologize to Political Chic as this was completely unintended by me.

Right.....of course, just an honest mistake, eh...taken out of context, eh...typo, eh...the devil made me do it. :lol:

No...I was simply trying to copy MY original response to her thread as I felt it had merit. Somehow, I managed to attribute my quote to her...

Now how the hell did that happen? Probably operator error. I do apologize to Political Chic as this was completely unintended by me.

OR you could have quoted, and taken a lot of time doing it, while PC was busy editing out a sarcastic comment she decided did not contribute to her main point, which was apparently that no one should be surprised that big O uses mobster style political tactics.

Obviouse you don't know Political Chic too well.
Keep reading her posts, it's an education

VaYank bottom feeding again? :evil:

No, seriously....why would conservatives be bitching about the possibility of an AF base run by the Federal government. Would that NOT mean cutting spending? And of course we all know that "conservatives" were against the stimulus, so why would "conservatives" want Nebraska's economy propped up by an AF base?

Probably for the only real reason it was even mentioned.....a threat, VaYank....a threat. That's the wrong reason for closing the base....wouldn't you think?

Last edited:

OR you could have quoted, and taken a lot of time doing it, while PC was busy editing out a sarcastic comment she decided did not contribute to her main point, which was apparently that no one should be surprised that big O uses mobster style political tactics.

"...while PC was busy editing out a sarcastic comment she decided did not contribute to her main point,..."

What are you talking about?

What did I edit out?

And how would you be aware of same?

P-R-O-J-E-C-T-I-O-N?

Now, if there is some grudge that you believe that you are assiaging, be adult, and state it.

Bring it on, if you dare.

No, seriously....why would conservatives be bitching about the possibility of an AF base run by the Federal government. Would that NOT mean cutting spending? And of course we all know that "conservatives" were against the stimulus, so why would "conservatives" want Nebraska's economy propped up by an AF base?

Probably for the only real reason it was even mentioned.....a threat, VaYank....a threat. That's the wrong reason for closing the base....wouldn't you think?

And what of Governor Perry's threat to secede if he was forced to take stimulus money?

VaYank bottom feeding again? :evil:

Close your eyes...

Now imagine in your minds eye the President threatening a Senator with a base closure to influence that Senator's vote on a major piece of legislation.
Can you see it?
Do you feel comfortable with that?

And what of Governor Perry's threat to secede if he was forced to take stimulus money?

Please don't deflect, we're talking about the closing of a military base because of a Senator's stance on a bill. Let's stay on topic.

Fair enough. You know as well as I do, our servicemen will not be laid off. The aricraft will simply be transferred to another nearby base. No harm, no foul.

Please don't deflect, we're talking about the closing of a military base because of a Senator's stance on a bill. Let's stay on topic.

Fair enough. You know as well as I do, our servicemen will not be laid off. The aricraft will simply be transferred to another nearby base. No harm, no foul.
You have answered my question very clearly VaYank. You have no problem with a base being closed solely for the reason that the Senator didn't vote for a bill the president wanted. VaYank is good with blackmail in politics. Okaaaaay....

Obviouse you don't know Political Chic too well.
Keep reading her posts, it's an education

Wow! Thanks. I feel lucky to be here where people appreciate my posts.
Merry Christmas!

You have answered my question very clearly VaYank. You have no problem with a base being closed solely for the reason that the Senator didn't vote for a bill the president wanted. VaYank is good with blackmail in politics. Okaaaaay....

As Potical Chic pointed out in her initial post, politics is a bloodsport. The good senator can't expect to take and take without there being repercussions.

As Potical Chic pointed out in her initial post, politics is a bloodsport. The good senator can't expect to take and take without there being repercussions.

You didn't need to respond, VaYank, your ethics, or lack there of, are very clear to me, and anyone else who read your previous post

You didn't need to respond, VaYank, your ethics, or lack there of, are very clear to me, and anyone else who read your previous post

Fair enough. So, do you agree or disagree that "conservatives" shoul dbe onboard with this tactic as it would save Federal spending?

VaYank,

If that base was outdated or had some other legitimate reason to be closed, fine. The point has already been made that it has strategic importance. It is also obivious this was done out of strong arm tactics by Obama. Surely if saving money was the clear objective, we would be on a much faster pace to withdraw from Iraq.

Fair enough. So, do you agree or disagree that "conservatives" shoul dbe onboard with this tactic as it would save Federal spending?

One has to ask, is this for fiscal responsiblilty, or....is this payback time?
This is no more than payback time, and no, I'm not for it.
The base wasn't on the chopping block before the vote.

Close your eyes...

Now imagine in your minds eye the President threatening a Senator with a base closure to influence that Senator's vote on a major piece of legislation.
Can you see it?
Do you feel comfortable with that?

Now imagine it's President Bush.

Forum List

Back