Life on Mars?

From what I've read, Semitic languages e.g. Hebrew are somewhat imprecise i.e. a single word can have several meanings. In ancient Egyptian, the word m's (pronounced "mes") can meaning "to be born", "to be brought forth", "to bring out" (and by the way m's is the root of the name Moses --- so you can see how this confirms the Biblical account of how he got his name). Also, notice that I spelled the word m's without any vowels, Semitic languages are like that. They wrote the consanants but left out the vowels because they thought you could figure out the meaning of the word from the context.

However, this presents a problem to English speaking believers. Our language is quite precise, so the meaning of the word that Hebrews used for "day" could also be interpreted as "age" (as in the Third Age). I could very well be that the original intent of the Biblical creation account was simply that God created the universe, then in a series of ages, put the Earth in order.

How does this solve the "begats" issue? Simple..... the geneologies skip generations. The same thing was done in ancient Egypt, when a pharaoh claimed to be the "son of .....", all he was saying was that he was descended from that pharaoh, not that he was literally the son.

Up to the time of Moses, who is credited with writing Genesis and the first five books of the Bible, the Hebrews did not have a written language. We know this because archeological remains in Egypt during the time of the settling of Egypt by the Hyksos (which were probably the same people as Joseph and his brothers) show no writing at all. Moses, on the other hand was raised in the Egyptian court and thus could read and write. Perhaps this is where the Hebrew alphabet came from i.e. it is a form of Egyptian writing known as "hieratic" or "demotic" which was a shorthand version of the hieroglyph writing of the Egyptians.

Life Amidst Glaciers Thrives and Survives » MarsNews.com

http://mars.spherix.com/

A couple websites dealing with the scientific evidence of life on Mars.

It seems very possible that we may find life there...

We know a lot more 12 years later.

What Does A Newly Born Pacific Island Say About Life On Mars?

I give you this five-minute video explaining how the birth of a new island in the Pacific provides new insights into the geography of Mars (the video was found on my ever-favorite The Kid Should See This). The new island is called Hunga Tonga-Hunga Ha'apai, and it's in the Kingdom of Tonga.

The island was born via a submarine volcano — and the eruption that created it in 2014 could be seen for miles. People have watched submarine volcanoes making islands before, but Hunga Tonga-Hunga Ha'apai was the first to occur in the modern Earth-monitoring satellite era. Now with our orbiting instruments, we have the capacity to follow the island-building process with insane levels of sensitivity and accuracy.

And what did folks find with all this acuity?

Remarkably, they saw processes involving complex interplays of water and newly formed rock, whose traces look a whole lot like features seen on Mars. The thing about Mars is we know that planet had a lot of volcanism going on billions of years ago. We're also pretty sure the Red Planet had a lot of water billions of years ago, too. Put that together with particular and puzzling features seen on Mars today, and the connection between Mars then and Earth now begins to take focus.

I don't want to give any more spoilers. Just take five minutes of your day, watch this amazing video, and let its story and its science knock you to the floor as it did to me.

MJDuncan1982 said:
Please call NASA and spread your superior wisdom...save us some money. On a side note...is Falwell going to protest NASA now because the bible says nothing about other life?

How would you know what the bible says? Frankly, the Bible does not mention nor deny other life.

Also, I wouldn't consider a bunch of microbes poop'n in a pool of water equivalent to life on earth.
Silly ass, that is how we began. It is even possible that life began on Mars first, then was exported via impact to Earth. Possible, not likely, but possible.

no1tovote4 said:
There is considerable evidence of the byproducts of life on the planet. They have found many different gasses in the atmosphere of the planet that are byproducts of life. One is Formaldehyde, and others that I cannot remember at this point but will try to find a specific story on the gaseous products of life being found on Mars.

I think you may be wrong Joz. There may truly be life on that planet.

Were I a betting man, I'd bet a cup of cofee that some time in the next 20 years that they will find proof of life on Mars.
That's great! When will they find intelligence on earth?
Not here on this board, and that includes my own posts. LOL

CivilLiberty said:
Um, are you joking? Or are you a young earther?
The reason I ask is that young earthers are, like flat earthers, believers in a false premise, disproved with mountains of evidence.
Do you actually believe in the young (6000) year old earth, and if so, how do you reconcile this belief with the facts, such as the evolution of life over 3,500,000,000 years, millions of years of natural earth formation, such as the Grand Canyon?A
Well, if you don't believe in Creation or the Bible there's not really much for us to discuss. You don't believe it, I do.

But, why is it so hard to believe that life is only 6,000 years old? As I said before, why couldn't this world have hung in space for billions of years until God was ready to put life on it?
If I decide to sculpt in clay, I can dig it up and as long as I keep the clay's conditions right, I can use it whenever I'm ready. So, the vase I make may only be a day old but testing the clay would reveal that my vase should be much older.
With the Flood that occurred in the days of Noah, the Grand Canyon could have easily been formed, yet the properties would reveal that it is indeed billions of years old.

As I sit here and type, I can hear you scoff at what I'm writing. Does it matter if I'm wrong? If, when I die, people will mourn my passing, because I lived a life with morals & standards and a benefit to those around me; What have I lost?
Nuclear physics. Fossil record. Tectonics. And so many other areas of science that prove the earth has been here about 4.5 billion years.

CivilLiberty said:
The reason I ask is that young earthers are, like flat earthers, believers in a false premise, disproved with mountains of evidence.
Do you actually believe in the young (6000) year old earth, and if so, how do you reconcile this belief with the facts, such as the evolution of life over 3,500,000,000 years, millions of years of natural earth formation, such as the Grand Canyon?A
Well, if you don't believe in Creation or the Bible there's not really much for us to discuss. You don't believe it, I do.

But, why is it so hard to believe that life is only 6,000 years old? As I said before, why couldn't this world have hung in space for billions of years until God was ready to put life on it?
If I decide to sculpt in clay, I can dig it up and as long as I keep the clay's conditions right, I can use it whenever I'm ready. So, the vase I make may only be a day old but testing the clay would reveal that my vase should be much older.
With the Flood that occurred in the days of Noah, the Grand Canyon could have easily been formed, yet the properties would reveal that it is indeed billions of years old.

As I sit here and type, I can hear you scoff at what I'm writing. Does it matter if I'm wrong? If, when I die, people will mourn my passing, because I lived a life with morals & standards and a benefit to those around me; What have I lost?

I think it is society that loses when the masses are so gullible they will believe a story that makes no sense. How hard is it to convince you that evolution isn't real? How about global warming? And do you think abortion is murder and should be outlawed? Here are three examples of how easily manipulated a religious person is. If they can be convinced a virgin birthed god and he walked on water and he is our savior, then I guess the same powerful people that control you through the church can also convince you that Saddam had WMD's and he had something to do with 9-11. And they can convince you to once again try trickle down economics.

CivilLiberty said:

Because it is a fact that humans have been around for at least 1 million years. We know this. Why don't you?

You have lost nothing. You can remain ignorantly blissful. Enjoy.

Oh, and some Christians/Jews have said 1 day to god 200 million to God. So 7 days x 200 is 14 million years. In other words Christians/Jews won't ever admit they were/are wrong.

Forum List

Back