Life on Alert in an Israeli Town

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
By STEVEN ERLANGER
Published: January 9, 2008

SDEROT, Israel — Less than two months ago, Raziel Sasson emerged from his rocket-proof closet, willing now to sleep just outside it, with the rest of his family, on mattresses circled on the living room floor. But Razi, 13, still wakes his father up three times a night, afraid to walk alone to the bathroom.

Four years ago, Razi was climbing a tree when a Qassam rocket, fired from nearby Gaza, flew over his head and exploded nearby. He remembers the spinning contrail of the crude rocket and its fierce whistle. The blast blew him eight yards to the ground.

Sderot, a working-class town of mainly North African immigrants less than two miles from Gaza, has been hit over the past four years with some 2,000 rockets of improving range and explosive power — 22 in the last eight days. Eight Sderot civilians have been killed by the rockets; Razi has seen 15 therapists.

“He wouldn’t leave the house to go to school for a year,” said his mother, Shula. One of his older brothers, Rafi, 22, used his army exit pay to build Razi a bomb shelter in the living room, a concrete cocoon with a steel door.

more ...http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/09/w...eacf5c2a6192d7&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

This is totally messed up. It must suck to be him.

I wonder how many muslim rockets he'd have to deal with if his house were located in Texas instead of former palestine. Probably as many as the Texan rockets he enjoys now. Thank the buring bush it's easier to whip out the scarlet A rather than see a correlation with manifest destiny. We wouldn't want any zionists breaking a sweat while making an effort to debate the conflict that produces kassams while screaming anti-semite will work juuuuust fine.

:bowdown:

Israel needs to do everything it can to protect itself and tell all its critics to kiss its ass, and fuck off.

They werent their during the holocaust, and their not their now.

My god, i love america but for us to ever tell israel not to defend herself, to not take jews being murdered daily by terrorists seriously but then when were attacked we attack afghanistan.

Hypocrites, cough

still love america, but like any country were not above criticism.

If americans had to deal with what israelies do, then we would crumble.

This is totally messed up. It must suck to be him.

I dont know how you make peace with people who teach their kids to hate.

It is true america, and the world dont deal with the underlying issues.

They mostly just say, jews bad, palestinians bad.

Too much simplisticness, even for a biased jew :)

I wonder how many muslim rockets he'd have to deal with if his house were located in Texas instead of former palestine. Probably as many as the Texan rockets he enjoys now. Thank the buring bush it's easier to whip out the scarlet A rather than see a correlation with manifest destiny. We wouldn't want any zionists breaking a sweat while making an effort to debate the conflict that produces kassams while screaming anti-semite will work juuuuust fine.

:bowdown:

I dont know how you make peace with people who teach their kids to hate.

It is true america, and the world dont deal with the underlying issues.

They mostly just say, jews bad, palestinians bad.

Too much simplisticness, even for a biased jew :)

are the lessons that teach kids to launch rockets any different than the lessons that teach kids what unhuman monsters mulsims, specifically pas, are?

Hmmm...given the history of radical Islam, and the joy they seem to take in beheading neutral non-military people and their penchant for targeting children...I guess teaching children to hate Muslims in a country where they are targeted by Muslims is a reasonable defense tactic.

So, teaching jewish kids to hate is "DEFENCE" while teaching muslim kids to hate is "EVIL"

gotcha.

It really doesn't take a 4 hour lecture on Stanley Milgram to see how people are willing to rationalize horror for the sake of common identity and authority and their ability to justify their motivation. I guess a German making the same excuse regarding the defense of their white Aryan nation from scandelous, greedy jews is lost on you?

Not that i'm under any misnomer that germans are equally as human as jews, massah..

No, teaching Jewish kids to be aware that there are Muslims out there targeting them is defense.

TEaching your children to target Jewish kids is hate.

Got it?

but teaching your kids that muslims just want to kill them beause they are jewish and, therefor, deserve their place behind the wall while living in a zionist israel where ethnic purity is the goal is NOT hate?

oooook.

Face it, if germans treated its jews like israel treats the pals you'd be screaming holocaust by now. We both know it. Maybe some goofy little baby carriage bumper sticker will make such hatred seem less identical to german anti-jew laws to you but there will always be walt disney types rooting for a pet nation instead of common humanity

The difference speaks for itself, despite your best efforts to make them look the same.

And stating "and we both know it" is a time-honored tactic of someone who has lost a debate. When you hear a politician say it, it means in the argument he's making, he's been defeated.

no, the difference does NOT speak for itself any more than you can justify such beyond your own israel loving bias that, Im betting, has more to do with your common dogma than it does for a concern for inconvenient humanity.

rationalize what you need to. What we BOTH know is that you are the one capable of giving israel the same blank check that Walt Disney handed to nazi germany. If you think this conveys a lost debate, well, you also seem to think demonizing muslims is not hatred too so...

scary.. the Scarlet A. Weren't you just mentioning the criteria for losing a debate? screaming anti-semite sure is a giftbag of FINAL SOLUTIONS, isn't it?

Thankfully, your anti-palestinian rantings just doesn't have a nice little convenient comparable piece of vocab like ANTI-SEMITE to whip out at the first sign of having to actually admit your hatred of pals, does it? As if, hatred of pals, and the rationalization of their condition, is validated by the israeli ability to scream that the sky is falling. And you buy it everytime since your very own messiah was jewish instead of muslim.

So, spare me the reflexive Scarlet A and the charge of being anti-israel when, clearly, you have no problem validating anti-palestinian de-humanizing garbage as "DEFENSE"

You have never seen anything anti-pal from me, and you never will.

You will find anti-Islamo fascist. If there are any who happen to be Palestinian, I don't see that as a black mark against all Palestinians, any more than I see the few Iraqi Islamofascists as an indication that all Iraqis hate Americans or the West.

We get to defend ourselves from Islamo fascists, and we get to employ methods which identify them so we can protect ourselves from us. That does not make us "just as bad".

the fact that you can rationalize hate by the jews and demonize hate by pals is exactly anti-pal.

You might as well be a german saying that he doesn't hate jews, rather, he hates greedy non-Aryans. Who do youthink you are tying to kid around with?

For someone who just said that they don't apply condemnation to ALL pals you sure are quick to ignore the very same thing happening to the POPULATION of pals for the sake of a stark minority of kassam rocket pals...

But, hey... it's not hatred for israel to teach it's young that pals are behind a wall, AS A POPULATION, for the sake of defense from a stark minority, eh? Kinda like it wasn't hate for germans to teach THEIR young that jews are all greedy scheisters just because SOME may have been, eh?

Germany was "defending" itself too, Allie. That's what your lowest common denominator zionism won't let you admit.

But I distinguish between a reasonable fear and actually advancing hatred, and apparently you don't.

I think it's reasonable for Jews to fear radical Muslims.

I don't think it's reasonable for radical Muslims to target Jewish children and women.

Note I said "target".

of course you DISTINGUISH a difference.

so did the germans.

pals, as a population, no more TARGETS women and children than jews TARGETED weath in Germany but... at least you can rationalize your own willingness to minimize the humanity of an entire population, eh?

Red herring alert.

We're not talking about the Nazis. Try to focus. We're talking about the diff between teaching children that the women and children of another denomination deserve to die, and teaching children that they are being targeted.

yea, history sure is a red herring when it becomes inconvenient for zionists who enjoy ignoring the same social indicators that was once used to indicate jewish persecution. Funny how you always require a double standard, eh?

What we are talking about is your ability to ACCEPT the demonization of an entire popuation based on the actions of a few from said population. You know, just like demonizing ALL jews because SOME jews were greedy sheisters who hoarded wealth in Germany. Was ALL jews responsible for the actions of their greedy minority? no. Was this a good excuse to demonize ALL jews?? no. Was this an acceptable excuse to purge the nation of all but a MASTER RACE? no.

But, thankfully, you've managed to get comfortable saying YES to all of the above... as long as it applies to pals instead of jews.

Weren't you just bragging about intelligence?

Forum List

Back