Life Long Republican War Hero Testimony On Gay Marriage

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Hello there everyone, time once again for my daily post. I found this on youtube and felt like sharing it with the rest of you all. I thought his words were touching because they were right from his heart. I hope you all enjoyed listening to him speak as much as I did.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrEbJBFWIPk]YouTube - Philip[/ame]

"The woman at my polling place asked me do I believe in equality for gay and lesbian people. I was pretty suprised to be asked a question like that. It made no sense to me. Finally I asked her: what do you think I fought for in Omaha Beach?"

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

He has a gay son? That makes all the difference. No child is raised gay. They just are.

Right wingers will smear this guy. You watch.

He has a gay son? That makes all the difference. No child is raised gay. They just are.

I'm a right winger and I appreciate the clip and the man's point of view and the fact that he was willing to get up and say so.

I too believe in equality for all Americans. I do, however, believe that marriage should be the realm of the church. That is my personal opinion. Therefore, I believe that the state should treat everyone equal and get out of the marriage business... civil unions for all, marriages for the religious and if the church chooses to marry homosexuals then that is the decision of the church or religious institution.

I do have one question though about the question he was asked. Does that belong at a polling place? What if he had said, "Hell no"?

Immie

we are voting right now on domestic partnership in washington state, which would also allow senior citizens to enter into a domestic partnership which is how I think it will be passed. No one wants to tell grandma and her new boyfriend what they can and cannot do.

Hello there everyone, time once again for my daily post. I found this on youtube and felt like sharing it with the rest of you all. I thought his words were touching because they were right from his heart. I hope you all enjoyed listening to him speak as much as I did.

YouTube - Philip

"The woman at my polling place asked me do I believe in equality for gay and lesbian people. I was pretty suprised to be asked a question like that. It made no sense to me. Finally I asked her: what do you think I fought for in Omaha Beach?"

Now THAT is a Great American. Wonder if Hannity would have him on as a guest.

Let me get this. A soldier, while on Omaha beach, is thinking about protecting the rights of his unborn gay kid? Buddies dying around him left and right and he thinks about this? Glad he wasn't thinking about nuking North Korea we'd have a big mess.

Let me get this. A soldier, while on Omaha beach, is thinking about protecting the rights of his unborn gay kid? Buddies dying around him left and right and he thinks about this? Glad he wasn't thinking about nuking North Korea we'd have a big mess.

He was referring to Equality you ignorant fool.

May the smearing commence huh you fucking hack. :eusa_eh:

His point was that he was fighting for liberty not gay marriage in particular and that he believes that this issue is now a question of liberty. He doesn't even have to agree with "gay marriage" to believe that this is a question of liberty.

And quite frankly, I think he put the woman who asked him that question in her place.

Immie

Yes, I was aware of what he meant. I see smearing is not exclusive to my point of view. You must be so proud.

let me get this straight, fighting to prevent jews from being shot in the head, and burned in ovens is the same as gays getting married

as a jew, i find his words repugnant

YouTube - Philip

Now THAT is a Great American. Wonder if Hannity would have him on as a guest.

Seems to be a difficult concept for some.

non sense, gays in america were never persecuted like the jews were, they werent rounded up, put in camps, having their babies shot and skulls fractured against trees

this guy, while good intentioned is a fucking idiot for comparing the wiping out of an entire culture/people to gay people wanting to get married.

I could even see the argument, hey martin, we dont have certain rights like inheritance, and seeing our partner, find, ill comprimise on that, but to say, i must comprimise my god given beliefs on marriage is to ask me to not be who i am, and you would be just as intolerant as you acuse me of being

Last edited:
non sense, gays in america were never persecuted like the jews were, they werent rounded up, put in camps, having their babies shot and skulls fractured against trees

this guy, while good intentioned is a fucking idiot for comparing the wiping out of an entire culture/people to gay people wanting to get married.

I could even see the argument, hey martin, we dont have certain rights like inheritance, and seeing our partner, find, ill comprimise on that, but to say, i must comprimise my god given beliefs on marriage is to ask me to not be who i am, and you would be just as intolerant as you acuse me of being

Exactly.

No homos have ever been persecuted for having a "marriage". No ones rights have been violated, they have the same rights as everyone else.

Just because the rest of society doesn't recognize their silly "marriage" doesn't mean it equates to being persecuted by the government and having their rights violated.

Every homosexual has the right to marry their fag lover in a church willing to perform the ceremony. The rest of society has the right to not call it a marriage.

thank you, exactly right

gays are not entitled to marriage, they cant force people to accept what they deem a marriage

Exactly.

No homos have ever been persecuted for having a "marriage". No ones rights have been violated, they have the same rights as everyone else.

Just because the rest of society doesn't recognize their silly "marriage" doesn't mean it equates to being persecuted by the government and having their rights violated.

Every homosexual has the right to marry their fag lover in a church willing to perform the ceremony. The rest of society has the right to not call it a marriage.

I'm a right winger and I appreciate the clip and the man's point of view and the fact that he was willing to get up and say so.

I too believe in equality for all Americans. I do, however, believe that marriage should be the realm of the church. That is my personal opinion. Therefore, I believe that the state should treat everyone equal and get out of the marriage business... civil unions for all, marriages for the religious and if the church chooses to marry homosexuals then that is the decision of the church or religious institution.

I do have one question though about the question he was asked. Does that belong at a polling place? What if he had said, "Hell no"?

Immie

So, for you this is not about the man's words, it is an opportunity for you to whine about right wingers? Right. Got it.

Actually, most of us believe in equality. Not 'gay rights' but everyone's rights. No one is special - we are all the same.

The only proviso I have on 'gay marriage' is that Churches are not forced to marry people who fall outside that Churches beliefs.

No one's rights are any more important than anyone elses.

But you have at it. Use this as a whine about 'right wingers'..... It will make you look dumb, but that is your perogative.

Forum List

Back