Life Long Lions Fan Left wondering what to think

I am a die-hard Lions fan. They are finally winning games and I am damn happy about it. They have a very strong defense and an offense that is scoring a lot of points. What's not to like?

Yeah, they've let me down forever, but I will still believe in them every year. That is what a FAN does......

Don't get me wrong, I think they could go far, just so used to being let down. What I am worried about now is, will Stafford make it through a whole season. lol

I've watched every game and it is clear that they have some weak points. Also, falling behind as much as they have the last two weeks (even though both games ended up being victories), is a bit bothersome.

With that being said, they are winning, have the best receiver in the league, a qb that isn't scared to throw the ball to him, and maybe the best d-line in the league as well.

Awesome time to be a Lions fan.

It's Both Troubling and Impressive that they got so far behind and came back 2 weeks in a row. Impressive because it is that ability, to overcome and find a way to win. To go into the Locker room and half time and come out and turn it around, that is key to being a Super bowl Caliber team.

When Stafford is on he is Exceptional, but he is injury Prone which is a problem.

I guess I am superstitious. I DVR the Games because I think if I watch they will lose, LOL. I think if I get behind them and start thinking they can make it, they will fuck it up. I feel like the only way they will win a super bowl is if I am not really paying attention when it happens. LOL

Last 2 weeks I watched less than a quarter live then turned the channel sure they were going to lose. Only to be shocked when I watched the rest of it. lol

Last edited:
As is probably the case with many football fans who were watching during the Barry Sanders years, I have a special place in my heart for the Lions. I'm not a fan, but if the Niners can't win, seeing the Lions get a championship would be nice. Maybe it's the appeal of the perennial underdog.

Is this the year for the Lions? I have no idea. They have the talent to win. They can obviously put up points, although I don't like the poor running game. Their defense can play well, but they have also played fairly poorly for parts of the first few games.

Barring a complete collapse (or maybe just a Stafford injury) I think the Lions are going to the playoffs this year. Even if they should go 5-7 the rest of the way it might be enough to get them in, and I expect them to at least go .500 the rest of their games. They could take the division, it really depends on GB. The Packers offense looks pretty unstoppable right now, so their defensive issues aren't that important until someone can slow them down.

I say you should ride this high as long as you can. Who knows what the next few years might bring? Injury, contract disputes, coaching issues; the Lions may look like a team ready to be good for years to come, but you can never be sure. Have fun with the wins while they are here. The Super Bowl is hard to win, so don't be crushed if they don't get there, but keep the hope alive until they are stopped! After all the bad years in Detroit, savoring any good that comes along should be second nature. :)

The Lions are better than they've been for a long time in all facets of the game. They are now competitive with everybody, I don't see any real dominant teams out there yet this year. I think the Lions have a real possibility of making the playoffs, but it's tough to win on the road and they've still got some improvements to make running the ball and stopping the run.

Monday night's game against the Bears is going to be awesome though, I predict a big win for the Lions.

I'm not rushing to judgement on the Lions yet. It would be nice to see how they do with an above .500 team.

I'm not rushing to judgement on the Lions yet. It would be nice to see how they do with an above .500 team.

Tampa Bay is 3-1, we beat them at their place. Dallas is 2-2, was 2-1 before we beat them in Dallas. But I understand your point, let's see 'em play the Saints and the Chargers.

Forum List

Back