Life in the Middle Ages

src.adapt.960.high.1395360863565.jpg

So what that he's wearing 21st Century clothes. The human waste in the streets is right out of the dark ages. I cannot imagine the reek assailing a visitor's nostrils.

It may be shocking to realize, but human waste right out in the streets was not uncommon in Europe and America quite a long time after the end of the Dark Ages.

In 1858, Parliament could not sit in its normal session due to the unbearable stench coming off the Thames; a result of conditions that had literally been festering for centuries.

The Great Stink

Clean, efficient sewage and waste disposal is not as ancient (nor as complete) an accomplishment in the West as some might imagine. So, cut the folks dealing with a whole host of impediments to development (some traceable to Western fucking-with) a little slack. I would think that support and advice might be more productive and appropriate than opprobrium.

That is basically correct as general view.
Pettenkofer was the guy who organized the drain system and piped water supply besides other hygienic campains in Munich mid of the 19th century. At the end of that century Munich was the cleanest city on the continent.
But, you know, there were no aliens from Atlantis giving this achievments to them.
They did it themselves, they worked on it, they paid taxes for it, because of that they maintained it.
We should not help the african people by doing the work for them, additionally pay for it. They have to do it themselves. As long as we don't simply say: "we support you with know how to avoid annecessary failures, but the rest you have to arrange by yourselves, otherwise you stay drowning in shit and we don's care about it", nothing will change there.

But, you know, there were no aliens from Atlantis giving this [sic] achievments [sic] to them.

But they had examples from civilizations that had built far more advanced, effective, durable sewer systems over 1000 years before to go on, and they didn't have to shake off the effects of a few centuries of Africans colonizing Europe, stripping it of resources, and fucking with it politically first. Europeans had fucked with themselves more than enough and it took them at least a millennium to start overcoming that. So like I said, cut some people some slack.

But, you know, there were no aliens from Atlantis giving this [sic] achievments [sic] to them.

But they had examples from civilizations that had built far more advanced, effective, durable sewer systems over 1000 years before to go on, and they didn't have to shake off the effects of a few centuries of Africans colonizing Europe, stripping it of resources, and fucking with it politically first. Europeans had fucked with themselves more than enough and it took them at least a millennium to start overcoming that. So like I said, cut some people some slack.

I hate America cos it screws over the rest of the world by manipulating the WTO.
I hate Europe for chopping up the 3rd world into unsustainable entities which we now call 'nations'.
I hate Africans for being so stupid that they can't see they are over-populating their environment.
I hate the West for providing the medicines that allow so many people around the world to keep re-producing.
I hate Muslims, Christians and Jews for inventing their poisonous religions.
I hate the Chinese for forcing my wages down.
I hate the South Asians for making me feel a foreignor in my own country.
I hate my unemployed neighbour because he owns a better car than me.
I even hate myself for getting so angry about the state of the world that I hate (it).
I think I need to start hating dinosaurs because they didn't prepare for the asteroid impact.
:eusa_shifty:

I hate America cos it screws over the rest of the world by manipulating the WTO.
I hate Europe for chopping up the 3rd world into unsustainable entities which we now call 'nations'.
I hate Africans for being so stupid that they can't see they are over-populating their environment.
I hate the West for providing the medicines that allow so many people around the world to keep re-producing.
I hate Muslims, Christians and Jews for inventing their poisonous religions.
I hate the Chinese for forcing my wages down.
I hate the South Asians for making me feel a foreignor in my own country.
I hate my unemployed neighbour because he owns a better car than me.
I even hate myself for getting so angry about the state of the world that I hate (it).
I think I need to start hating dinosaurs because they didn't prepare for the asteroid impact.
:eusa_shifty:

Awesome post. It made me think.

We could use a lot more of those on this board. :thup:

I see that you don't know much neither about ancient Europe, nor Africa.
Just repeated ideolocical bullshit.

I see that you don't know much neither about ancient Europe, nor Africa.

Get your eyes checked. You don't "see" well.

Forum List

Back