Life in the Middle Ages

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
src.adapt.960.high.1395360863565.jpg

So what that he's wearing 21st Century clothes. The human waste in the streets is right out of the dark ages. I cannot imagine the reek assailing a visitor's nostrils.

The story is supposed to have a bright side in that a group of entrepreneurs is seeking way to clean up this slop.

image.img.png

And this flows into streams and rivers where people wash clothes and even drink!

Read more of this al Jazeera piece @ Nature calls: Kampala?s overflowing toilets | Al Jazeera America

:eusa_hand:

Sadly this scene could be anywhere in South America or Asia as well.

The US can sanction or declare war on any country that doesn't kiss our ass, and we send billions in subsidies to those that do, but do we do anything for the poor countries that can't meet their peoples' basic needs?

No. And there's something very wrong with that.

The US can sanction or declare war on any country that doesn't kiss our ass, and we send billions in subsidies to those that do, but do we do anything for the poor countries that can't meet their peoples' basic needs?

Really, nice opinion, all countries should kiss our ass, except when Democrat/Liberals are in charge.

Why should Grandma put her hand in my pocket to give my labor to someone in a third country hell hole that rejects Freedom.

Seems to me those people would not last one Generation if they were not meeting their needs, that they live means they met there basic needs. My money, my hard work, has been taking from me, given to them, and any way you slant it, its still Marxism, making me a slave to another.

We need a president, a congress, that cuts all aid to all countries, as well to all the people in the USA.

NO more social security, stop making me slave for you.

Really, nice opinion, all countries should kiss our ass, except when Democrat/Liberals are in charge.

Why should Grandma put her hand in my pocket to give my labor to someone in a third country hell hole that rejects Freedom.

Seems to me those people would not last one Generation if they were not meeting their needs, that they live means they met there basic needs. My money, my hard work, has been taking from me, given to them, and any way you slant it, its still Marxism, making me a slave to another.

We need a president, a congress, that cuts all aid to all countries, as well to all the people in the USA.

so Abe Lincoln was a Marxists, M'kay....He was the first president to start the income tax for federal revenue....George Washington gave the French 40k to help repress the Haitian revolution....

Last edited:
I don't understand people who live in their own filth. Ever take a gander at Egypt? Even New York has a problem with nasty streets.

I don't understand people who live in their own filth. Ever take a gander at Egypt? Even New York has a problem with nasty streets.

No, not at all, Americans can have a go at other countries because America is perfect.

homeless.si.jpg

homeless%2BUSA.jpg

Look, Muslims forced to cover their heads, oh, sorry, they're Christians so it's okay.

299708_harlem1_jpgc9e2f65ddd554ed5408a97f820a5505b

Asshole.

What's the point of this thread? That many parts of the world suck?

Great. I'm glad you're taking a stand by posting your "breakthrough" to an inconsequential internet forum.

Now you can go ahead and continue not giving a fuck. Bravo :clap2:
Some suck more than others. As with many things, it's a matter of degree.

What's the point of this thread? That many parts of the world suck?

Great. I'm glad you're taking a stand by posting your "breakthrough" to an inconsequential internet forum.

Now you can go ahead and continue not giving a fuck. Bravo :clap2:
Some suck more than others. As with many things, it's a matter of degree.

If you don't do something to better your own condition! Who will do it for you??? The guy needs to get to work!:eusa_boohoo:

No, we shouldn't get involved. We shouldn't "help" them, but instead let them help themselves.

So what that he's wearing 21st Century clothes. The human waste in the streets is right out of the dark ages. I cannot imagine the reek assailing a visitor's nostrils.

It may be shocking to realize, but human waste right out in the streets was not uncommon in Europe and America quite a long time after the end of the Dark Ages.

In 1858, Parliament could not sit in its normal session due to the unbearable stench coming off the Thames; a result of conditions that had literally been festering for centuries.

The Great Stink

Clean, efficient sewage and waste disposal is not as ancient (nor as complete) an accomplishment in the West as some might imagine. So, cut the folks dealing with a whole host of impediments to development (some traceable to Western fucking-with) a little slack. I would think that support and advice might be more productive and appropriate than opprobrium.

No, not at all, Americans can have a go at other countries because America is perfect.

Oh look, the impotent, anti-American little nobody is squeaking again. How......completely insignificant.

homeless.si.jpg

homeless%2BUSA.jpg

Look, Muslims forced to cover their heads, oh, sorry, they're Christians so it's okay.

299708_harlem1_jpgc9e2f65ddd554ed5408a97f820a5505b

these camps have become quite popular in the past 4 years

as 1/5 of Americans have fallen out of the middle class

The story is supposed to have a bright side in that a group of entrepreneurs is seeking way to clean up this slop.

image.img.png

And this flows into streams and rivers where people wash clothes and even drink!

Read more of this al Jazeera piece @ Nature calls: Kampala?s overflowing toilets | Al Jazeera America

:eusa_hand:

History's not one of your long suits...... is it.......

http://www.upress.pitt.edu/htmlSourceFiles/pdfs/9780822959830exr.pdf

http://www.ayotte.com/files/Sanitation_Revolution.pdf

Yup, it went far past the middle ages....... There are still areas in the US (extremely rare now) where home sewage is still piped into a nearby stream or creek.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back