Life in the deep

westwall

WHEN GUNS ARE BANNED ONLY THE RICH WILL HAVE GUNS
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2010
Nevada
And I mean really, really deep. The Marianas Trench to be exact. Some amazing critters down there and the abundance of them is likewise amazing...

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Yes, they are bothered by the 0.11 pH acidification (8.25 to 8.14).

Do you understand pH? I can explain it to you if you'd like. It probably doesn't come up much in either meteorology or police work.

Do you understand pH? I can explain it to you if you'd like. It probably doesn't come up much in either meteorology or police work.

Actually, no their not. Plenty of lab experiments that show all the little critters do is grow thicker shells. You have computer models that say different, but who are you going to believe? Science fiction, or actual lab results? A reasonable person will believe the lab results, but we know ALL ABOUT you warmist types...:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

Westwall, you don't have "plenty", you have a single debunked study that you cling to in pure desperation.

If the science didn't say you're delusional, you wouldn't have to rely exclusively on cherrypicking, the standard tactic of the pseudoscience devotee.

Westwall, you don't have "plenty", you have a single debunked study that you cling to in pure desperation.

If the science didn't say you're delusional, you wouldn't have to rely exclusively on cherrypicking, the standard tactic of the pseudoscience devotee.

Really? Care to show where this study (one of many BTW) has ever been refuted? Just this one will be fine. Good luck.

"Ocean acidification in response to rising atmospheric CO2 partial pressures is widely expected to reduce calcification by marine organisms. From the mid-Mesozoic, coccolithophores have been major calcium carbonate producers in the world's oceans, today accounting for about a third of the total marine CaCO3 production. Here, we present laboratory evidence that calcification and net primary production in the coccolithophore species Emiliania huxleyi are significantly increased by high CO2 partial pressures. Field evidence from the deep ocean is consistent with these laboratory conclusions, indicating that over the past 220 years there has been a 40% increase in average coccolith mass. Our findings show that coccolithophores are already responding and will probably continue to respond to rising atmospheric CO2 partial pressures, which has important implications for biogeochemical modeling of future oceans and climate.

Phytoplankton Calcification in a High-CO2 World

That's a - 0.011 negative change as reported by the Oceanic Research Laboratory. And yes I understand that acid is lower. we actually use it in police work a lot, but you being ignorant wouldn't understand that..

Really? Care to show where this study (one of many BTW) has ever been refuted? Just this one will be fine. Good luck.

Given that's the only study you have, debunking it debunks everything you have. So let's proceed with that. The debunkings, from other scientists in the field, are at these two links.

Replies to Phytoplankton Calcification in a High-CO2 World

Comment on Phytoplankton Calcification in a High-CO2 World

So, to summarize: You've got nothing, but you'll still keep repeating it forever.

Given that's the only study you have, debunking it debunks everything you have. So let's proceed with that. The debunkings, from other scientists in the field, are at these two links.

Replies to Phytoplankton Calcification in a High-CO2 World

Comment on Phytoplankton Calcification in a High-CO2 World

So, to summarize: You've got nothing, but you'll still keep repeating it forever.

So, this is your version of a rebuttal? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

"However, we strongly disagree with the suggestion by Goreau that calcification and photosynthesis are tightly coupled. Several studies have indicated that the coccolithophore calcification to photosynthesis ratio ranges from considerably less than one,"

I think you have no clue what is being discussed!

Best try again silly person, you're about as far off the plot as you can get.

Good work, Westwall. If you simply cling ferociously enough to your one debunked study, all the other mountains of evidence will magically vanish. You truly are a master of the cherrypick.

This illustrates why it's so good to be on the rational side. We're not commanded to take indefensible positions that contradict all the data.

Modern CO2 is not fucking around! It's melting the ice caps, causing whatever is on the Weather Channel at the moment and turning the oceans into hot, gastric juices

What's the pH of Mariana trench? Is it 8.11? Was it 8.25 back in 1850?

Fucking hilarious. I'm trying to find the pH of various Earth oceans and every fucking article is: OCEAN ACIDIFICATION!!!!!!

Forum List

Back