Life in the 1950's as certainly far better than the GAY world of today!

Life was safer than it is today, Kids rode their bikes to school. People left their doors unlocked and paranoia did not reign supreme

Life was safer than it is today, Kids rode their bikes to school. People left their doors unlocked and paranoia did not reign supreme
Wasn't safer

People died of all kinds of diseases. Life expectancy at 65

But different societies do things differently.

Also, are you suggesting we go with ancient morals? Haven't we developed beyond that?

Go back and you'll realize the vast majority of thise earliest societies had very similar ways of life.

I believe those ancient morals and values are the human equivalent of the instincts that exist in most other animals. They are the basis for how the human race should exist. Obviously technology has improved over the centuries but we should not allow thst to overwhelm the values we should be espousing.

If you don’t like the way things are nowadays, stick around awhile.

Things will get worse.

But different societies do things differently.

Also, are you suggesting we go with ancient morals? Haven't we developed beyond that?

Go back and you'll realize the vast majority of thise earliest societies had very similar ways of life.

I believe those ancient morals and values are the human equivalent of the instincts that exist in most other animals. They are the basis for how the human race should exist. Obviously technology has improved over the centuries but we should not allow thst to overwhelm the values we should be espousing.

Similar because they were subsistence farmers, hunters, gathers knowing a bad year would kill half of them, and having to fight to keep alive too. They believed in a kinds of things and knew more or less how to survive, but not much else.

They didn't live in cities of 8 million people. There probably weren't 8 million people on the planet, let alone in a small space. They didn't have much in the way of free time to watch TV, or play computer games either.

Many of their values were practical values, or based on basic human instinct.

But you'd probably think badly of people acting like they did. Too much killing, too many problems.

You're looking back without too much knowledge of how people acted, and looking back at it with some weird kind of nostalgia.

Similar because they were subsistence farmers, hunters, gathers knowing a bad year would kill half of them, and having to fight to keep alive too. They believed in a kinds of things and knew more or less how to survive, but not much else.

They didn't live in cities of 8 million people. There probably weren't 8 million people on the planet, let alone in a small space. They didn't have much in the way of free time to watch TV, or play computer games either.

But you'd probably think badly of people acting like they did. Too much killing, too many problems.

You're looking back without too much knowledge of how people acted, and looking back at it with some weird kind of nostalgia.

As our Society shojld be. I'm a strong believer in violence as a hallmark of Society.

As our Society shojld be. I'm a strong believer in violence as a hallmark of Society.

So, you like inflicting pain.... right.....

So you're basically touting yourself as a neanderthal.... nice. Why the hell are you using a computer, exactly? Surely you should be in some cave somewhere.

love love love

that decade....as much as I love the 1920s

Back in the day people pretended, now they don't care to pretend. That's the difference.

Back then many of the people who came here did so to get away from tbat church and the ruling class of England. They came here with the intent of founding a new Society and nation; one where morals and values were the rule, not the exception.

If you don't believe thst, just go back and look st many of the laws they put in place here in the New England colonies. You'll find a society very much interested in promoting its values by law wgen necessary.
The Puritans were theocrats who forced people to go to church and murdered or exiled to the wilderness those who did not conform.

So, you like inflicting pain.... right.....

So you're basically touting yourself as a neanderthal.... nice. Why the hell are you using a computer, exactly? Surely you should be in some cave somewhere.

I have found in my life that Pain and Fear are the only two truly useful tools to change human behavior.

I'm not a Neanderthal. I simply believe thst we need to return to a simpler and more moral way of life.

The Puritans were theocrats who forced people to go to church and murdered or exiled to the wilderness those who did not conform.

Yes they were. Other than forcing people to attend church, I am pretty much onboard with most of their viewpoints.

Yeah the 50s, other than Polio it was all sockhops and James Dean. Then the 60s and 70s happened and things were still good for good 'ol white briefs dad.

upload_2018-2-10_17-42-27.jpeg

upload_2018-2-10_17-43-8.jpeg

Forum List

Back