Life in New Zealand

Got news for ya.

We already have this problem in America.

And in the USA, the cops cannot just stop you without reasonable suspicion.

Not in theory, of course.

In fact, they do.

Got news for ya.

We already have this problem in America.

And in the USA, the cops cannot just stop you without reasonable suspicion.

Not in theory, of course.

In fact, they do.

No it's not new. But it happens more and more everyday

aren't you one of the people who tells others to shut up because they don't live here?

just sayin'

and i'm kind of looking forward to hearing what our fomer NZ cop has to say on this subject. i'm thinking it's more bogus histeria.
Yes I am but also aren't there some here in America that would like to see America be like other countries?

Just wondering Did I comdemn anything in the video?

aren't you one of the people who tells others to shut up because they don't live here?

just sayin'

and i'm kind of looking forward to hearing what our fomer NZ cop has to say on this subject. i'm thinking it's more bogus histeria.
Yes I am but also aren't there some here in America that would like to see America be like other countries?

who some??? maybe you need to stop deciding what other people think.

and if you see it as a cautionary tale, then yes, you're condemning it.

but like i said, i'll wait to see if its even reality.

just sayin'

who some??? maybe you need to stop deciding what other people think.

and if you see it as a cautionary tale, then yes, you're condemning it.

but like i said, i'll wait to see if its even reality.

So asking a question is condemning what they do in another country?

cautionary? If it can happen in another country do not be so nieve to think it can't happen here.

Why do you think this video and what happened is not real? OH thats right you don't think a police state can happen.

The person stopped is wrong. What the cop did was totally legal. He can even search the car without a warrant if he wishes under the Drugs Act, Crimes Act and Firearms Act.

That aside, note how polite the cops were - every time I see a US cop show under similar circumstances the cops are dragging people out of cars, throwing cuffs on them, pressing their heads against the ground etc.

FYI, the Daktory is a place where people smoke and grow dope. If you look carefully, you'll see a bus in front of the car with the words NORML on it. NORML stands for National Organisation for Reform on Marijuana Law. A lot of cops think marijuana should be legalised, but the politicians won't do it, and the brass upstairs get it from the Ministry of Police to enforce current laws.

Have NZ's police/justice system over US any day of the week....DNA clears man after 30 years in prison - World - NZ Herald News

"Now 51, he has spent more time wrongly imprisoned than any other DNA exoneree in Texas, which has freed 41 wrongly convicted inmates through DNA since 2001 - more than any other state.

The person stopped is wrong. What the cop did was totally legal. He can even search the car without a warrant if he wishes under the Drugs Act, Crimes Act and Firearms Act.

That aside, note how polite the cops were - every time I see a US cop show under similar circumstances the cops are dragging people out of cars, throwing cuffs on them, pressing their heads against the ground etc.

FYI, the Daktory is a place where people smoke and grow dope. If you look carefully, you'll see a bus in front of the car with the words NORML on it. NORML stands for National Organisation for Reform on Marijuana Law. A lot of cops think marijuana should be legalised, but the politicians won't do it, and the brass upstairs get it from the Ministry of Police to enforce current laws.

Have NZ's police/justice system over US any day of the week....DNA clears man after 30 years in prison - World - NZ Herald News

"Now 51, he has spent more time wrongly imprisoned than any other DNA exoneree in Texas, which has freed 41 wrongly convicted inmates through DNA since 2001 - more than any other state.

What the cop did was totally legal

OK maybe in your country it's legal to stop a person without cause but here in America that would be illegal.

OK maybe in your country it's legal to stop a person without cause but here in America that would be illegal.

Never used to be able to, but if you listen to the cop he mentions the Act for which he stopped the driver. The Act came in in 1998 (long after I left the job) and was due to a plethora of unlicensed drivers causing accidents and being caught drunk driving. Most people support the law and still do.

That aside, before the law came into being you don't think a cop could find an excuse to pull somebody over? Many times I pulled a car over saying their rear 'taillight' was out, and then 'tapped' it while they were still in the car and said "oh, it's working now. Anyway, what are you up to tonight?"...You don't think they do the same in the US?

Last edited:

Never used to be able to, but if you listen to the cop he mentions the Act for which he stopped the driver. The Act came in in 1998 (long after I left the job) and was due to a plethora of unlicensed drivers causing accidents and being caught drunk driving. Most people support the law and still do.

That aside, before the law came into being you don't think a cop could find an excuse to pull somebody over? Many times I pulled a car over saying their rear 'taillight' was out, and then 'tapped' it while they were still in the car and said "oh, it's working now. Anyway, what are you up to tonight?"...You don't think they do the same in the US?

here in mass, there are approximately 1600 reasons to pull a car over; they give the police a wirebound book listing them all.

anyone who thinks the cops can't legally pull you over for *nothing* in the states is kidding themselves, imo.

here in mass, there are approximately 1600 reasons to pull a car over; they give the police a wirebound book listing them all.

anyone who thinks the cops can't legally pull you over for *nothing* in the states is kidding themselves, imo.

Here in North Carolina a police officer must have probal cause to stop a car.

same here; that's the point. there is almost no end to the list of things that constitute probable cause for a traffic stop.

same here; that's the point. there is almost no end to the list of things that constitute probable cause for a traffic stop.

Well way back when we couldn't even use the seat beltasprobal cause to stop a person. I guess things have change since I left the force.

So, why start a thread about laws in another country if you weren't up on them?

Forum List

Back