Life beyond Earth has finally been found; or so it seems

I'm just saying that not everyone would want to live to be 120 years old.
Neither am I . i am saying, however, that we do all want to live past middle age, and the fact that we have elongated our lives can objectively be said to represent us improving our standard of living.

there is no argument to be had. Have a nice night.

Maybe, maybe not. Pretty presumptuous of you to say "we all" in any case. You don't know how people who are starving to death in Africa feel about it. You don't know anything except your own little comfort zone.
I remember this movie the guy covered his friends mouth and nose to kill him because he was dying of painful cancer. The dying man still struggled. Suddenly he didn’t want to die

Unless it is a planet that is EXACTLY like Earth and has undergone the exact same circumstances which were present to lead to the evolution of the human being, I doubt that there would be any life forms on other planets that would be human like unless the above conditions were met.

But why can't a water planet "Evolve" intelligent jellyfish who could build radio antennas and space ships?
Water and no thumbs

Amoebas didnt start with thumbs either

Unless it is a planet that is EXACTLY like Earth and has undergone the exact same circumstances which were present to lead to the evolution of the human being, I doubt that there would be any life forms on other planets that would be human like unless the above conditions were met.

But why can't a water planet "Evolve" intelligent jellyfish who could build radio antennas and space ships?
Water and no thumbs

Amoebas didnt start with thumbs either

Kepler 186f might have life. It’s one of thousands of planets we know of that might. There may be billions. Those planets are made of the same stuff we are

Kepler 62e and 62f are 1200 light years away. They have water on them

I’m watching a tv show

Fascinating news. I hope to hear more about it. Just because a form of life may exist there, doesn't mean that we could though. I highly doubt that it would be even remotely habitable for us.
I don't think that the idea is colonization, but knowledge. Should a form of life exist there, then we will gain knowledge as to the possible ways that life can come into existence.

I have a feeling that what ever life we find in this solar system will have a genetic relation to life on Earth. Lots of rocks have impacted this place.

Fascinating news. I hope to hear more about it. Just because a form of life may exist there, doesn't mean that we could though. I highly doubt that it would be even remotely habitable for us.
I don't think that the idea is colonization, but knowledge. Should a form of life exist there, then we will gain knowledge as to the possible ways that life can come into existence.

I have a feeling that what ever life we find in this solar system will have a genetic relation to life on Earth. Lots of rocks have impacted this place.
I’m watching how the universe works and they’re explaining how life existed just after the deep freeze near volcanos where water could exist. Then some creature started producing oxygen and wiped out most of the life.

It’s so obvious life will happen whenever and wherever conditions are right

I’m watching how the universe works and they’re explaining how life existed just after the deep freeze near volcanos where water could exist. Then some creature started producing oxygen and wiped out most of the life.

I agree that existing life will always find a way to adapt and thrive in any possible conditions, though I also don't mind kicking the proverbial can down the road via panspermia. The spark of life is poorly understood, but the transport/transfer of organic and/or living material is a known fact.

I agree that existing life will always find a way to adapt and thrive in any possible conditions, though I also don't mind kicking the proverbial can down the road via panspermia. The spark of life is poorly understood, but the transport/transfer of organic and/or living material is a known fact.
The show I watched last night led me to believe that the elements needed are everywhere when the conditions are right.

For life like on earth the conditions have to be really perfect but simple life probably happens a lot. If that simple life was given a chance to evolve who knows. You need millions of years to find out

Humans came from stars just like rocks but we are a way for the universe to know and be aware.

A global ocean lies beneath the icy crust of Saturn's geologically active moon Enceladus, according to new research using data from NASA's Cassini mission.

Enceladus has attracted a lot of interest because it has an active pole that spews jets of material into outer space
We need to realize this planet has a 100% chance of another mass extinction occurring sometime in the future. If we don’t find a way to live in outer space we will someday all die on this rock.

And even if we master the universe eventually even the universe will die. Every star and black hole will go out. Still that could be the difference between humans surviving for another couple million years vs trillions of years.

All I’m saying is it’d be a shame if humans die with this planet.

It’d be great if we could move planets into a stars habitable zone.

And if we could figure out a way to get to other solar systems in 5 or 20 years.

A global ocean lies beneath the icy crust of Saturn's geologically active moon Enceladus, according to new research using data from NASA's Cassini mission.
There is for sure life in there. I’d bet my home on it. If it’s got a hot core and water it’s got life

I’m watching a show about how life might exist on titan europa mars and Jupiter’s moon ancellidus

Energy liquid and chemical building blocks might exist in our solar system

Elon Musk needs to start work on an ice driller that we can fly to Titan and drill down to the ocean. I want to see some dang Titan sea monsters.

MONSTER.jpg