Lies We Can Believe In

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
I did not write the following it is an opinion piece written by someone else. I thought it was a reasonable counter to all the Romney bashing going on.

Lies We Can Believe In

Sultan Knish a blog by Daniel Greenfield

[
Words paraphrased above originally authored by Paul Simon, staunch Liberal and quite probably Jewish. Then for me, a Roman Catholic, to come across this article, authored by another Jew echoing the same thoughts as mine is startling, because I've been dead certain for several years now that if Obama loses his re election bid, he will choose not to leave, and will resist those that counsel or order him to leave with every fabric of his being.
Unfortunately for the United States Constitution, the only industry that is booming, in a sharp contrast to Obama's 2008 re election promise to take the boom and the bust out of the Capitalist business cycle and force every American business and industry into a hibernating state, is the firearms industry. S&W reported yearly earnings recently that blew the hinges off the doors and most other gun and ammunition manufacturers are reporting their entire years production spoken for also. So, if Mr Greenfield were in the frame of mind to want to purchase, say, a brand spanking new Springfield Armory 45 Cal ACP to greet the howling Liberal mob outside his door intent on lynching both him and his dog, he wouldn't be able to. At least not until after Mr Obama's coronation as King and Emperor of the United States somewhere after January 20th next. Might be a tad late for Mr Greenfield and the Constitution by then.]

"Civil disobedience is the act of breaking the law and defying the authorities to do anything about it. So is tyranny. The difference between the two lies in which side of the power equation the breaker is on. When the law is broken, two things happen. Either the law is upheld or the authorities back away from a confrontation and find some way to save face.

The ObamaCare process involved breaking a long list of rules and laws and then defying the ragged remnants of the system to do anything about it. At every turn the United States was unable to stop a rogue chief executive and his ruling party from trampling the law.

The American chief executive has a great deal of power and a chief executive who dons imperial robes is a danger with few precedents. There have been conflicts between the branches, but even FDR made a pretense of bowing to some outside authority. Obama never has, with the exception of the King of Saudi Arabia.

If he were to be impeached tomorrow, as some urge, he simply wouldn't leave. I don't know what he will do if he loses the election, simply because I don't think he knows what he will do-- I don't think the prospect of losing has seriously entered his mind. If he loses it will be a pitched battle between Valerie Jarrett and Michelle Obama on one shoulder telling him to stay and Joe Biden and whatever unfortunate soul is Chief-of-Staff at that point acting as the voices of reason telling him that it's over.

Even absolute monarchs make concessions to something outside themselves, to religion or tradition, but Obama never has. History, religion and tradition are nothing but lines that he drops into speeches in praise of himself. The American flag and the Constitution are trophies that he uses as backdrops, the same way that he uses greek columns-- these aren't things that mean anything to him. They're decorations for the sets playing the eternal movie of him.

Obama is not a politician. Politicians learn to compromise. They learn that they can't always get their way. Obama has never learned that lesson. He always gets his way. Or he did until 2010. No one has ever told him "No" and made it stick. There is no weight of life experience that tells him what to do when this happens.

Unlike many of his predecessors, Obama was never in the military. Unlike all of them, he never held anything resembling a real job that required him to do anything but show up and make speeches. Children are natural tyrants. Take a child throwing a tantrum off the playground, give him every privilege in life, leave out any real challenges, keep telling him that he's special for 50 years and he will be an actual tyrant.

No one ever thought that a man with the emotional maturity of a child, with no life experience and no principles, would occupy the White House, surrounded by sycophants and worshiped by a press that acts as an extension of the White House Press Office. It took an extensive breakdown among multiple institutions and the national culture for that to happen, and the inability to assert the rule of law is a further symptom of that breakdown.

No one is fooled, unless to some degree they want to be fooled. To believe a lie, you have to want to believe it, and that means that at some level, you know that it is a lie"

Sultan Knish a blog by Daniel Greenfield ... ve-in.html

Last edited:
What a load of garbage. It is actually recycled garbage. The liberals used to say that Bush wouldn't leave office when his time was up.

How's it feel to be as stupid as them?

What a load of garbage. It is actually recycled garbage. The liberals used to say that Bush wouldn't leave office when his time was up.

How's it feel to be as stupid as them?

Not my opinion, I think he will leave I just hope it is in November (January) for all the reasons given in the OP.

Forum List

Back