Lies just a reminder for those with memory issues

The invasion itself hasn't been funny.

What has been amusing is the amnesia democrat party man hacks have, for the fact that regime change and the WMD straw dog have been standard boilerplate for the left since at least 1998.

Why do you call them straw? Did Dubya and DICK not pitch the invasion to Congress based on WMD scare tactics? Or did I miss something?

Did the list of people I mentioned in #10 not say the same things and use the same scare tactics making the same pitch for war?

Party man hack physician, heal thyself.

did they invade and occupy the country?

The invasion itself hasn't been funny.

What has been amusing is the amnesia democrat party man hacks have, for the fact that regime change and the WMD straw dog have been standard boilerplate for the left since at least 1998.

Why do you call them straw? Did Dubya and DICK not pitch the invasion to Congress based on WMD scare tactics? Or did I miss something?

Did the list of people I mentioned in #10 not say the same things and use the same scare tactics making the same pitch for war?

I agree with you 100%. However, wasn't the LEADER of our fair country supposed to be smart enough to rise above scare tactics and not drive us into invading a sovereign nation that posed NO immediate threat to us? He had SCUD missiles for crying out loud.....what the hell did we have to fear from them?

Here's a few more lies too. Remember any of these big fat lies?

(1) I will post every bill I am about to sign into law on the internet for at least 72 hours so the American public can have full disclosure and transparency.

(2) No more business as usual.

(3) I will close Gitmo down before August.

(4) The Cambridge Police Department acted irresponsibily.

The list goes on and on.

The Bush Administration doesn't have the market cornered on telling lies.

And you consider that the equivalent of totally misjudging WMDs and starting a war over it?

Prety pathetic right wingnuts....pretty pathetic

1) Every leader in multiple countries agreed on the same intel... you want us to list all the same statements from other leaders and DEMs within our own government also??
2) The war (I suggest actually reading EVERYTHING in the resolution) was not just about WoMD.. though a lot of media focus was on precisely that
3) There were things found, but not to the extent that would satisfy the naysayers

Here's a few more lies too. Remember any of these big fat lies?

(1) I will post every bill I am about to sign into law on the internet for at least 72 hours so the American public can have full disclosure and transparency.

(2) No more business as usual.

(3) I will close Gitmo down before August.

(4) The Cambridge Police Department acted irresponsibily.

The list goes on and on.

The Bush Administration doesn't have the market cornered on telling lies.

And you consider that the equivalent of totally misjudging WMDs and starting a war over it?

1) Every leader in multiple countries agreed on the same intel... you want us to list all the same statements from other leaders and DEMs within our own government also??
2) The war (I suggest actually reading EVERYTHING in the resolution) was not just about WoMD.. though a lot of media focus was on precisely that
3) There were things found, but not to the extent that would satisfy the naysayers

Please tell me you are not going to start a "yellow cake" argument?

I agree with you 100%. However, wasn't the LEADER of our fair country supposed to be smart enough to rise above scare tactics and not drive us into invading a sovereign nation that posed NO immediate threat to us? He had SCUD missiles for crying out loud.....what the hell did we have to fear from them?
You agree that this has been a bipartisan train wreck, yet it's still somehow BOOOOOOOSH!'s fault in the end.

A-fucking-mazing. :rolleyes:

In fact, they did. Again, you fail to understand that the President cannot invade any country without the approval of the Congress.

Each and every single member of Congress was saying the same thing as the President because all the intel said it was the case.

And even though you'll never admit it, no matter how true it is, the only thing that was NOT found in Iraq was the stockpiles of WMD. The facilities, programs and research was all there. That never gets reported however because that would then put a good light on the good work that was done in Iraq in eliminating one componet in the war against Islamic global extremism.

You agree that this has been a bipartisan train wreck, yet it's still somehow BOOOOOOOSH!'s fault in the end.

I wouldn't worry about it. They lost this debate a long time ago. I like to throw in little tidbits of truth for them to seethe over just for amusement. But then, raising the blood pressure of leftists has become less and less fun and is just getting tiresome.

How is this any different than our economy and jobless claims being entirely Obama's fault?

How many dems in congress voted for the war authorization vs how many Republicans?

And more lies we forget " You are either with us or for the terrorists" GWB

Freedom fries....

Unamerican...

Last edited:

How is this any different than our economy and jobless claims being entirely Obama's fault?
You mean outside of the fact that his very first priority should have been jobs not poltical payback in the form of a spending bill, not "cap and tax", and certainly not health care?

It isn't all his fault. It is his fault for not at least attempting to do something about it as a top priority.

The vast majority of conservative posters here blame the actions performed by BOTH admins as the cause for economic troubles...

You libs somehow have calendars that stopped at December 2008...

Bush pulled the trigger.

Congress authorized Bush to use Military force in October 2002. It did not demand that he invade Iraq. In fact...

The resolution "supported" and "encouraged" diplomatic efforts by President George W. Bush to "strictly enforce through the U.N. Security Council all relevant Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq" and "obtain prompt and decisive action by the Security Council to ensure that Iraq abandons its strategy of delay, evasion, and noncompliance and promptly and strictly complies with all relevant Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq."

The resolution authorized President Bush to use the Armed Forces of the United States "as he determines to be necessary and appropriate" in order to "defend the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq; and enforce all relevant United Nations Security Council Resolutions regarding Iraq."

However, once Bush found that Hans Blix was finding no WMDs and could completely reslove the issue within months ...It was Bush and not Congress that ordered the immediate invasion in March 2003

In fact, they did. Again, you fail to understand that the President cannot invade any country without the approval of the Congress.

Each and every single member of Congress was saying the same thing as the President because all the intel said it was the case.

And even though you'll never admit it, no matter how true it is, the only thing that was NOT found in Iraq was the stockpiles of WMD. The facilities, programs and research was all there. That never gets reported however because that would then put a good light on the good work that was done in Iraq in eliminating one componet in the war against Islamic global extremism.

Hey....don't be muddying the water with facts now...you hear!!!! :rofl: :rofl:

Who cares?

Hmmmm.....Dems control Congress and the White house for the past year.....

Who occupies Iraq?:eusa_whistle:

Congress authorized Bush to use Military force in October 2002

Nothing more needs to be said.

Afraid there is

The resolution "supported" and "encouraged" diplomatic efforts by President George W. Bush to "strictly enforce through the U.N. Security Council all relevant Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq" and "obtain prompt and decisive action by the Security Council to ensure that Iraq abandons its strategy of delay, evasion, and noncompliance and promptly and strictly complies with all relevant Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq."

The resolution authorized President Bush to use the Armed Forces of the United States "as he determines to be necessary and appropriate" in order to "defend the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq; and enforce all relevant United Nations Security Council Resolutions regarding Iraq."

Congress authorized Bush to use the Armed forces at his discretion....it did not order him to do so

Bush ordered the invasion when he saw that UN diplomatic efforts were going to be successful

Hans could not have had anything resolved... the inspections were a joke since the inception.. the cease fire was violated almost immediately after implementation and that was when we should have wipes Saddam and his regime off the map (but hell.. I am still one that says we should have not caved to the pussy UN and let us finish it right when we were there the first time)

Umm Reagan and Grenada?

You mean outside of the fact that his very first priority should have been jobs not poltical payback in the form of a spending bill, not "cap and tax", and certainly not health care?

It isn't all his fault. It is his fault for not at least attempting to do something about it as a top priority.

Let me ask your opinion on this. Besides the intended use of the stimulus to create jobs, exactly WHAT concrete thing(s) can this, or any President do, to immediately create jobs in the private sector?

Please tell me you are not going to start a "yellow cake" argument?

The mere possession of it, plus older piles of chem weapons and delivery systems were in direct violation... let alone the violations when Saddam delayed the inspections...

Again.. the sonofabitch should have been taken out when we were over there the first time...

Forum List

Back