Lieberman's Speech to the RNC

Discussion in 'Congress' started by midcan5, Sep 3, 2008.

1. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,310
    Clean up Washington, put America first, work for Americans, wow, did Joe and John create a new political party! Did he actually address this to the republican national convention or was I dreaming? Maybe he missed it but they are the ones since Reagan who have helped create this mess.

There was so much irony, so many switched roles, it would be hard to list them in a way that makes them real. I thought for a second there John McCain was the celebrity Joe accused Obama of being. Lieberman praised him for being independent and then asked that Americans put into office a man who has flip flopped on every issue to gain republican support. Does that demonstrate Independence? Even Sarah Palin is a kowtow to the far right.

His praise of Clinton was rather odd and misplaced as well. Clinton did all those things in office, Clinton could have easily been accused of the same inexperience he accused Obama of when he ran for president - and was by many in the media.

Iraq was an illegal invasion based on trumped up intelligence, to call something that was wrong honorable, is to show that your moral values have no substance. The surge is another slogan, surely Iraqis are tired of death and violence but every day there is still more. Is a police state a democracy in Joe's narrow vision.

When republicans fight for working people it will be a change but their record these past years speaks itself, the rhetoric sounds good but its accomplishments: deficits, war, no energy policy, no healthcare, increased poverty, environmental spoilage, loss of jobs, and corporate control of government, do not put country first, a rather ironic slogan given McCain's flip flop on every issue. A party that disrespects the very tool that makes America great, 'Government of the people,' can hardly be trusted with governing.

America needs a new vision, a change similar to a Roosevelt, a Kennedy, a Clinton, electing McCain, a man who has pretty much sold his soul to a party demonstrates not change but more of the same.

2. manifold

manifold Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,920
    I couldn't watch. After about 30 seconds I was just too embarrased for him.

3. Ninja

Ninja Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +377
    The DNC is shaking their pitchforks and torches in furor, so I'll say it was pretty good.

"He wied, Obama weaches acwoss da aiswe" :eusa_boohoo::badgrin:

4. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,310
    What amazed me was at the end he was appealing to democrats and independents to vote for John McBush, it was one of the most bizarre political acts I have seen in recent years.

"A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote against Polar bears."

5. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    That's only because your pre-programmed brains only work one way.

Narrow minded lefty bigots aren't going to find anything they like at the RNC. Of course they won't. Why do you even bother watching?

6. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,879
    Poor Joe. He went from being the Dem VP nominee to peeing on the Dems and sucking up to the Reps in the hopes of being McCain's VP. He must really be hurting. I can't wait until after the election when the Dems can start ignoring him because he's no longer useful as a vote. Maybe he'll finally make the switch and be a Republican then. He's lost all credibility.

7. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    Poor Joe is right

He's pretty much stayed the same... it is the party, especially the leadership of the party, that has abandoned him and what they once were to be controlled by the far left...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. manifold

manifold Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,920
    Why don't you tell us what you liked at the DNC? :eusa_whistle:

9. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    I didn't watch much of it. I know better, it just makes me mad. I watched Michelle blather, and I watched Obama's comments from his sound booth, or wherever it was that he was at. I watched part of Teddy Kennedy. Obama always impresses me when I look at him. I got sick of the hyped up energy of the stupid CNN announcers. It's significantly lacking in their "coverage" of the RNC.

10. bigdaddygtr

bigdaddygtr Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +72
    She can't cause she's a fascist, nut job Conservative who probably wants Jesus taught in public schools and hates Gay people. But I'm sure she has her Mussolini pictures on the wall. And I love how we are the racists when Richard Nixon and George W Bush are/were proven to be racists.