Lieberman's Speech to the RNC

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
Clean up Washington, put America first, work for Americans, wow, did Joe and John create a new political party! Did he actually address this to the republican national convention or was I dreaming? Maybe he missed it but they are the ones since Reagan who have helped create this mess.

There was so much irony, so many switched roles, it would be hard to list them in a way that makes them real. I thought for a second there John McCain was the celebrity Joe accused Obama of being. Lieberman praised him for being independent and then asked that Americans put into office a man who has flip flopped on every issue to gain republican support. Does that demonstrate Independence? Even Sarah Palin is a kowtow to the far right.

His praise of Clinton was rather odd and misplaced as well. Clinton did all those things in office, Clinton could have easily been accused of the same inexperience he accused Obama of when he ran for president - and was by many in the media.

Iraq was an illegal invasion based on trumped up intelligence, to call something that was wrong honorable, is to show that your moral values have no substance. The surge is another slogan, surely Iraqis are tired of death and violence but every day there is still more. Is a police state a democracy in Joe's narrow vision.

When republicans fight for working people it will be a change but their record these past years speaks itself, the rhetoric sounds good but its accomplishments: deficits, war, no energy policy, no healthcare, increased poverty, environmental spoilage, loss of jobs, and corporate control of government, do not put country first, a rather ironic slogan given McCain's flip flop on every issue. A party that disrespects the very tool that makes America great, 'Government of the people,' can hardly be trusted with governing.

America needs a new vision, a change similar to a Roosevelt, a Kennedy, a Clinton, electing McCain, a man who has pretty much sold his soul to a party demonstrates not change but more of the same.

I couldn't watch. After about 30 seconds I was just too embarrased for him.

What amazed me was at the end he was appealing to democrats and independents to vote for John McBush, it was one of the most bizarre political acts I have seen in recent years.

"A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote against Polar bears."

That's only because your pre-programmed brains only work one way.

Narrow minded lefty bigots aren't going to find anything they like at the RNC. Of course they won't. Why do you even bother watching?

Poor Joe. He went from being the Dem VP nominee to peeing on the Dems and sucking up to the Reps in the hopes of being McCain's VP. He must really be hurting. I can't wait until after the election when the Dems can start ignoring him because he's no longer useful as a vote. Maybe he'll finally make the switch and be a Republican then. He's lost all credibility.

Poor Joe. He went from being the Dem VP nominee to peeing on the Dems and sucking up to the Reps in the hopes of being McCain's VP. He must really be hurting. I can't wait until after the election when the Dems can start ignoring him because he's no longer useful as a vote. Maybe he'll finally make the switch and be a Republican then. He's lost all credibility.

Poor Joe is right

He's pretty much stayed the same... it is the party, especially the leadership of the party, that has abandoned him and what they once were to be controlled by the far left...

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
That's only because your pre-programmed brains only work one way.

Narrow minded lefty bigots aren't going to find anything they like at the RNC. Of course they won't. Why do you even bother watching?

Why don't you tell us what you liked at the DNC? :eusa_whistle:

I didn't watch much of it. I know better, it just makes me mad. I watched Michelle blather, and I watched Obama's comments from his sound booth, or wherever it was that he was at. I watched part of Teddy Kennedy. Obama always impresses me when I look at him. I got sick of the hyped up energy of the stupid CNN announcers. It's significantly lacking in their "coverage" of the RNC.

Why don't you tell us what you liked at the DNC? :eusa_whistle:

She can't cause she's a fascist, nut job Conservative who probably wants Jesus taught in public schools and hates Gay people. But I'm sure she has her Mussolini pictures on the wall. And I love how we are the racists when Richard Nixon and George W Bush are/were proven to be racists.

Poor Joe is right

He's pretty much stayed the same... it is the party, especially the leadership of the party, that has abandoned him and what they once were to be controlled by the far left...
ha, the party's never been controlled by any faction. And Joe not too long ago was considered the far left. You aren't fooling me, buddy.

Clinton could have easily been accused of the same inexperience he accused Obama of when he ran for president - and was by many in the media.

Eight years as governor of a state that he turned completely around, worked for two Presidential campaigns before that, and worked for J. William Fulbright for two years before that. He had been in the political world for twenty years before he ran for President.

She can't cause she's a fascist, nut job Conservative who probably wants Jesus taught in public schools and hates Gay people. But I'm sure she has her Mussolini pictures on the wall. And I love how we are the racists when Richard Nixon and George W Bush are/were proven to be racists.

OK... you're a teacher? Ya know what... I don't believe it. I've been reading too many STUPID things you've said so far to believe you're a teacher. Not only are your comments coming from the moonbat looney left catagory, but they're DUMB as well.

George Bush a "racist?" Really?! Is that why he's appointed more blacks to positions of power in his administration than any other President in history, and also is that why he wants to all but throw the doors open on our southern border to let mexicans pour into our country?

Get a clue man. You're nothing but a partisan hack spewing moonbat, looney tunes, leftist, bull shit here.

ha, the party's never been controlled by any faction. And Joe not too long ago was considered the far left. You aren't fooling me, buddy.

Lieberman does have some liberal views... but is more centrist than the controlling elite of the DNC now.... no doubt he has been left of center, that is not news...

Eight years as governor of a state that he turned completely around, worked for two Presidential campaigns before that, and worked for J. William Fulbright for two years before that. He had been in the political world for twenty years before he ran for President.

Yeah... I never heard anything about any "inexperience" of Bill when he was running....

But these guys ARE grasping at straws

fuck joe. good riddance. Joe got a puppy pecker hardon the day john started singing about bombing iran. THAT is joe's litmus test. So, again. Fuck joe. I would have no problem if he decided to caucus with republicans.

fuck joe. good riddance. Joe got a puppy pecker hardon the day john started singing about bombing iran. THAT is joe's litmus test. So, again. Fuck joe. I would have no problem if he decided to caucus with republicans.

We only need him to be a Democrat in name so we keep the official majority. When we pick up more seats next year, we will strip the guy of any power he had. Any committee he was on, he will be booted from.

Except for his seat on foreign affairs. He represents the Jewish lobby and if we blacklist Joe, we lose their vote.

The good news is that even the Jewish community now agrees with Obama's plans. Only hardliners are in favor of stay the course.

And any jewish person voting for McCain because of Lieberman is just as dumb as any woman voting for McCain because of Palin.

Im just not one to give a fuck about the threat of ANY lobby group who wont vote unless we bomb another muslim nation. Again, fuck joe. And if the jewish lobby wants to put their zion above the interests of the Us then fuck them too.

I turned the tv on right in the middle of his speech right where he was comparing Clinton to McCain, watched for about 2 minutes and had to turn it off. What a used car salesman!

LIEberman is clearly more interested in following the Israel agenda. He's putting their country before party.

Why don't we ever talk about the Israel/NEO Con agenda and how similar our middle east policy is to what the Jewish lobbyists ask us to do. We follow their suggestions to the letter. Isn't the jewish lobby like the 2nd largest lobbyist even ahead of the NRA?

So invading Iraq was something Israel probably supported. They wanted Saddam out, just like they want Amadenijad out. Us American's want him out too. But is it worth the US treasury and thousands of American Christian lives? Well, I guess if you ask Israel, the answer is yes. What do they care? They care about their own finances and their own lives. Israeli lives.

I care about American lives and I'm sick of fighting Israel's wars. That's what LIEberman is all about.

Forum List

Back