Lieberman: "The cease-fire combined with the progress of these events is a surrender to terrorism."

rylah

Gold Member
Jun 10, 2015
From Lieberman's remarks: "As far as I'm concerned, what happened yesterday with the cease-fire combined with the process of this series is surrender to terrorism. There is no other definition, any other meaning, but submission to terrorism. I know all the intelligence about the cease-fire - all excuses. I know the data on the North East West down and up - all excuses. I fought from within, they're preventing any offensive activity by the IDF in the Gaza Strip, and Hamas terrorists were walking freely on the fence on Fridays."

"First of all, everyone has a good afternoon, I will start with a few words and I will be happy if there are any questions, I guess everyone was trying to guess what the meaning of this meeting was and I guess I guess I am here to announce my resignation from the position of defense minister of the State of Israel. Is what is happening today, the cease-fire yesterday, combined with the entire process of arrangement with Hamas - it is a surrender to terror, it has no other definition, it has no other meaning, but submission to terror.

We are buying short-term quiet at a price that is a serious blow to long-term national security, and it's no secret that there have been differences in recent months And I will only mention the issue of the introduction of Qatari fuel, I did not agree to put in Qatari fuel, I thought it was a mistake, only after that the prime minister issued a written order to open the crossings and put in the fuel.

The same takeover of a strategic location, on one road between Ma'ale Adummim and the Dead Sea, I thought we must turn and, unfortunately, in this case, too, the prime minister issued a written order and prevented the evacuation. Controversy, and despite the differences of opinion I did not look for reasons to retire. I tried to remain a loyal member of the cabinet, as much as possible, and to keep all the differences inside, even at a difficult electoral and image price.

For me, the two critical turning points I said were 'impossible,' one is the introduction of $ 15 million into the Gaza Strip for Hamas, $ 15 million in cash that went through the suitcases, and anyone who says that there is supervision or control over it, what will happen with the money after crossing the Gaza border , He is simply not precise to say the least. By the way, whoever follows, who reads Arabic and follows social networks, has to understand where this money went, $ 15 million.

Where did they go? First they went to the same families of terrorists who fought on the fence with the IDF soldiers, tried to hit them, They were the first to receive the money out of the $ 15 million, and here we are passing a bill on the one hand in the Knesset to offset terrorist money, and on the other hand we are giving terrorists money, allowing cash to be transferred to terrorists in the Gaza Strip. The second turning point is, of course, the same cease-fire, and I estimate that all 500 rockets fired into the southern part of the State of Israel, the response they gave The To say the least is not enough, inappropriate, and simply can not accept it.

I know all the excuses, all the explanations, and I know all the circumstances, all the intelligence, and always there is north and there is south and there is east and west and there is a close circle, a distant circle, above, below all excuses. In terms of the logical arrangement, in terms of security interests, we had to first finish the story of the south, it is first of all. The same slackness we have discovered, of course, also radiates to the other arenas. Had I continued to serve as Minister of Defense, I would not have been able to look in the eyes of the residents of the south, the Shaul family, the Goldin family, or the families of the two civilians who are held captive by Hamas.

"I think we had to make the whole issue of progress in the humanitarian situation in Gaza conditional on at least two things, even those who support an arrangement with Hamas, first of all to regulate the issue of prisoners and missing persons, and of course to stipulate that Hamas commits itself not to bring anyone to the Gaza border.

We would like to remind you of what happened between Thursday and Sunday: between 15:00 and 15:00, 15 million dollars were brought into the Gaza Strip. On Friday, Hamas brought 13,000 people on buses to the Gaza Strip to confront IDF soldiers. One day, a Palestinian enters the greenhouses of Netiv Ha'asara and burns them, and of course everything that happened during the last round of elections. I want to emphasize that I never stuck to the chair and always when there was a contradiction between chairs and principles - we always chose as a party of principles.

I could mention the issue of the disengagement, Yisrael Beiteinu was the only party that voted against the disengagement here in the Knesset. We had no problem in being in the opposition. We were part of the coalition in the significant positions, even before the Annapolis process, and we left. On the Shalit deal, too, it was uncomfortable to sit in front of the family and explain that I would not support the vote in the Shalit deal. I voted in the government against all this inconvenience, and it is now clear that this was the correct position. Even when I took up the post of defense minister, even on the issue of apology and reconciliation with Turkey, my position was clear against that apology, I voted against and today, in retrospect, we see how correct this position was."

Lieberman resignation address

From Lieberman's remarks: "As far as I'm concerned, what happened yesterday with the cease-fire combined with the process of this series is surrender to terrorism. There is no other definition, any other meaning, but submission to terrorism. I know all the intelligence about the cease-fire - all excuses. I know the data on the North East West down and up - all excuses. I fought from within, they're preventing any offensive activity by the IDF in the Gaza Strip, and Hamas terrorists were walking freely on the fence on Fridays."

"First of all, everyone has a good afternoon, I will start with a few words and I will be happy if there are any questions, I guess everyone was trying to guess what the meaning of this meeting was and I guess I guess I am here to announce my resignation from the position of defense minister of the State of Israel. Is what is happening today, the cease-fire yesterday, combined with the entire process of arrangement with Hamas - it is a surrender to terror, it has no other definition, it has no other meaning, but submission to terror.

We are buying short-term quiet at a price that is a serious blow to long-term national security, and it's no secret that there have been differences in recent months And I will only mention the issue of the introduction of Qatari fuel, I did not agree to put in Qatari fuel, I thought it was a mistake, only after that the prime minister issued a written order to open the crossings and put in the fuel.

The same takeover of a strategic location, on one road between Ma'ale Adummim and the Dead Sea, I thought we must turn and, unfortunately, in this case, too, the prime minister issued a written order and prevented the evacuation. Controversy, and despite the differences of opinion I did not look for reasons to retire. I tried to remain a loyal member of the cabinet, as much as possible, and to keep all the differences inside, even at a difficult electoral and image price.

For me, the two critical turning points I said were 'impossible,' one is the introduction of $ 15 million into the Gaza Strip for Hamas, $ 15 million in cash that went through the suitcases, and anyone who says that there is supervision or control over it, what will happen with the money after crossing the Gaza border , He is simply not precise to say the least. By the way, whoever follows, who reads Arabic and follows social networks, has to understand where this money went, $ 15 million.

Where did they go? First they went to the same families of terrorists who fought on the fence with the IDF soldiers, tried to hit them, They were the first to receive the money out of the $ 15 million, and here we are passing a bill on the one hand in the Knesset to offset terrorist money, and on the other hand we are giving terrorists money, allowing cash to be transferred to terrorists in the Gaza Strip. The second turning point is, of course, the same cease-fire, and I estimate that all 500 rockets fired into the southern part of the State of Israel, the response they gave The To say the least is not enough, inappropriate, and simply can not accept it.

I know all the excuses, all the explanations, and I know all the circumstances, all the intelligence, and always there is north and there is south and there is east and west and there is a close circle, a distant circle, above, below all excuses. In terms of the logical arrangement, in terms of security interests, we had to first finish the story of the south, it is first of all. The same slackness we have discovered, of course, also radiates to the other arenas. Had I continued to serve as Minister of Defense, I would not have been able to look in the eyes of the residents of the south, the Shaul family, the Goldin family, or the families of the two civilians who are held captive by Hamas.

"I think we had to make the whole issue of progress in the humanitarian situation in Gaza conditional on at least two things, even those who support an arrangement with Hamas, first of all to regulate the issue of prisoners and missing persons, and of course to stipulate that Hamas commits itself not to bring anyone to the Gaza border.

We would like to remind you of what happened between Thursday and Sunday: between 15:00 and 15:00, 15 million dollars were brought into the Gaza Strip. On Friday, Hamas brought 13,000 people on buses to the Gaza Strip to confront IDF soldiers. One day, a Palestinian enters the greenhouses of Netiv Ha'asara and burns them, and of course everything that happened during the last round of elections. I want to emphasize that I never stuck to the chair and always when there was a contradiction between chairs and principles - we always chose as a party of principles.

I could mention the issue of the disengagement, Yisrael Beiteinu was the only party that voted against the disengagement here in the Knesset. We had no problem in being in the opposition. We were part of the coalition in the significant positions, even before the Annapolis process, and we left. On the Shalit deal, too, it was uncomfortable to sit in front of the family and explain that I would not support the vote in the Shalit deal. I voted in the government against all this inconvenience, and it is now clear that this was the correct position. Even when I took up the post of defense minister, even on the issue of apology and reconciliation with Turkey, my position was clear against that apology, I voted against and today, in retrospect, we see how correct this position was."

Don't let the door hit you on the ass...

So, peace is giving in to terrorism?

In the UK they "gave into terrorism" with the Good Friday agreement, and terrorism was much reduced.

In the UK they "gave into terrorism" with the Good Friday agreement, and terrorism was much reduced.

And here comes Spain with another friendly proposition to divide Madrid with the Caliphate.

Half-Way-590-LI.jpg

And here comes Spain with another friendly proposition to divide Madrid with the Caliphate.

Oh fuck off with your tripping shit.

Oh fuck off with your tripping shit.

Would You suggest Spain sign "Good Friday" agreement with ISIS?
Hamas and other Jihadis are no different.

Last edited:
He should not have resigned, but he's right, no negotiation with Islamic terrorist animals. There is only one language they understand.

He should not have resigned, but he's right, no negotiation with Islamic terrorist animals. There is only one language they understand.

I think at the moment we can't make a clear distinction of the effect of the recent moves.

Forum List

Back