Lieberman Reveals True Colors on Health Care: It's About Revenge

Polk

Classic
Aug 25, 2009
Ost
So Lieberman is now opposing the health care bill, even after changes were made to bring it closer in line with his position:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/14/health/policy/14health.html?_r=1

And guess what? For all the claims by Lieberman now that the Medicare buy-in is so crazy and radically left-wing, he ran for Vice President on a platform which proposed exactly this idea. So maybe his views have changed in the last eight years, you could say. That could be possible, except for that fact that he was touting this very idea three months ago.

Lieberman Endorsed Medicare Buy-In In September | The New Republic

Face it. Lieberman isn't interested in a better bill. He's throwing a little fit because he lost the primary in 2006 due to grassroots opposition from the left and he feels this is his best chance to get revenge.

So Lieberman is now opposing the health care bill, even after changes were made to bring it closer in line with his position:

And guess what? For all the claims by Lieberman now that the Medicare buy-in is so crazy and radically left-wing, he ran for Vice President on a platform which proposed exactly this idea. So maybe his views have changed in the last eight years, you could say. That could be possible, except for that fact that he was touting this very idea three months ago.

Face it. Lieberman isn't interested in a better bill. He's throwing a little fit because he lost the primary in 2006 due to grassroots opposition from the left and he feels this is his best chance to get revenge.

yeah, when i think grass roots, i think ned "thanks, j.p. morgan!" lamont.

the roots must not have been very deep, because lieberman surely kicked his ass in the general election.
:rofl:

Lieberman is an opportunist. He's smart but it's all about him. I hope they do get some moderate Republicans for healthcare just to shut him up for awhile.

He's such an attention whore.

Lieberman is an opportunist. He's smart but it's all about him. I hope they do get some moderate Republicans for healthcare just to shut him up for awhile.

and that's just so unusual for a politician, isn't it?

kissyface-bitter1.jjg.jpg

His days are numbered anyways.....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMOeBTHbTUs[/ame]

Louisianna got $300m. for a vote. Why shouldn't Conneticut get greased? I'll tell you why, they are both wrong.

connecticut will reelect him until he gets sick of running, but you keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

uh based on your Telepathic poll or from your door to door polling?

based on the way he kicked lamont's ass up one side of connecticut and down the other in 2006, despite the big dem wins nationwide and despite the DNC targeting lieberman.

the dems should worry about holding on to chris "what special deal on my mortgage?" dodd's seat more than trying to unseat lieberman.

To go to the levels he's gone it is unusual. Supporting McCain should have got him kicked out of the Democratic caucus.

I haven't liked him since he tried to be so cute during his debate with Cheney. Whoever told him he could get through that night trying to be funny was way off.

I don't think Ct will continue reelecting him forever, once Reid gets his head out of his butt and strips the guy of committee, it will render him useless. He should have done it already.

To go to the levels he's gone it is unusual. Supporting McCain should have got him kicked out of the Democratic caucus.

I haven't liked him since he tried to be so cute during his debate with Cheney. Whoever told him he could get through that night trying to be funny was way off.

I don't think Ct will continue reelecting him forever, once Reid gets his head out of his butt and strips the guy of committee, it will render him useless. He should have done it already.

so you blame lieberman because the democrats don't have the balls to toss him out? interesting take.

what exactly are the odds of reid ever getting his head out of his ass?

winning the lottery strikes me as statistically more likely.

Like Reed's gonna do that. He's smart enough to know he can't afford to piss off the Conn constituency.

so you blame lieberman because the democrats don't have the balls to toss him out? interesting take.

what exactly are the odds of reid ever getting his head out of his ass?

winning the lottery strikes me as statistically more likely.

I didn't say that Del. I blame Reid for not forcing him out last November. He can vote however he wants as an Inde but to chair a comittee when Democrats can never trust him to vote with them is dumb.

connecticut will reelect him until he gets sick of running, but you keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

uh based on your Telepathic poll or from your door to door polling?

based on the way he kicked lamont's ass up one side of connecticut and down the other in 2006, despite the big dem wins nationwide and despite the DNC targeting lieberman.

the dems should worry about holding on to chris "what special deal on my mortgage?" dodd's seat more than trying to unseat lieberman.

true dat. but if the Dems run someone better or even worse for Joe if the Repubs run someone who is actually fiscally conservative he's finnished.

Is Dodd really in that much trouble?

You know, if this country was smart enough to demand term limits on politicians, Liberman and all of the other deadbeats would be gone after their maximum terms allowed. What we need is fresh blood and new ideas in Congress. We don't need the people who have been there for so long that they have become political strongholds in their own right. We elect them to serve us. We don't elect them to serve them. After awhile these people forget who they really answer to. Case in point, Nancy Pelosi, Barbara Boxer, Harry Reid and the list goes on and on.

Like Reed's gonna do that. He's smart enough to know he can't afford to piss off the Conn constituency.

Why do Democrats need him if he never votes with them?

His constituents have got to be unhappy with him, he isn't working for them, he's working for big insurance.

And that's because he is faithfully representing the interests of the people who elected him. Just as Joe Biden voted for a bankruptcy bill that was wildly unpopular with Democrats because the banking industry is so important to Delaware's economy, Lieberman will vote against any government plan because the insurance industry is so important to Connecticut's economy. A further incentive is, of course, since the left wing of the Party will try to unseat him again in 2012 regardless of how he votes, he will have to appeal to the more moderate voters who voted elected him in 2006 and who are more likely to oppose any kind of public plan, including the ridiculous Medicare buy in, to keep his seat.

Why do Democrats need him if he never votes with them?

His constituents have got to be unhappy with him, he isn't working for them, he's working for big insurance.

What do the popularity polls say about that in Conn? Besides he does vote with the Dems more often than you might think, check out his voting record.
If you are herding a bunch of cats don't you need help from those that feed them? Remove his committee seats, sit back and watch the back lash from Connecticut voters, it wouldn't be pretty.

Forum List

Back