Lieberman Petition

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
Reid told Lieberman that he had to step down from his position as chair of the Homeland Security Committee if he remained in the Democratic Caucus. Lieberman did not accept this offer, which means that his only redress is to go around Reid and petition the Senate Democratic Steering and Outreach Committee to keep his seat.

Lieberman Meets With Reid, Tries To Cling To Senate Chairmanship

We've watched for years as Joe called war opponents traitors, lied about wanting to bring the troops home to get elected, stabbed Democrats in the back and did everything he could to keep Barack Obama out of the White House. Lieberman laundered smears that even McCain wasn't willing to launch himself.

No way.

Make no mistake about it -- Lieberman was openly threatening the Democratic Caucus in his press conference today.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvTXn7wm-60]YouTube - Lieberman Presser[/ame]

Enough is enough.

Please sign the petition to the Steering and Outreach Committee, telling them it's time for Joe to go.

Firedoglake - Firedoglake weblog

lol, guy goes with the dems on every fucking issue, but he stands up for what he believes in on one and only issue national security and you guys throw him out.

what a waste of life Reid is

also, if Reid had 60 seats he wouldn't be doing tis either. I really hope the guy gets hit by a bus or something

After giving this issue some thought, it has occured to me that Joe is a sitting United States Senator and as such is entitled to all the respect due the office in which he holds. If his fellow Senator Harry Reid does not wish to give it to him and publicly scolds him like some bad schoolboy , then Joe should show Mr. Reid the respect he deserves for that action which is none. The fact is that Joe has been a loyal member of the Democratic Caucus for many years and because he didn't support the choosen one he is being subjected to disrespect both him and and the office in which he holds. This is not only a insult to the the Senator himself but to the good people of the state of Conn. that elected him in spite of being abandoned by his party in the 2006 election. Senator Joe supported a long time friend and fellow member of the Senate in this last election which showed his loyality to a friend and put that above party a lesson many in congress still need to learn. In this case the Senator owe's Harry Reid not one thing and once again Harry Reid has disrespected himself and the office he holds, the people of Nevada and the United States Senate over this highly partisan move.

Gee I guess a real bipartisan pol isn't welcome in a Dimocratic world.

Is bipartisan pol a republican term for traitor?

He wanted Republicans to be in the majority and he wanted a republican president to keep the war going. He actually campaigned against us all across the country. He tried to win over the Jewish vote for the Republicans.

He can't run as a Democrat again in his state.

Why is he so ready to jump to the other side? It is all about one issue, IRAQ. So what is it about Lieberman that makes him think differently than the rest of us Democrats? When you figure that out, then you realize he isn't representing the citizens of his state. Unless you mean the state of Israel.

After giving this issue some thought, it has occured to me that Joe is a sitting United States Senator and as such is entitled to all the respect due the office in which he holds. If his fellow Senator Harry Reid does not wish to give it to him and publicly scolds him like some bad schoolboy , then Joe should show Mr. Reid the respect he deserves for that action which is none. The fact is that Joe has been a loyal member of the Democratic Caucus for many years and because he didn't support the choosen one he is being subjected to disrespect both him and and the office in which he holds. This is not only a insult to the the Senator himself but to the good people of the state of Conn. that elected him in spite of being abandoned by his party in the 2006 election. Senator Joe supported a long time friend and fellow member of the Senate in this last election which showed his loyality to a friend and put that above party a lesson many in congress still need to learn. In this case the Senator owe's Harry Reid not one thing and once again Harry Reid has disrespected himself and the office he holds, the people of Nevada and the United States Senate over this highly partisan move.

Very well said*

He wanted Republicans to be in the majority and he wanted a republican president to keep the war going. He actually campaigned against us all across the country. He tried to win over the Jewish vote for the Republicans.

Why is he so ready to jump to the other side? It is all about one issue, IRAQ. So what is it about Lieberman that makes him think differently than the rest of us Democrats? When you figure that out, then you realize he isn't representing the citizens of his state. Unless you mean the state of Israel.
''

libermen is one of the true blue old school dems left in the party. Sorry he thinks we should have a strong national defense

Time to punish all who don't assimilate, eh?

Very well said*

If this were a Republican, the GOP would have taken him out back and whipped his ass.

He is DONE in the Democratic party.

And it's not strong on national defense. Iraq didn't make us strong, doesn't make us LOOK strong, doesn't make us stronger.

This is Lieberman's number one constituent.

Sheldon Adelson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And I don't think Mr. Adelson lives in Connecticut.

Lieberman is a Senator from Connecticut. He won because the Republicans in Connecticut voted for him. He should run as a Republican next time.

If this were a Republican, the GOP would have taken him out back and whipped his ass.

He is DONE in the Democratic party.

And it's not strong on national defense. Iraq didn't make us strong, doesn't make us LOOK strong, doesn't make us stronger.

This is Lieberman's number one constituent.

Sheldon Adelson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And I don't think Mr. Adelson lives in Connecticut.

Lieberman is a Senator from Connecticut. He won because the Republicans in Connecticut voted for him. He should run as a Republican next time.

Bullsh*t, they didn't take McCain out back and whip his ass...they made him their Presidential nominee.

The party of acceptance and tolerance is not very tolerant or accepting...

Lieberman votes very DEM most of the time.... but has a strong, old school belief on national security and the military... and the extreme liberal whackos like Reid want to excommunicate him... and idiots like bobo the clown defend this action...

pitiful

Moderates like Lieberman should be praised... I may not agree with a lot of his stances, but he is truly a person looking across the spectrum and not just hard-line party politics...

http://www.ontheissues.org/Joseph_Lieberman.htm

Last edited:

Reid is like a cancer in the Senate championed only by Pelosi herself. If I had an opportunity to oust anybody, he'd be second on my list - right behind Pelosi.

My concern with Liberman is: Which candidate did his constituents, the people he represents, want him to support? That’s the real question and one which I can’t answer because I know little about Connecticut. However, I know this much: If his constituents wanted him to back Obama and he backed McCain for personal reasons, I’d have to agree; it’s time for him to go.

The fact is, it’s time for all of our elected officials to start behaving the way WE, the people who elected them, want them to behave.

On November 7, Lieberman won re-election with 50% of the vote. Lamont garnered 40% of ballots cast and Schlesinger won 10%.[116] Lieberman received support from 33% of Democrats, 54% of Independents, and 70% of Republicans.

Following the election, Lieberman struck a deal with Democratic leadership allowing him to keep his seniority and chairmanship of the Governmental Affairs Committee. In return, he agreed to vote with the Democrats on all procedural matters unless he asked permission of Majority Whip Richard Durbin.[citation needed] He is free to vote as he pleases on policy matters.[citation needed] Along with Bernie Sanders, Lieberman's caucusing with the Democrats gave them a 51-49 majority in the Senate, leaving a slim one Senator majority to control the Senate in the 110th Congress.

On August 9, 2006, Hillary Clinton affirmed her pledge to support the primary winner, saying "voters of Connecticut have made their decision and I think that decision should be respected",[106] and Howard Dean called for Lieberman to quit the race, saying he was being "disrespectful of Democrats and disrespectful of the Democratic Party"

Joe Lieberman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The fact is that Joe Lieberman won Conn. with bi-partisan support from all parties. When he ran against Lamont Howard Dean expected him to just up and disappear and when he didn't Howard Dean in the spirit of bi-partisanship basically started this ball rolling which as you see Harry Reid has picked up. The fact is that Joe Lieberman is the Senator from Conn. and is supported by more democrats, republicans, and independants than just about any Senator in Washington. Not many Senators can make that same claim. I will repeat Harry Reid once again has shown a complete lack of respect for the Senate and the office he holds and has once more placed partisan politics over the ethics of the Senate.

Bullsh*t, they didn't take McCain out back and whip his ass...they made him their Presidential nominee.

Because he was the only one who stood a chance.

And your dumb hard right wingers made him kiss their ass and it turned off the independents. :clap2:

But you guys will just stick to talking about less taxes and fiscal responsibility and all will be forgiven in 2 years.

Gee I guess a real bipartisan pol isn't welcome in a Dimocratic world.

yep it's only lip service when they say we need to work together,, it really translates to "our way or the highway!" they just think they fool somebody which is why I don't have a problem in the world not supporting their brockman.

On November 7, Lieberman won re-election with 50% of the vote. Lamont garnered 40% of ballots cast and Schlesinger won 10%.[116] Lieberman received support from 33% of Democrats, 54% of Independents, and 70% of Republicans.

Following the election, Lieberman struck a deal with Democratic leadership allowing him to keep his seniority and chairmanship of the Governmental Affairs Committee. In return, he agreed to vote with the Democrats on all procedural matters unless he asked permission of Majority Whip Richard Durbin.[citation needed] He is free to vote as he pleases on policy matters.[citation needed] Along with Bernie Sanders, Lieberman's caucusing with the Democrats gave them a 51-49 majority in the Senate, leaving a slim one Senator majority to control the Senate in the 110th Congress.

On August 9, 2006, Hillary Clinton affirmed her pledge to support the primary winner, saying "voters of Connecticut have made their decision and I think that decision should be respected",[106] and Howard Dean called for Lieberman to quit the race, saying he was being "disrespectful of Democrats and disrespectful of the Democratic Party"

Joe Lieberman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The fact is that Joe Lieberman won Conn. with bi-partisan support from all parties. When he ran against Lamont Howard Dean expected him to just up and disappear and when he didn't Howard Dean in the spirit of bi-partisanship basically started this ball rolling which as you see Harry Reid has picked up. The fact is that Joe Lieberman is the Senator from Conn. and is supported by more democrats, republicans, and independants than just about any Senator in Washington. Not many Senators can make that same claim. I will repeat Harry Reid once again has shown a complete lack of respect for the Senate and the office he holds and has once more placed partisan politics over the ethics of the Senate.

Wow! Maybe McCain should have picked Lieberman.

A lot of good he did Gore.

Time to punish all who don't assimilate, eh?

yep I signed the petition, accomplishes too things the Dems get their way and maybe Joe will cross over. They've shoved him out twice now so theire is no reason whatsoever for him to hang with them.. Come on over Joe.

yep it's only lip service when they say we need to work together,, it really translates to "our way or the highway!" they just think they fool somebody which is why I don't have a problem in the world not supporting their brockman.

Oh we'll work with you, on solving problems. Not carrying on ideological wars that only neo con's and Israeli's want.

We'll work with you on how we get out of the mess the GOP got us in. One mess is Iraq. And no we can't just up and leave.

We can work with you on ending the fact that WE are paying for Iraq reconstruction. Why are WE paying?

I'll tell you why.

The oil goes to Iraq and some of it goes to the oil companies. If the oil pays for reconstruction or security, then that would mean less profit for the rich in America and Iraq.

So they keep funding the venture with American tax payers dollars. That's over with. And no Republican would discuss this for the last 6 years. Mother fuckers.

Socialize the losses and privatize the profits.

No bid buddy defense contracts.

Haloburton and Blackwater got rich, so did Chaney. Then moved their HQ's to Dubai??

It must all be too much for your tiny brains to put together.

''

libermen is one of the true blue old school dems left in the party. Sorry he thinks we should have a strong national defense

Are you for real on this one? You think Democrats don't want a strong national defense?

Be real.

Forum List

Back