Lieberman-Kyl’s Iran amendment passes.

DiogenesDog

Zen Bonobo
May 1, 2006
Wady-Peytona Sector
BREAKING: Lieberman-Kyl’s Iran amendment passes.

By a vote of 76-22, the Senate passed the Lieberman-Kyl amendment, which threatens to “combat, contain and [stop]” Iran via “military instruments.” Sen. Jim Webb (D-VA) called the amendment “Cheney’s fondest pipe dream” and said it could “read as a backdoor method of gaining Congressional validation for military action.”

Continue here.

What are the points for sanity and for insanity to be found in the amendment? This is a stuffed turkey that has been flavored with minced lagniappe and is pay back or pay up as is usual with political punts of this stripe.

This is a bit like going to the street party and having a little flag painted on your cheek.
This is obvious for those here with academic or congressional experience first hand. Some have commented that it is a middle of the road act . . . psshaw. It ain't so. It is anal smooch at its worst.

That is the way I see it. Howsbyou?

I Am

Preparing -now- for a possible future military action against Iran seems perfectly reasonable. Certainly, the military preperations are far ahead of the political preperations.

And... for the "for the Jews" crowd... preventing a nuclear exchange between Iran and Israel - by whatever means possible - is in everyone's direct national interest. Everyone's.

How is acting like Isreals big brother in AMERICAS national interest again?

Perhaps you can explain it without assuming everyone hates jews.

preventing a nuclear exchange between Iran and Israel - by whatever means possible - is in everyone's direct national interest. Everyone's.

Cool. I propose we stick your butt in the middle of it.

You did say "by whatever means possible," after all...

I think if the two most dangerous nations on earth were both wiped out overnight, life would get better.

Atthis point the two most dangerous Nations on earth are Israel and the US.--- bar none.

Then what are you doing living here in America?

Get yer ass a goin' to france or something since you think this country is so damned dangerous.... dumbass mother fucker.

Atthis point the two most dangerous Nations on earth are Israel and the US.--- bar none.

Actually, maybe I should amend this to say that the most dangerous nation on Earth is the JEWISH PEOPLE, whether they'e manipulating OUR government, European governments, or their own in Israel. If you add the communism that THEY created, you have the bloodthirstiest tribe of human history. Hitler is a piker by comparison.

Jews like to parade as this tiny, pitiful minority of a few clever scholars who are always shoved around by nasty Romans, big bad Arabs and dumb violent Nazis -- the perpetual victim. But the truth is that they are an entrenched, powerful and AGGRESSIVE group.

I'm sure Ms. Jillian will try to refute me. But I say: NO HUMAN GROUP SURVIVES THREE THOUSAND YEARS WITHOUT A FEW TRICKS UP ITS SLEEVE... tricks played on the likes of YOU, white man!

And... for the "for the Jews" crowd... preventing a nuclear exchange between Iran and Israel - by whatever means possible - is in everyone's direct national interest. Everyone's.

By using nukes ourselves??

The logic there is ridiculous. Let's DEFINITELY nuke them before they MAYBE nuke us in 10 or more years?

Sounds like the point in time where full-out nuclear world war wouldn't be far behind. Once again a nuclear weapon is used against a real foreign target, and once again it is the United States using it.

And for the people here who just don't quite GET IT...China and Russia are going to have a serious problem with us threatening and/or disabling Iran's economic abilities. And the U.S., particularly the Bush administration, doesn't much care for China and Russia either, so the potential backlash from those 2 countries as a result of military action in Iran doesn't even faze the neo-cons.

Iran is a country that has NEVER attacked another nation...why is there ANY reason to believe they ever would, besides the propaganda that the US media spouts about them supposedly being so "hostile"?

The only thing they have to go on is a mis-interpreted quote by Ahmadinejad, and a completely LEGAL nuclear energy program that may or may not be for weapons purposes. There's no reason why our intelligence community can't keep track of that covertly, without having to resort to pre-emptive nuclear attacks.

The idea that Iran can be ignored might sound nice, but its not reality.

We have to find a way to defeat Iran. Hopefully we can do it without military force. The fact that Ahmadinejad wants to bring about the Apocolypse should have every thinking and compassionate person concerned.

When people start using the word APOCALYPSE in a thread about nuking arab states...

Forum List

Back