Lieberman: "I've been off my meds for years"

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Andy Borowitz: Lieberman Calls Prescription Plan Unnecessary; "I've Been Off My Meds For Years"

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report) - Sounding a sour note in the aftermath of the Senate's passage of the health care reform bill, Connecticut Sen. Joseph Lieberman said today that the prescription plan in the bill was unnecessary, noting, "I've been off my meds for years."

Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev) took Mr. Lieberman's comments in stride, saying only that they "explained a lot."

Sen. Reid said that he had noticed "erratic behavior" from Mr. Lieberman in recent days, such as showing up for the historic health care vote wearing a green Grinch costume. More here.

Is this the same Reid who initially voted no on the legislation? That would explain a lot

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Andy Borowitz: Lieberman Calls Prescription Plan Unnecessary; "I've Been Off My Meds For Years"

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report) - Sounding a sour note in the aftermath of the Senate's passage of the health care reform bill, Connecticut Sen. Joseph Lieberman said today that the prescription plan in the bill was unnecessary, noting, "I've been off my meds for years."

Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev) took Mr. Lieberman's comments in stride, saying only that they "explained a lot."

Sen. Reid said that he had noticed "erratic behavior" from Mr. Lieberman in recent days, such as showing up for the historic health care vote wearing a green Grinch costume. More here.

Blog...and absolute crap.
Andy Borowitz (born January 4, 1958) is a comedian and satirist who won the first National Press Club award for humor, and is known for creating the satirical website, the Borowitz Report.
Only the sewer-dwellers at HuffPo would attempt to pass this off as a news article.

It's Political Junk.

Is honesty totally foreign to you?

YodaConservative.gif

Last edited:

That's the damn truth, isn't it????

And you wouldn't imagine this same man was the Democratic Party nominee for Vice President just 5 years ago. You would think he was Dick Cheney's right hand man or something. Liberal tolerance--give me a break.

And you wouldn't imagine this same man was the Democratic Party nominee for Vice President just 5 years ago. You would think he was Dick Cheney's right hand man or something. Liberal tolerance--give me a break.

Things change. Situations change. People change. So as far as I'm concerned, JL might as well have been Cheney's right hand man for the last few years. And it has nothing to do with tolerance and more to do with acceptance.

From what I see, it's conservatives that have a problem with both.

Things change. Situations change. People change. So as far as I'm concerned, JL might as well have been Cheney's right hand man for the last few years. And it has nothing to do with tolerance and more to do with acceptance.

Lieberman hasn't changed. He holds the same views he always has. But because he decided that protecting America and pursuing war was more important than kow towing to radical Democratic Party interests he had to be destroyed. This is the result.

Lieberman hasn't changed. He holds the same views he always has. But because he decided that protecting America and pursuing war was more important than kow towing to radical Democratic Party interests he had to be destroyed. This is the result.

Yeah, okay. :lol:

Blog...and absolute crap.
Andy Borowitz (born January 4, 1958) is a comedian and satirist who won the first National Press Club award for humor, and is known for creating the satirical website, the Borowitz Report.
Only the sewer-dwellers at HuffPo would attempt to pass this off as a news article.

It's Political Junk.

Is honesty totally foreign to you?

YodaConservative.gif

You don't have much of a sense of humor, do you?
Its pretty clearly a joke.

Democrats will never get over it that after they tried to kick him under the bus he turned around and cleaned their clock. Doesn't matter that he still votes with them most of the time. To me he is just another fossil in Washington and needs to be replaced, preferably with a fiscal conservative.

Lieberman had the nerve to support US troops over teh Iraqi Insurgents and so the Dems had to try to get rid of him

Forum List

Back