Lieberman endorses BROWN!! ??

Navy1960

Sep 4, 2008
Arizona
Hartford, CT- Joe Lieberman may be close to announcing his suppport for Massachusetts Senate Candidate Scott Brown. Citing the historical Healthcare Reform Bill as the main issue attracting Lieberman to endorse Brown's Campaign. Scott Brown is vehemently opposed to the proposed Healthcare Legislation.

Joe Lieberman Endorsement Scott Brown Latest Polls Show Widening Lead | Before It's News

This one while interesting, I really don't understaned , if Sen. Leiberman is really doing this then why would he vote for the bill in the first place. While I would like to see a Brown win in this thing, I am going to remain hopeful. Thoughts on this?

Surprise???

2008+Republican+National+Convention+Day+2+CePk0jHTG3Ml.jpg

McCain+lieberman+graham+convention.JPG

Hartford, CT- Joe Lieberman may be close to announcing his suppport for Massachusetts Senate Candidate Scott Brown. Citing the historical Healthcare Reform Bill as the main issue attracting Lieberman to endorse Brown's Campaign. Scott Brown is vehemently opposed to the proposed Healthcare Legislation.

Joe Lieberman Endorsement Scott Brown Latest Polls Show Widening Lead | Before It's News

This one while interesting, I really don't understaned , if Sen. Leiberman is really doing this then why would he vote for the bill in the first place. While I would like to see a Brown win in this thing, I am going to remain hopeful. Thoughts on this?

I think if he were going to endorse him, he would have done it already. He likes to manipulate these things for all the face time mileage he can get.

I just find it a bit strange though, not that I would think it a bad thing as a Republican mind you, but if Lieberman was such an opponent of the healthcare bill as the article would have you believe then having Borwn in the Senate would be just one more no vote. I am aware of his support for McCain, but am more of the opinion that has to do with a long term friendship rather than seeing eye to eye on policy.

Joe is too gutless to vote against the bill, but he knows Brown won't be.

I kind of get the impression that Joe is looking to have his cake and eat it too sort of thing, and by supporting Brown he gets someone who will vote against the bill so he won't be the center of attention on this.

Very surprised, but must say... Elections have consequences now don't they?

Apparently ole Joe bears a little resentment towards his former party.

As a matter of fact, how many believe that his endorsement is going to rally many to the Brown camp that were not already there? It does appear sort of a move on his part to get into the middle of this race in some way or the other. Based on his election track record, though, if I were the Brown campaign , I would say, "thank for the endorsement, now leave"

Very surprised, but must say... Elections have consequences now don't they?

Apparently ole Joe bears a little resentment towards his former party.

Fitz, I am too really, and agree but if he was that mad at the Dems. and this healthcare bill was that important to him why would he cherish his Chairmanship more than the bill? If he is, it says a lot about his character doesn't it?

Last edited:
Hartford, Connecticut

Nicknamed the "Insurance Capital of the World", Hartford houses many of the world's insurance company headquarters, and insurance remains the region's major industry.

The Senator From Aetna...

3946143445_cd5d123caa.jpg

Forum List

Back