Lieberman could lose chairmanship, Democrats warn

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
Sour grapes?

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sen. Joe Lieberman's speech before the Republican National Convention on Tuesday night could cost him the chairmanship of a key Senate committee, a top Senate Democratic aide told CNN.

During the speech, the Connecticut senator praised GOP presidential candidate Sen. John McCain and criticized Democratic nominee Sen. Barack Obama.

"The Democratic Caucus will reassess the situation with Sen. Lieberman after the election," Jim Manley, a spokesman for Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, said Wednesday.

Lieberman, the Democratic nominee for vice president in 2000, now calls himself an "independent Democrat," but he remains a member of the Senate Democratic Caucus, which allows him to head the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee.

Democrats have grumbled for months about Lieberman's outspoken support of McCain, and both Reid and Obama have warned Lieberman to curb his public criticism of Obama.

Lieberman could lose chairmanship, Democrats warn - CNN.com

How many Republicans endorse Democrats? That should tell you something.

right.. because the repubs would pull their funding next time they ran in an election and pull their committee chairmanships... amazing how that works, eh? Oh right... and they get called RINO's if they're even close to moderate. Almost forgot about that one. Don't hear much from Arlen Spector or Chuck Hegl or Lincoln Chafee anymore, do you?

right.. because the repubs would pull their funding next time they ran in an election and pull their committee chairmanships... amazing how that works, eh? Oh right... and they get called RINO's if they're even close to moderate. Almost forgot about that one. Don't hear much from Arlen Spector or Chuck Hegl or Lincoln Chafee anymore, do you?

touche, you got me, but McCain was once refered to as a RINO

Joe serves as chairman in Seante committees at the pleasure of the Demcorats who vote him into those positions.

If he loses that support, and cannot get enough support from the Republicans, yes, he can lose those powerful positions.

He knows what he's doing.

It is his right to take that risk if he chooses.

because he used to be a moderate..... and he knew the nutters were "agents of intolerance"...

His ambition got the best of him, unfortunately. He'd have had my vote if he were the same person he was in 2000.

"nutters" would include the entire Democratic party, so what's your point? The term Liberal" nowadays is a misnomer. Y'all are only tolerant of those who agree with you. Your comment amounts to the pot calling the kettle black.

At least teh extremists on the right are a minority and contained as opposed to comprising the entire Democratic party.

"nutters" would include the entire Democratic party, so what's your point? The term Liberal" nowadays is a misnomer. Y'all are only tolerant of those who agree with you. Your comment amounts to the pot calling the kettle black.

At least teh extremists on the right are a minority and contained as opposed to comprising the entire Democratic party.

Really? If this board is any indication of what typical liberals and conservatives are like, your statement is somewhat suspect, Gun.

Are you honestly going to try to tell me that the level of nastiness and malice on this board coming from liberals exceeds that of the so-called conservatives?

I mean, really?

:lol:

you're right the Republicans and conservatives in general are SO tolerant of those they disagree with

bombing abortions clinics,

killing doctors

bashing gays

smearing people against war

the difference being, the conservatives use God as an excuse for their intolerance and hatred. Dems and libs use common sense.

fuck joe. let him remain a republican lapdog as long as they promise to bomb the shit out of iran FOR THE SAKE OF ISRAEL.

I betcha joe gets Rummy's seat if john wins this election. I can see it now.. "Israel, right or wrong... because Lieberman has secured the US military to make it so"

Forum List

Back