Lie by Lie: A Timeline of How We Got Into Iraq

Yes looking in the mirror would do that. The next thing you will tell us is you are really male.

Naw, I'm still busy laughing at you admitting to your pettiness. Maybe later.

Your stupidity is unsurpassed here.

You were fucking with people and now I am fucking with you.

Im disappointed you usually start having fits about now.... NEW MEDS?

The only one having fits is you, Captain Capslock

i never got sucked in with the lies....i knew iraq was incapable of harming us, i knew we got rid of 97% of iraq's weapon in gulf war 1 and right following it....from some articles i had read. I knew the nukes, the mushroom clouds in 45 minutes was bullcrud from day one.

Right on! So did I. I remember doing a double take the first time I heard Bush make his 9/11-Iraq connection. I remember thinking, "Americans won't buy that, will they?" Well, many did buy it out of fear and patriotism as a result of 9/11. I believe in many ways our media let us down.

At the time, I was of two minds. On one hand, I couldn't understand how Iraq could have recovered so quickly after Bush I. But then, I thought, the president, being the son of a president I voted for would never lie about something like this that would put young Americans in harms way.

Boy was I wrong. And it's not just him. The entire Republican party has become this terrible mess of lies and deceit and racism and ignorance. I see it almost as a favor. Without Iraq it might have been years before I understood what Republicans are all about. So tragic for the Republican base, many of which are good people, to have such an agenda driven leadership. Willing to screw over millions of Americans for that agenda. And how they've terrorized their base. Many times worse than al Qaeda.
I don't know that you can (accurately) describe the "entire Republican party" as having one mindset.​

I'm thinkin' the majority still considers themselves a "silent" majority.....as if that's something to brag-about. They pretty-much drift (thru Life)....firmly grasping their Moral Absolutes....and, avoiding as much of the real world as they can manage. Their version of Reality is pretty-much limited to whatever-it-takes to get-thru The Pearly Gates. They dread Death, so much, they're willing to tolerate anything-and-everything....as long as they're guaranteed their "pass" thru the Gates....and, they have more-than-a-few Clerics (who share their flocks' laziness, regarding the real World), who generate adequate-enough income....validating those fears. If it's (merely) a matter of this Majority submitting-to/voting-with the Republican-hierarchy.....as-long-as nothing else is expected of them....that's good enough for them. After all.....the Lord will provide.....eventually.....and, there's no actual work required. What they consider martyrdom (i.e. getting-by, financially....with lips tightly-sealed), most others recognize as laziness.

As-far-as Bush I goes....their support of Hussein was merely meant to balance (and, profit-from) the Iran/Iraq War.....AFTER-which Hussein was encouraged to go-into Kuwait!!!

July 25, 1990

TARIQ AZIZ: Our policy in OPEC opposes sudden jumps in oil prices.

HUSSEIN: Twenty-five dollars a barrel is not a high price.

GLASPIE: We have many Americans who would like to see the price go above $25 because they come from oil-producing states.

HUSSEIN: The price at one stage had dropped to $12 a barrel and a reduction in the modest Iraqi budget of $6 billion to $7 billion is a disaster.

GLASPIE: I think I understand this. I have lived here for years. I admire your extraordinary efforts to rebuild your country. I know you need funds. We understand that and our opinion is that you should have the opportunity to rebuild your country. But we have no opinion on the Arab-Arab conflicts, like your border disagreement with Kuwait.

I was in the American Embassy in Kuwait during the late 60's. The instruction we had during this period was that we should express no opinion on this issue and that the issue is not associated with America. James Baker has directed our official spokesmen to emphasize this instruction. We hope you can solve this problem using any suitable methods via Klibi or via President Mubarak. All that we hope is that these issues are solved quickly."

Yes looking in the mirror would do that. The next thing you will tell us is you are really male.

Naw, I'm still busy laughing at you admitting to your pettiness. Maybe later.

Your stupidity is unsurpassed here.

You were fucking with people and now I am fucking with you.

Im disappointed you usually start having fits about now.... NEW MEDS?

What we have here is an aussie or a zeal.

and I love it.

But they don't think or talk like us.

Bingo!!!!!

1197086068917675051egore_Thumb_Up_.svg.med.png

:eusa_clap:

Bush, the neocons, and the Republican base were excited when 9/11 happened. It gave them the green light to put the rubber to pavement regarding their twisted worldview of nation building and imperialism.

They were gun-ho from the start, despite Iraq having nothing to do with 9/11 and dumbass republicans cheered them on while decrying everyone a traitor and questioning their patriotism for dissenting against this wasteful war.
goering.jpg

Right on! So did I. I remember doing a double take the first time I heard Bush make his 9/11-Iraq connection. I remember thinking, "Americans won't buy that, will they?" Well, many did buy it out of fear and patriotism as a result of 9/11. I believe in many ways our media let us down.

At the time, I was of two minds. On one hand, I couldn't understand how Iraq could have recovered so quickly after Bush I. But then, I thought, the president, being the son of a president I voted for would never lie about something like this that would put young Americans in harms way.

Boy was I wrong. And it's not just him. The entire Republican party has become this terrible mess of lies and deceit and racism and ignorance. I see it almost as a favor. Without Iraq it might have been years before I understood what Republicans are all about. So tragic for the Republican base, many of which are good people, to have such an agenda driven leadership. Willing to screw over millions of Americans for that agenda. And how they've terrorized their base. Many times worse than al Qaeda.
I don't know that you can (accurately) describe the "entire Republican party" as having one mindset.​

I'm thinkin' the majority still considers themselves a "silent" majority.....as if that's something to brag-about. They pretty-much drift (thru Life)....firmly grasping their Moral Absolutes....and, avoiding as much of the real world as they can manage. Their version of Reality is pretty-much limited to whatever-it-takes to get-thru The Pearly Gates. They dread Death, so much, they're willing to tolerate anything-and-everything....as long as they're guaranteed their "pass" thru the Gates....and, they have more-than-a-few Clerics (who share their flocks' laziness, regarding the real World), who generate adequate-enough income....validating those fears. If it's (merely) a matter of this Majority submitting-to/voting-with the Republican-hierarchy.....as-long-as nothing else is expected of them....that's good enough for them. After all.....the Lord will provide.....eventually.....and, there's no actual work required. What they consider martyrdom (i.e. getting-by, financially....with lips tightly-sealed), most others recognize as laziness.

As-far-as Bush I goes....their support of Hussein was merely meant to balance (and, profit-from) the Iran/Iraq War.....AFTER-which Hussein was encouraged to go-into Kuwait!!!

July 25, 1990

GLASPIE: We have many Americans who would like to see the price go above $25 because they come from oil-producing states.

HUSSEIN: The price at one stage had dropped to $12 a barrel and a reduction in the modest Iraqi budget of $6 billion to $7 billion is a disaster.

GLASPIE: I think I understand this. I have lived here for years. I admire your extraordinary efforts to rebuild your country. I know you need funds. We understand that and our opinion is that you should have the opportunity to rebuild your country. But we have no opinion on the Arab-Arab conflicts, like your border disagreement with Kuwait.

I was in the American Embassy in Kuwait during the late 60's. The instruction we had during this period was that we should express no opinion on this issue and that the issue is not associated with America. James Baker has directed our official spokesmen to emphasize this instruction. We hope you can solve this problem using any suitable methods via Klibi or via President Mubarak. All that we hope is that these issues are solved quickly."

omg

you want to kill us. can you have any mercy this morning? for crying out loud give us all a break.

please please do not show anything with big pictures and vibrant colors.

Well, you had my attention up until Ron Paul. The fact that he's not a warmonger is one of his good points. However, I would NEVER want him in the White House.

Of course don't. You want more of the same, despite talk of change.

I bet you vote for four more years of wars in this coming election while reserving your right to bitch about how Bush got us into this quagmire.
Patience, Skippy, patience.

Nothing happens overnight.....or, even four years....when it comes to....

You'll understand all-o'-this, once you're out, on your own.​

July 25, 1990

omg

you want to kill us. can you have any mercy this morning? for crying out loud give us all a break.

please please do not show anything with big pictures and vibrant colors.

I finally put them on ignore..First and only person..works wonders.

By Jonathan Stein and Tim Dickinson

bush-on-bomb_master_425x320.jpg

Mushroom clouds, duct tape, Judy Miller, Curveball. Recalling how Americans were sold a bogus case for invasion.

At A congressional hearing examining the march to war in Iraq, Republican congressman Walter Jones posed "a very simple question" about the administration's manipulation of intelligence: "How could the professionals see what was happening and nobody speak out?"

Colonel Lawrence Wilkerson, Colin Powell's former chief of staff, responded with an equally simple answer: "The vice president."

But the blame for Iraq does not end with Cheney, Bush, or Rumsfeld. Nor is it limited to the intelligence operatives who sat silent as the administration cherry-picked its case for war, or with those, like Colin Powell or Hans Blix, who, in the name of loyalty or statesmanship, did not give full throat to their misgivings. It is also shared by far too many in the Fourth Estate, most notably the New York Times' Judith Miller. But let us not forget that it lies, inescapably, with we the American people, who, in our fear and rage over the catastrophic events of September 11, 2001, allowed ourselves to be suckered into the most audacious bait and switch of all time.

The first drafts of history are, by their nature, fragmentary. They arrive tragically late, and too often out of order. Back in 2006, we attempted to strip the history of the runup to the war to its bones, to reconstruct a skeleton that we thought might be key in resolving the open questions of the Bush era. As we prepare to leave Iraq, we present that timeline to you again. MotherJones.com offers a greatly expanded (if now technologically outdated) version of this timeline, one that is completely sourced to primary documents and initial news accounts. It was our hope to make this second draft of history as definitive as possible. So that we won't be fooled again.—THE EDITORS

TIMELINE: Lie by Lie: A Timeline of How We Got Into Iraq | Mother Jones
he murdered over 200000 curds with weapons of mass destruction....
Uhhhhhhhhh.....that'd be Kurds, Skippy......and, WE provided the materials....​

March 27, 2004

Selective Amnesia On Iraq

"This is regarding Deroy Murdock’s March 22 column “… but if Iraq’s dead could talk, they’d thank Bush.” Selective amnesia seems to be the hallmark of the Bush administration’s apologists these days.

A careful reading of the cited U.S. Agency for International Development report reveals a curious fact. The dates of these tragic events began in the 1980s and ended in 1991, the years of the Reagan and first Bush administrations. Certainly Saddam Hussein was responsible for murders and tortures until the day he took up residence in his hole. But the mass graves date from the Iran-Iraq War, the first Gulf War, and the Kurdish and Shiite rebellions." - Richard Bareford - Camp Arifjan, Kuwait

logo.gif

Carry-on, Skippy.......
messyfrosting.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back