License plate proposed to honor KKK leader

So was Benedict Arnold.

And Ben, unlike Forest, actually fought on BEHALF of the American forces before he BETRAYED his nation.

So did most of the Southern officers in the Mexican War. And most of those Southern officers considered their state as their country so they didn't betray anything.

Learn your history!

Gods and Generals - I Will Not Lead Them | SPIKE

And they were wrong....and lost. Traitors to the United States, lucky they were not hung.

Like the Latinos who put countries in Latin America before the United States while feeding off of the resources that rightfully belong to poor Americans!

Personally I think its all about the fact that Forrest was one of the great Generals in the civil war.

Dont' know if anyone was even thinking about the KKK.

Of course I could be wrong.

I dun wanna argue with you, Claudette. I like you. Lemme just say, if it were up to me, Andrew Jackson would not be on the $20 bill. IMO, one genocide act wipes out a lifetime of achievement -- and both Jackson and Forrest committed many more than one.

We should have a Hall Of Shame for such men, not a commerative license plate.

Refresh my history, what genocide did Andrew Jackson commit?

If people are stupid enough to pay the fucking state extra for one of those idiotic license plates then let them.

Commemorative shit like that is just a tax on stupidity.

JACKSON, Miss. — A fight is brewing in Mississippi over a proposal to issue specialty license plates honoring Confederate Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest, who was an early leader of the Ku Klux Klan.

The Mississippi Division of Sons of Confederate Veterans wants to sponsor a series of state-issued license plates to mark the 150th anniversary of the Civil War, which it calls the "War Between the States." The group proposes a different design each year between now and 2015, with Forrest slated for 2014.

"Seriously?" state NAACP president Derrick Johnson said when he was told about the Forrest plate. "Wow."

Forrest, a Tennessee native, is revered by some as a military genius and reviled by others for leading the 1864 massacre of black Union troops at Fort Pillow, Tenn. Forrest was a Klan grand wizard in Tennessee after the war.

Sons of Confederate Veterans member Greg Stewart said he believes Forrest distanced himself from the Klan later in life. It's a point many historians agree upon, though some believe it was too little, too late, because the Klan had already turned violent before Forrest left.

License plate proposed to honor KKK leader - U.S. news - Life - Race & ethnicity - msnbc.com#

------------------------------------------------------

And yet it is OK for Mexicans to revere Pancho Vila, who killed helpless American men and women on his raids into the US?

What about the Indians chiefs who murdered American settlers and immigrants? Indian heads were on the nickel for years.

Nathan Bedford Forrest is a part of American history, like it or not. He's one of the South's greatest generals. That is fact.

So was Benedict Arnold.

And Ben, unlike Forest, actually fought on BEHALF of the American forces before he BETRAYED his nation.

There's a case to be made that his country fucked him before he turned his back on it

Personally I think its all about the fact that Forrest was one of the great Generals in the civil war.

I dun wanna argue with you, Claudette. I like you. Lemme just say, if it were up to me, Andrew Jackson would not be on the $20 bill. IMO, one genocide act wipes out a lifetime of achievement -- and both Jackson and Forrest committed many more than one.

Are you fucking stupid?
Andrew Jackson, from Tennessee, was a forceful proponent of Indian removal. In 1814 he commanded the U.S. military forces that defeated a faction of the Creek nation. In their defeat, the Creeks lost 22 million acres of land in southern Georgia and central Alabama. The U.S. acquired more land in 1818 when, spurred in part by the motivation to punish the Seminoles for their practice of harboring fugitive slaves, Jackson's troops invaded Spanish Florida.

Indian removal

Ethnic cleansing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Trail of Tears - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Florida, Trail of Tears.

Forum List

Back