Libyan War Cost Skyrockets...

LibocalypseNow

Jul 30, 2009
U.S. Military operations in Libya are on course to cost Hundreds of Millions of Dollars more than the Pentagon estimated. The Pentagon expected to spend "Somewhere in the ball park of $750M" by the end of the fiscal year. But according to a recently leaked Pentagon memo,U.S. operations in Libya have already cost $664M as of May.

This is very disturbing. Why are we fighting a War in Libya? Still haven't gotten a coherent or straight answer on that. And now we're stepping up our Bombing Campaign in Yemen too. Up to Five Wars at this point. What a tragedy. How many more Wars can we afford?...

FT.com / Middle East & North Africa - Pentagon sees Libya military costs soar

Last edited:
Anymore you have to wonder what part of the Arab world can we say Obama DIDN'T bomb once his 8 years are up?

When we started bombing Libya Obama thought this campaign would be over by now, thats why the cost is more than what they anticipated. The best NATO can do is stalemate, they don't have what it takes to really bring Ghaddafi down, this thing is going to keep dragging on and on and costing us more.

Libya now seems eerily similar to our intervention in Afghanistan in the late 70's to mid 80's and the people we're supporting seem eerily similar to those as well.

Libya now seems eerily similar to our intervention in Afghanistan in the late 70's to mid 80's and the people we're supporting seem eerily similar to those as well.

Yes it is very similar and very scarey, I don't trust the people we are supporting in Libya.

When we started bombing Libya Obama thought this campaign would be over by now, thats why the cost is more than what they anticipated. The best NATO can do is stalemate, they don't have what it takes to really bring Ghaddafi down, this thing is going to keep dragging on and on and costing us more.

Yea it's very sad. This Libyan War will cost well over a $Billion by the end of the year. And now we're stepping up our bombings in Yemen too. When will this stuff ever end?

Good point. Their "Arab Spring" may not end so well for the U.S.

Last edited:
Isn't it weird how the board democrats consistently post on every subject but almost never come around these Libya threads?

Yea it's very sad. This Libyan War will cost well over a $Billion by the end of the year. And now we're stepping up our bombings in Yemen too. When will this stuff ever end?

Its hard to say, I think this will go on for the next couple Presidencies to be honest with you.

Isn't it weird how the board democrats consistently post on every subject but almost never come around these Libya threads?

Well it's their D's doing the bombing & killing now so i'm sure everything is just fine in their little worlds. Wouldn't want to interrupt their little D & R fantasy world now would ya?

Well it's their D's doing the bombing & killing now so i'm sure everything is just fine in their little worlds. Wouldn't want to interrupt their little D & R fantasy world now would ya?

Where were these cheerleaders when we went into Iraq?

It's all just a D & R Fantasy World for too many in this country. Very few people stand up for what's right. The D's are very enthusiastic and quite happy bombing & killing Libyans. Why is that? Well it's very simple in the end. It's their D's doing all the killing now. I know it sucks but that's how most Americans look at things. It's all about the D & R thing.

It's all just a D & R Fantasy World for too many in this country. Very few people stand up for what's right. The D's are very enthusiastic and quite happy bombing & killing Libyans. Why is that? Well it's very simple in the end. It's their D's doing all the killing now. I know it sucks but that's how most Americans look at things. It's all about the D & R thing.

Thats basically what it comes down to, if Bush was still in office bombing Libya and Yemen there would be no war for oil protestors all over the place and human shields on their way to Libya and Yemen as we speak.

Thats basically what it comes down to, if Bush was still in office bombing Libya and Yemen there would be no war for oil protestors all over the place and human shields on their way to Libya and Yemen as we speak.

BINGO! You can bet on that.

Massive Unemployment,Massive Spending,Massive Debt,Record Poverty,Skyrocketing Food & Gas Prices,and Five Wars. These are not good times for America. It's enough to depress even an eternal optimist.

Massive Unemployment,Massive Spending,Massive Debt,Record Poverty,Skyrocketing Food & Gas Prices,and Five Wars. These are not good times for America. It's enough to depress even an eternal optimist.

I miss the 90s, no war on terror, no TSA, low gas prices, good economy, not too many wars besides the Gulf War, Somalia and the Bosnia thing at the end, what do you guys think?

I still haven't heard a coherent or logical explanation for why we're fighting a War in Libya. Oh well,another $Billion flushed down the toilet i guess. :(

The president did not respect the Constitution, which requires that wars be declared by Congress.

And, now, two months into the fight, the president is not respecting the War Powers Act, which requires clear consultation with Congress.

You would think that would get Republican leaders in the House angry. After all, they seem to be mad about everything Obama does.

But House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, on Friday engineered a power play that prevented congressional checking and balancing of the president on his Libya mission.

Boehner Protects Obama's Libya Mission By Engineering a Mild Rebuke While Blocking Kucinich's Real Plan to End It | The Nation

Forum List

Back