Libyan Rebels, halted, pushed back and thru Ras Lanouf, key Oil fac.

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
well, now its the rebels turn to take a whacking. I wonder, will the UN sign off on letting and nato arm the rebels with what they need? Why am I having colonalist flashbacks of the 50-60's?

That would of course mean boots on the ground to provide training, you just can't parachute in APC's, or light tanks with instruction manuals.

So, as I wondered aloud last week, if they need to change the resolution or that is amend it, China and Russia will do what exactly?:eusa_whistle:

Libyan rebels scatter, world mulls sending arms
by Marc Burleigh Marc Burleigh – 1 hr 21 mins ago

NEAR BREGA, Libya (AFP) – Loyalist forces overran the Libyan oil town of Ras Lanuf on Wednesday, scattering outgunned rebels as world powers debated arming the rag-tag band of fighters seeking to oust Moamer Kadhafi.

AFP reporters quoting rebel fighters said Kadhafi's troops swept through Ras Lanuf, strategic for its oil refinery, blazing away with tanks and heavy artillery fire soon after dawn.

Panicked rebels fled in their hundreds through Uqayla, 20 kilometres (12 miles) east of Ras Lanuf, calling for coalition air strikes on Kadhafi's forces, before driving further away from the front lines through the oil town of Brega and on towards the main city of Ajdabiya, 120 kilometres away.

"We want two things: that the planes drop bombs on Kadhafi's tanks and heavy artillery; and that they (the coalition forces) give us weapons so we can fight," rebel fighter Yunes Abdelghaim told AFP.

The 27-year-old, who was holding a Russian AK-47 assault rifle and French flag, said it seemed as if the coalition had halted its air strikes for two days coinciding with a London conference on the Libyan crisis.

"We want the French to bomb the (Kadhafi) soldiers," said another fighter, Ali Atia al-Faturi, as the sound of shelling and gunfire grew louder.

more at-

Libyan rebels scatter, world mulls sending arms - Yahoo! News

Most of these Libyan rebels are civilians who picked up a rifle, most of them can't even tie their shoes. They are going to need alot more help than just air strikes if Ghaddafi is going to fall.

yup...plus I just saw this.....then I harkened back to obamas speech and the "40" years of brutal rule by Qaddafi and what a shit he is etc etc etc.. talk about about amateurish state craft and speechifying.

Gadhafi's son was on U.S. internship until crisis

March 28, 2011|By Pam Benson, CNN National Security Producer

Khamis Gadhafi, son of Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi, was seen on live Libyan state TV Monday night.

Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi's youngest son, who runs the country's elite special forces for his father's regime, was on an internship program in the United States when public unrest exploded in Libya last month.

Khamis Gadhafi abruptly cut off his visit and returned to Libya, where he has led the 32nd Reinforced Brigade, known at the Khamis Brigade, in its brutal suppression of rebel forces.

Gadhafi's son was on U.S. internship until crisis - CNN

:lol:

Last edited:
yup...plus I just saw this.....then I harkened back to obamas speech and the "40" years of brutal rule by Qaddafi and what a shit he is etc etc etc.. talk about about amateurish state craft and speechifying.

Gadhafi's son was on U.S. internship until crisis

March 28, 2011|By Pam Benson, CNN National Security Producer

Khamis Gadhafi, son of Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi, was seen on live Libyan state TV Monday night.

Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi's youngest son, who runs the country's elite special forces for his father's regime, was on an internship program in the United States when public unrest exploded in Libya last month.

Khamis Gadhafi abruptly cut off his visit and returned to Libya, where he has led the 32nd Reinforced Brigade, known at the Khamis Brigade, in its brutal suppression of rebel forces.

Gadhafi's son was on U.S. internship until crisis - CNN

:lol:

I know, I saw that yesterday on Yahoo and posted it in my Libya unrest thread. If Ghaddafi is such a bastard, why are we letting his son come work here on an internship? I don't remember us letting Saddam Husseins kids or Ayatollah Khomeini's kids come here to work.

Forum List

Back