Libyan rebel commander admits his fighters have al-Qaeda links

It really is amazing that so many Americans really do believe they can go around the World Bombing & Killing yet don't have to pay a price for that. 911? There will be many more 911's if this ridiculous Foreign Policy continues. Blow Back...It is coming. Don't kid yourself.
Libo's blaming Americans for 9/11?

Do we really think we can continue to Bomb & Kill all around the World and not have to answer for it at some point? Well guess what? We will have to answer for it. And that's the truth.

It really is amazing that so many Americans really do believe they can go around the World Bombing & Killing yet don't have to pay a price for that. 911? There will be many more 911's if this ridiculous Foreign Policy continues. Blow Back...It is coming. Don't kid yourself.

Not blaming American Citizens so much but i am blaming our American Government. There is a difference.

Not blaming American Citizens so much but i am blaming our American Government. There is a difference.
The people are the government. Isn't that the whole idea?

Then we don't live in America anymore. I expect you to either start shooting or admit you, like most Americans, are okay with the new system.

Don't need shooting to change things. But i guess i'm not like most Americans. Cause i'm definitely not okay with the "New System." :(

If Isolationism & Nationalism means ending these Foreign Interventions and caring about Americans again,than i say lets go for it. Personally,i've always said the terms 'Isolationism' & 'Protectionism' are incredibly over-used and convenient labels. This country needs more Isolationism. I'm completely sick of the Globalists/Internationalists. And I think most Americans agree with me. It's time for a dramatic change in our Foreign Policy.

Careful. It also means.....

NO FOREIGN OIL
NO FOREIGN CARS
NO FOREIGN STEEL PRODUCTS
NO FOREIGN FOOD PRODUCTS
NO CHEAP FOREIGN CLOTHING & HOUSEWARES

Isolationism is not what we want! We need to interact with other Nations, Using diplomacy, dialog and trade, not our military. I think we should not be supporting these dictators with our foreign aid. We are in three wars now! The military's mission is to defend America. How are we threaten by the events in Libya. By what right, human or constitutional, do we have to build another country. None.
Has anyone, Democrat or Republican, noticed that the foreign of the US doesn't change from one President to the next? This country is ruled by the military industrial complex. As long as that doesn't change, our foreign policy won't change.

Then we don't live in America anymore. I expect you to either start shooting or admit you, like most Americans, are okay with the new system.

I vote for the "shooting" option.

Don't need shooting to change things. But i guess i'm not like most Americans. Cause i'm definitely not okay with the "New System." :(

Yes we DO need shooting to change things. R vs. D doesn't give us anything different these days. They're all the same.

You're okay enough with it to not be calling for a revolution, opting instead to work within it for evolutionary reform, so it's not that bad.

Of course he doesn't want a Revolution. Most of the time Revolutions are won by people who have ideals and values that they adhere to, or at least believe in. Libertarians don't actually have any ideals or values, so they're not likely to win in a Revolutionary scenario.

Isolationism is not what we want! We need to interact with other Nations, Using diplomacy, dialog and trade, not our military. I think we should not be supporting these dictators with our foreign aid. We are in three wars now! The military's mission is to defend America. How are we threaten by the events in Libya. By what right, human or constitutional, do we have to build another country. None.

I don't care if it's what you want, it's what WE NEED. Until we get back to an AMERICA FIRST mentality as a STANDARD throughout the entirety of the population, the government, and the businesses here in the United States we should not let another person into this country, or have anything else to do with any other nation.

You are correct about the US Military being a defensive force. We shouldn't be nation-building. Though I am a proponent of per-emptive strikes on nations that are threatening US security.

Has anyone, Democrat or Republican, noticed that the foreign of the US doesn't change from one President to the next? This country is ruled by the military industrial complex. As long as that doesn't change, our foreign policy won't change.

The foreign policy doesn't change because there's no difference between the parties. Voting Republican vs. voting Democrat makes less than no difference. Until we start electing people with ideals, values, and principles it will never change.

Libyan rebel commander admits his fighters have al-Qaeda links - Telegraph

In an interview with the Italian newspaper Il Sole 24 Ore, Mr al-Hasidi admitted that he had recruited "around 25" men from the Derna area in eastern Libya to fight against coalition troops in Iraq. Some of them, he said, are "today are on the front lines in Adjabiya".
Mr al-Hasidi insisted his fighters "are patriots and good Muslims, not terrorists," but added that the "members of al-Qaeda are also good Muslims and are fighting against the invader".
His revelations came even as Idriss Deby Itno, Chad's president, said al-Qaeda had managed to pillage military arsenals in the Libyan rebel zone and acquired arms, "including surface-to-air missiles, which were then smuggled into their sanctuaries".

Well the plot thickens, we have the most messed up foreign policy in the world, if only that wikileaks guy was available. Why drop bombs to help some one that views al-Qaeda as "good Muslims?"

Looks like Gaddafi was telling the truth when he claimed this. Gaddafi or Al Qaeda? Terrible choices huh? Looks like our Government has chosen Al Qaeda. Pretty sad & bizarre stuff. Blow Back will be blowing our way on this one at some point. It's very sad.

Last edited:
Wait a minute. Hold on. I distinctly remember BO saying we were at war with al queda. Someone is confused.

Well........

Even though the LIFG is not part of the al-Qaeda organisation, the United States military's West Point academy has said the two share an "increasingly co-operative relationship". In 2007, documents captured by allied forces from the town of Sinjar, showed LIFG emmbers made up the second-largest cohort of foreign fighters in Iraq, after Saudi Arabia.

Earlier this month, al-Qaeda issued a call for supporters to back the Libyan rebellion, which it said would lead to the imposition of "the stage of Islam" in the country.

Saudi Arabia is also supposed to be our "ally," the deeper we dig the more we'll find that our country's foreign policy and behind closed doors dealing are dirty rotten, US troops could have actually been killed in combat by some of the Libyan rebels.

Anyone whos read up on Libya in the last few years already knows Al Qaeda has links to Militants in that country, in Iraq the largest flow of foreign fighters came from Libya after the Saudis, the fighters that didn't die in combat returned to Libya or turned their attention to Afghanistan. Some of these guys that are fighting Ghaddafi fought against our troops in Iraq, the irony and hypocricy of this is damn right laughable.

Looks like Gaddafi was telling the truth when he claimed this. Gaddafi or Al Qaeda? Terrible choices huh? Looks like our Government has chosen Al Qaeda. Pretty sad & bizarre stuff. Blow Back will be blowing our way on this one at some point. It's very sad.

You can bet Al Qaeda militants are loving the fact that the US is helping take down Ghaddafi, Al Qaeda hated Saddam as well because he was secular, they loved it when we invaded because it gave them an opportunity to get new recruits.

Anti-American Extremists Among Libyan Rebels U.S. Has Vowed To Protect

WASHINGTON -- In 2007, when American combat casualties were spiking in the bloodbath of the Iraq War, an 18-year-old laborer traveled from his home in eastern Libya through Egypt and Syria to join an al Qaeda terrorist cell in Iraq. He gave his name to al Qaeda operatives as Ashraf Ahmad Abu-Bakr al-Hasri. Occupation, he wrote: “Martyr.’’

Abu-Bakr was one of hundreds of foreign fighters who flocked into the killing zones of Iraq to wage war against the “infidels." They came from Saudi Arabia, Syria, Oman, Algeria and other Islamic states. But on a per capita basis, no country sent more young fighters into Iraq to kill Americans than Libya -- and almost all of them came from eastern Libya, the center of the anti-Gaddafi rebellion that the United States and others now have vowed to protect, according to internal al Qaeda documents uncovered by U.S. intelligence.

The informal alliance with violent Islamist extremist elements is a coming-home of sorts for the United States, which initially fought on the same side as the Libyan fighters in Afghanistan in the 1980s, battling the Soviet Union.

According to a cache of al Qaeda documents captured in 2007 by U.S. special operations commandos in Sinjar, Iraq, hundreds of foreign fighters, many of them untrained young Islamic volunteers, poured into Iraq in 2006 and 2007. The documents, called the Sinjar documents, were collected, translated and analyzed at the West Point Counter Terrorism Center. Almost one in five foreign fighters arriving in Iraq came from eastern Libya, many from the city of Darnah. Others came from Surt and Misurata to the west.

On a per capita basis, that’s more than twice as many than came from any other Arabic-speaking country, amounting to what the counter terrorism center called a Libyan “surge" of young men eager to kill Americans.

During 2006 and 2007, a total of 1,468 Americans were killed in combat and 12,524 were badly wounded, according to Pentagon records.

Today, there is little doubt that eastern Libya, like other parts of the Arab world, is experiencing a genuine burst of anti-totalitarian fervor, expressed in demands for political freedom and economic reforms. But there also is a dark history to eastern Libya, which is the home of the Islamic Libyan Fighting Group, an anti-Gaddafi organization officially designated by the State Department as a terrorist organization.

Anti-American Extremists Among Libyan Rebels U.S. Has Vowed To Protect

Forum List

Back