LIBYA - The Real Deal

P F Tinmore

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdaUt8BIwxg&feature=related]YouTube - LIBYA - The Real Deal[/ame]

Libyans dyin' to get away from Gaddafi...
:eek:
Libya: '800 refugees drowned' trying to escape Gaddafi
10 May 2011 - At least 800 people have drowned as they tried to escape war torn Libya in the two months since the civil war started, UN officials said on Tuesday.
The dramatic claim was made just days after it emerged that 61 people drowned after another ship sank despite being spotted and given assistance by an unidentified military helicopter. There have been claims it was from a Nato vessel patrolling the waters off the coast of Libya but officials have denied this saying there is "no evidence that one of their vessels was involved." The victims are made up mainly of refugees fleeing Libya but economic migrants are also feared to have died as they sailed from north Africa to the tiny Italian island of Lampedusa. Since January the island has been swamped with more than 20,000 illegal immigrants and refugees pushing it's limited resources of food and water to the limit.

Laura Boldrini, a spokeswoman for the United Nations High Commission for Refugees in Rome said the figure of 800 was made up of four vessels that they had information on. She said:"We know of at least two boats that are missing and these were carrying at least 490 people and we know of two ships that went down with 332 drowning. "These are just the ones we know of from survivors or from people who have contacted us or relatives to say they were in trouble and then not been in touch again. "There needs to be increased co-ordination between the navy vessels and the commercial ships that are in the Mediterranean at the moment and they need to offer assistance as quickly as possible without being asked. "It is very, very worrying that these refugees are getting on boats that are not at all safe and then attempting to make this dangerous crossing to Lampedusa."

The incident with the 61 people who drowned, is said to have happened at the end of March, while last week another vessel carrying 600 men, women and children was send to have gone down off the coast of Tripoli. Earlier this week a boat carrying 528 people ran aground off Lampedusa and a major rescue was launched with officials saying that all on-board had been saved but a search later revealed three bodies below the hull. Ms Boldrini added how there had been cases of "tension" between Malta and Italy over territorial competence when it came to rescuing illegal immigrants and refugees. Italy has grown increasingly frustrated at Malta's lack of help as in many cases it simply passes on any calls to them claiming they do not have vessels powerful or big enough to help in a rescue.

She added: "These cases of tension over competence just create more risk for those on the boats and puts any rescue attempt at risk – this should be put aside and everyone needs to do what they can to help. "We are in this war to protect the people of Libya so if these people put to see to escape this war then we must look after them even if they are on ships." Before the civil war began Libyan patrol boats stopped any vessel attempting to set sail in a deal agreed with Italy and before the bombing campaign started mad dog Colonel Gaddafi threatened to turn Europe "black through illegal immigration" in an attempt to ward off military intervention.

Source

Ghaddiffi is being attacked by Al Qaeda.

So, you support Al Qaeda?

I thought you were all for the people, Arab people, determining their own way? Does that only apply to terrorists that kill Jews?

You are a little off topic but this is not a popular uprising. This is a proxy attack on Libya by the US funded Al Qaeda.

Good god you are a FUCKING RETARD. By the way if the US planned and executed why aren't we helping them? Why did we pull out of the Operation? Why haven't we sent troops and weapons?

Better yet provide a single shred of evidence the US has EVER supported Al Qaeda.

You need professional help you fucking reject.

The Western Euros want Gaddafi's Oil. Nothing more,nothing less. We're just helping them get that Oil. They've helped us many times in the past in killing & maiming for Oil so the U.S. Government felt compelled to help the Western Euros on this Libyan fiasco. It really is sad. Personally,i believe UN & NATO Leaders should be arrested and prosecuted for War Crimes. They brutally murdered Gaddafi's Son and Grandchildren last Weekend. They are committing War Crimes in Libya. More people need to stand up and hold the UN and NATO accountable. Don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen though.

Last edited:
I thought you were all for the people, Arab people, determining their own way? Does that only apply to terrorists that kill Jews?

You are a little off topic but this is not a popular uprising. This is a proxy attack on Libya by the US funded Al Qaeda.

Good god you are a FUCKING RETARD. By the way if the US planned and executed why aren't we helping them? Why did we pull out of the Operation? Why haven't we sent troops and weapons?

Better yet provide a single shred of evidence the US has EVER supported Al Qaeda.

You need professional help you fucking reject.

Libyan rebel commander admits his fighters have al-Qaeda links - Telegraph

"Libyan rebel commander admits his fighters have al-Qaeda links "

U.S. Plans To Send $25 Million In Aid To Libyan Rebels : NPR

"U.S. Plans To Send $25 Million In Aid To Libyan Rebels"

Retired these aren't the opinions of the original poster, these are basic facts.

Qaddafi and the rebels are both scum, I don't want part of my paycheck going to either of them.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=821c-5R5xC8]YouTube - Coalition Against the Bombing of Africa (Libya)! (11) - Cynthia McKinney[/ame]

The Western Euros want Gaddafi's Oil. Nothing more,nothing less. We're just helping them get that Oil. They've helped us many times in the past in killing & maiming for Oil so the U.S. Government felt compelled to help the Western Euros on this Libyan fiasco. It really is sad. Personally,i believe UN & NATO Leaders should be arrested and prosecuted for War Crimes. They brutally murdered Gaddafi's Son and Grandchildren last Weekend. They are committing War Crimes in Libya. More people need to stand up and hold the UN and NATO accountable. Don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen though.

It certainly makes more sense than "nation building". You should only go to war because of a paramount national interest, like access to natural resources or to protect yourself from attack. Going in just because you don't like the guy doesn't make sense. After all, using your logic, shouldn't Bush be charged with war crimes for killing Saddam's sons? The main difference, I see, is that the Libyans are actually doing something to topple Kadafi, unlike what was happening in Iarq, i.e. NOTHING.

Wished I had said it first, OIL. that is all this about and as for UN help that is a joke. Obama should go to the next big general assemble, announce that we are revoking their lease on the building and giving them a week to get out, all of them and don't let them back in or make any speeches. The UN is worthless and we pay for it.

It certainly makes more sense than "nation building". You should only go to war because of a paramount national interest, like access to natural resources or to protect yourself from attack. Going in just because you don't like the guy doesn't make sense. After all, using your logic, shouldn't Bush be charged with war crimes for killing Saddam's sons? The main difference, I see, is that the Libyans are actually doing something to topple Kadafi, unlike what was happening in Iarq, i.e. NOTHING.

Yeah I hated the War in Iraq and hate the current debacle in Libya, but it would be nice to hear some transparency that we're over there fighting for oil.

Problem is how would soldiers react to hearing those truths?

Yeah I hated the War in Iraq and hate the current debacle in Libya, but it would be nice to hear some transparency that we're over there fighting for oil.

Dude the soldiers already know, I was in the Military and we know what time it was even when our commanders tried to preach to us about liberating the Iraqis and giving them democracy.

Wished I had said it first, OIL. that is all this about and as for UN help that is a joke. Obama should go to the next big general assemble, announce that we are revoking their lease on the building and giving them a week to get out, all of them and don't let them back in or make any speeches. The UN is worthless and we pay for it.

I have to agree at this point. The UN is by far the most corrupt & incompetent Bureaucracy on this Planet. They do some things well such as real humanitarian efforts. But you could set up some other organization for that sole purpose. Nations could voluntarily join that organization. But calling this Libyan War for Oil a "Humanitarian" effort really is absurd. Shame on them.

Dude the soldiers already know, I was in the Military and we know what time it was even when our commanders tried to preach to us about liberating the Iraqis and giving them democracy.

Well I guess I'm glad to hear you guys know and you know you're being lied to, but all about fighting for the guy next to you right?

Well I guess I'm glad to hear you guys know and you know you're being lied to, but all about fighting for the guy next to you right?

After being at war for almost 10 years now, most people in the Military are at the point where they try to do their job to the best of their ability, protect their fellow soldiers and make it home, folks in the Military read the news and get online too, they know what time it is. There are some real gung ho types out there but not that many, mostly career minded guys who have to give the company line.

I have to agree at this point. The UN is by far the most corrupt & incompetent Bureaucracy on this Planet. They do some things well such as real humanitarian efforts. But you could set up some other organization for that sole purpose. Nations could voluntarily join that organization. But calling this Libyan War for Oil a "Humanitarian" effort really is absurd. Shame on them.

I personally think the UN is a big fucking joke.

Forum List

Back