Libya, Sarkozy and Obama

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
"France is the first country to formally recognise the legitimacy of Libya's rebel National Transitional Council and will open an embassy in Benghazi, the government announced after meeting with NTC representatives in Paris Thursday. "
France24 - France formally recognises Libyan rebels' authority

1. Global leadership has passed to the French.

2. Is it an accident, an oversight on the part of this administration that it has used the bully pulpit to a lesser extent in calling for Gaddafi to step down than it did in calling for Mubarak to do so?

3. Could it be due to the documented ties between Gaddafi, Farrakhan, Rev. Wright and President Obama, back to the mid '80's?

Last edited:
This isn't the first time that France has shown leadership while the U.S. dithered under Obama's lack of it.

I love it, now the CON$ervative Brotherhood wants America to be more like France.

As I have said so many times, no matter what CON$ say, just wait a while and they will flip-flop.

images

This isn't the first time that France has shown leadership while the U.S. dithered under Obama's lack of it.

Now, wait just one darned cotton-pickin' minute, there, girl....

that can't be, not with President Obama being above the whole world!

I remember Evan Thomas saying so!

"Newsweek editor Evan Thomas brought adulation over President Obama’s Cairo speech to a whole new level on Friday, declaring on MSNBC: "I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God."
Read more: Newsweek

So, ya' think there must be some sort of apology on the way......Maybe?

I love it, now the CON$ervative Brotherhood wants America to be more like France.

As I have said so many times, no matter what CON$ say, just wait a while and they will flip-flop.

images

Hey, BeetsAndSpinach,
shouldn't you be getting ready to take notes on the MaHaRushie Show?

images

Hey, BeetsAndSpinach,
Do you mean the major league asshole who said yesterday that the people who paid into Social Security and Medicare all their lives and had the unmitigated gall to live long enough to collect some of it back were "getting something for nothing?"

images

Hey, BeetsAndSpinach,
Do you mean the major league asshole who said yesterday that the people who paid into Social Security and Medicare all their lives and had the unmitigated gall to live long enough to collect some of it back were "getting something for nothing?"

Wow, you sure do listen closely! Rush would be gratified!

Aside from your gratuitous swipe at your mentor, GettinATicket, you do know that folks get back far more than they put in....most folks.

Know about Ida May?

Ida May Fuller, the first person to begin receiving benefits, in January, 1940, when she was 65- she lived to be 100. “…worked for three years under the Social Security program. The accumulated taxes on her salary during those three years was a total of $24.75. Her initial monthly check was $22.54. During her lifetime she collected a total of $22,888.92 in Social Security benefits.”
Social Security Online

Did she get "something for nothing?"

Hey, BeetsAndSpinach,

Aside from your gratuitous swipe at your mentor, GettinATicket, you do know that folks get back far more than they put in....most folks.

Know about Ida May?

Ida May Fuller, the first person to begin receiving benefits, in January, 1940, when she was 65- she lived to be 100. “…worked for three years under the Social Security program. The accumulated taxes on her salary during those three years was a total of $24.75. Her initial monthly check was $22.54. During her lifetime she collected a total of $22,888.92 in Social Security benefits.”
Social Security Online

CON$ are very good at cherry-picking an exception and making it the rule.

When I was born, the average life expectancy was about 63 years, which means about half the people my age paid into SS all their lives and collected nothing. People like me, who have survived long enough to start collecting, for the most part, will probably not live long enough to break even. Some will live long enough to collect more than they put in but they are not typical. That's why since it began people have paid $5 trillion more into SS than has been taken out.

If you remember, one of the arguments made by CON$ when Bush wanted to privatize SS was that when people died before they collected SS benefits or broke even, their heirs would get their privatized benefits rather than the nothing they get now from SS.

Know about Ida May?

Social Security Online

When I was born, the average life expectancy was about 63 years, which means about half the people my age paid into SS all their lives and collected nothing. People like me, who have survived long enough to start collecting, for the most part, will probably not live long enough to break even. Some will live long enough to collect more than they put in but they are not typical. That's why since it began people have paid $5 trillion more into SS than has been taken out.

If you remember, one of the arguments made by CON$ when Bush wanted to privatize SS was that when people died before they collected SS benefits or broke even, their heirs would get their privatized benefits rather than the nothing they get now from SS.

EdOnABroomstick, don't talk like that! What would I do without you!
More importantly, what would Rush do without you????

Enough chit chat...now, do you know what the life expectency is today?

Know about Ida May?

Social Security Online

More importantly, what would Rush do without you????

And what exactly does the life expectancy of people born today have to do with your MessiahRushie saying that the people collecting SS today are getting something for nothing???

More importantly, what would Rush do withou"t you????

And what exactly does the life expectancy of people born today have to do with your MessiahRushie saying that the people collecting SS today are getting something for nothing???

The figure you quoted was 63.

Clearly, that figure is out of date, meaning that one who has attained said age at this time, would be expected to continue on for some period.

These folks have an opinion on the matter:

"Yes most people get back more, unless they die early. My father got back many times what he put in."
Do you get back more than you put in for social security? - Yahoo! Answers

"Most will rec about 1100 a month at full retirement yet NO ONE ever put 1000 A month into it Not a bad return No Pension on earth can match that (other than some Gov't s )
I looked to my Mother in Law she rec more in SS than she ever put in But try telling her that? and had a comfy life Not like HER parents And A neice whos young son rec SSi far longer than his Father ever worked and put into the system."http://www.topix.com/forum/source/farmington-daily-times/TGUSJKS9PHBQI04RT

"Social Security recipients should make no apologies for getting what they want, even though it may be more than they ever contributed. "Why Social Security is welfare | Deseret News

Want me to wait while you bow down and apologize to Rushie?
Well hurry up.

You might want to think, oops....wrong term....read the following:

1. “Social Security will pay out more this year than it gets in payroll taxes, marking the first time since the program will be in the red since it was overhauled in 1983, according to the annual authoritative report released Thursday by the program's actuary.” Social Security in the red this year - Washington Times

2. “…redeeming trust fund assets until reserves are exhausted in 2037, at which point tax income would be sufficient to pay about 75 percent of scheduled benefits through 2084.” Trustees Report Summary

3. ‘As background to its estimates, the CBO notes that spending on Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security will rise rapidly in the future, pushing up "primary" federal spending (excluding interest payments on the debt) from 18.2 percent of GDP today to 28.3 percent in 2050 and 35.3 percent in 2082. With interest payments included, spending will hit 41.8 percent of GDP in 2050 and 75.4 per¬cent by 2082…."[t]he tax rate for the lowest bracket would have to be increased from 10 per¬cent to 25 percent; the tax rate on incomes in the current 25 percent bracket would have to be increased to 63 percent; and the tax rate of the highest bracket would have to be raised from 35 percent to 88 percent. The top corporate income tax rate would also increase from 35 percent to 88 percent." Peter R. Orszag, Director, Congressional Budget Office, letter to Representative Paul Ryan (R–WI), May 19, 2008, Taxes to Pay for Medicare, Medicaid, and SSI | Medicare Insurance | eons.com

4. “Spending on the three major entitlements, Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security, will more than double in the next 40 years. Without major reforms, entitlement spending will consume all federal tax revenues by 2052http://www.issues2010.com/pdf/Entitlements.pdf

Now, you're not one of those folks who say 'future be damned,' are you?

3. Could it be due to the documented ties between Gaddafi, Farrakhan, Rev. Wright and President Obama, back to the mid '80's?
:lol: YOu have proof of this? or is this like his mom getting her picture taken by a communist?

If there were some proof, in what manner would that challenge your thinking?

For your enjoyment:

1. Gadhafi has been tied to Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Obama's spiritual adviser for more than 23 years. The Libyan dictator also has financed and strongly supported the Nation of Islam and its leader, Louis Farrakhan. Obama's mystery links to Gadhafi uncovered

Obama has ties to Farrakhan and his controversial group….Jeremiah Wright, former pastor of Obama's longtime Chicago church, went with Farrakhan to visit Gadhafi in 1984….During the 2008 presidential campaign, Wright himself noted the trip could cause problems for Obama. "When [Obama's] enemies find out that in 1984 I went to Tripoli to visit [Gadhafi] with Farrakhan, a lot of his Jewish support will dry up quicker than a snowball in hell."

Farrakhan, a close friend and associate of Wright, has been financed by Gadhafi, including with a $5 million interest-free loan in 1985. Later that year, Gadhafi spoke by satellite to Farrakhan's Saviour's Day Convention in Chicago, and reportedly told Farrakhan supporters he was prepared to provide weapons to a black army in the U.S. to destroy "white America." In October 1995, Gadhafi reportedly called Farrakhan with congratulations on the success of the Million Man March. Gadhafi was said to have assured Farrakhan that together "we will unite our capabilities and efforts to achieve this."

According to reports in 1996 from Libya's news agency, JANA, Farrakhan and Gadhafi agreed to work together to mobilize "oppressed blacks, Arabs, Muslims and Red Indians" to help reshape U.S. foreign policy. Gadhafi said that until his alliance with the Nation of Islam, "our confrontation with America was like a fight against a fortress from outside." He asserted his alliance with Farrakhan provides him with "a breach to enter into this fortress and confront it."

Wright and Obama reportedly attended the Million Man March on Washington, which was led by Farrakhan and other prominent black leaders such as Al Sharpton. Farrakhan, Gadhafi supported U.S. terrorist group

Rev. Willie Barrow, a member of the Obama campaign's official Faith Outreach Team and an Obama superdelegate, is a close friend of Farrakhan's and a staunch Nation of Islam supporter. Farrakhan stated in a 2002 interview he met with Barrow to devise his Nation of Islam platforms. Marxist activist Cornel West, an adviser to Farrakhan, also had been an adviser to Obama’s 2008 campaign and is a close Obama associate and personal friend.

During the period of Obama's attendance at Wright's Trinity United Church, which practices controversial Black Liberation Theology ideology, the Chicago church was openly allied with Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam. Wright gave Farrakhan his 2007 Empowerment Award. Farrakhan delivered multiple guest lectures at the church. Wright has been involved in Farrakhan initiatives and labeled him "one of the most important voices in the 20th and 21st century" during a national address to the media in April at which Nation of Islam officials were invited guests.

Obama has appeared at least three times on the cover of Trumpet magazine, founded by Wright. The magazine, to which Obama last year granted a lengthy, exclusive interview, regularly hails Farrakhan. Obama's mystery links to Gadhafi uncovered
Obama's mystery links to Gadhafi uncovered Obama's mystery links to Gadhafi uncovered.

2. For years Chicago's El Rukns seemed like the average urban street gang, dabbling in racketeering, narcotics sales and the occasional murder. But El Rukns (Arabic for "the cornerstone") was far more ambitious than that. Last week a federal jury convicted five members of conspiring to commit terrorist acts against the U.S. The plotters, prosecutors said, expected to receive $2.5 million from Libya's Colonel Muammar Gaddafi for bombing buildings and airplanes and assassinating American politicians. The verdict marked the first time American citizens had been found guilty of planning terrorist acts for a foreign government in return for money. [1986]

a. Nation of Islam Leader Louis Farrakhan hailed El Rukns as his "divine warriors." In 1985 he invited the group to a Chicago rally featuring a live satellite broadcast in which Gaddafi urged blacks serving in the U.S. military to desert and join his forces. Last year El Rukns' "generals" produced a videotape pledging their allegiance to the Libyan strongman.Gaddafi's Goons - TIME

b. Lance Williams, a former gang member, reportedly testified that he was present when Farrakhan introduced Islamic convert Jeff Fort, El Rakn’s leader, to Gadhafi. “Louis Farrakhan was the person who introduced Jeff Fort to the people in Libya,” testified Williams, according to reports. “I happened to be [present] … when Farrakhan had Gadhafi speak via satellite and brought some of the El Rukns up on the stage and said these are my ‘angels of death.’”

Williams was referring to Farrakhan’s 1985 Saviour’s Day Convention in Chicago to which El Rukn members were guests of honor. Farrakhan’s convention featured a live satellite broadcast from Gadhafi that saw the Libyan leader urge blacks serving in the U.S. military to desert and join his forces.Later, Gadhafi would hail the Nation of Islam as helping him infiltrate the U.S. to attack the country from inside. Klein: Farrakhan, Gadhafi supported U.S. terrorist group. Obama himself tied to extremist friends of embattled Libyan leader « RBO
Farrakhan, Gadhafi supported U.S. terrorist group

Still using that emoticon?

Last edited:
"France is the first country to formally recognise the legitimacy of Libya's rebel National Transitional Council and will open an embassy in Benghazi, the government announced after meeting with NTC representatives in Paris Thursday. "
France24 - France formally recognises Libyan rebels' authority

1. Global leadership has passed to the French.

2. Is it an accident, an oversight on the part of this administration that it has used the bully pulpit to a lesser extent in calling for Gaddafi to step down than it did in calling for Mubarak to do so?

Sarkozy's Defence Minister resigned after Tunisia revolution.
She flew into Tunisian holidays on costs of a businessman of the Tunisian regime.
Frankreich: Sarkozys Außenministerin stürzt über Tunesien-Urlaub - Nachrichten Politik - Ausland - WELT ONLINE

3 days before Tunisian President had to go, Sarkozy offered Security Forces to help crush the Opposition.
Dispatch: French Support For Intervention in Libya | STRATFOR

Financial Times Germany calls Sarkozy 'having inferiority complex' given recent events in N.Africa.
Prestigeous 'Frankfurter Rundschau' says, that Sarkozy's actions are simply stupid.

The revolutions in N-Africa cost already 1 French Minister's job.
Sarkozy is under fire back at home.
Now he makes some stupid moves, and will be corrected by Germany (runs the real show in EU)

dc5hur5kio0sabldwsj98tc.jpg

RATFLMAO!!!

These are same Cons who - every time they can - bash France (to quote Groundskeeper Willie) as the Cheese Eating Surrunder Monkeys. And yet, they hate BO more...Don't you just gotta love the neocon song and dance. About as much credibility as the wind Cecille just passed...

from another place where I posted this, this appears to be more of a good fit-

apropos the whole magilla- James Clapper today said that Qaddafi will prevail , he said it straight out, yes he was asked for his opinion, BUT, he should be a lot more astute then just say that.

Unreal. we are all over the place. Qaddafi has like Saddam become animated again as he trying save his ass and he no longer fears us, at all, he has taken Obamas measure and the UNs and like Saddam he has surmised correctly that fighting on is the way to go and we won't any time soon do a thing to stop him or interfere in any practical sense.

bush is no longer here, he has watched Obama's lackadaisical responses to Irans corrupt election last year, the corrupt Karzia election, Tunisia, Egypt and now....its worth noting too that Bush 1 did basically same when the shia rose up in Iraq, we didn't impose a no fly till Saddam who was in trouble, crushed it helped immensity by his air power.

"History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce", and here we are.

Wait till Yemen truly tips over. The Saudis are already shooting people in the streets, when Yemen blows and goes down......"Fasten your seatbelts—it's gonna be a bumpy night!"( ride).

Forum List

Back