Libya makes arrests, Muslims hold vigil for slain Ambassador

R

rdean

Libya Says Four In Custody In Connection To Consulate Attack

Libyan officials have informed the U.S. that four people are in custody in connection with the attack on the American consulate in Benghazi that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other embassy staffers on Tuesday.

But U.S. officials have yet to interview the detainees, described as "militants" or to verify their involvement in the attack. She says it is also unclear whether those arrested are Libyans or foreigners.

Muslim groups to honor U.S. ambassador in O.C. vigil - latimes.com

Groups representing Southern California Muslims are planning a candlelight vigil Friday in Orange County in honor of the slain U.S. ambassador to Libya, J. Christopher Stevens, and three others killed Tuesday after armed protesters attacked the U.S. consulate in Benghazi.

Libyans express sorrow over killing of Americans

Hours after learning of Ambassador Chris Stevens' death, the Libyan Youth Movement transformed its Facebook page into a tribute to the slain diplomat. It changed its cover photo from "Free Libya" graffiti sprayed on a Tripoli wall to a somber photo of Stevens with the tag "RIP Christopher Stevens1960-2012."

628x471.jpg

Libyan_Embassy_Vigil__Murr.jpg

A senior US official said extremists appeared to have used the demonstration against the film as a 'pretext' to attack American interests on the anniversary.

Megaryef also said foreigners may have been involved in the attack.

'There are non-Libyan actors present in Libya. They aim to carry out their own plans in our territory... (but) we will not allow that Libyan territory be used to implement these plans,' he said.

His remarks coincided with an al-Qaeda statement that said the Benghazi attack was in revenge for the killing of the terror network's deputy leader Sheikh Abu Yahya al-Libi.

Sky News: US consulate attack was planned - Libya

-----------------------------

It's something that you can't seem to find right wingers apologizing to the country for promoting and defending that video. Already the protests are dying down.

Mitt is looking foolish. Simply because the Republicans are swinging the attack back to the lies proves they are trying to put this behind them.

justice will prevail.I hope the Marines took plenty of body bags for those that perpetrated the assassination.

I have a feeling they just grabbed a few people from
their jail maybe and threw the cuffs on them just to quiet this whole thing down.
I would be shocked if they actually got those involved.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
their jail maybe and threw the cuffs on them just to quiet this whole thing down.

I don't trust the enemy and that's what and who they are.. Liberal panty waists will swallow anything so long as it makes their messiah look good. IDIOTS.

This is consistent with other reports, where the attackers in no way represented Libya in particular or Islam in general.

Hence conservative calls for ‘military action’ are obviously unwarranted and ill advised.

We HAD BETTER do what we need to do, but obviously, most of the good, everyday citizens of Libya are not complicit in this unforgivable crime.

Libya Says Four In Custody In Connection To Consulate Attack

Libyan officials have informed the U.S. that four people are in custody in connection with the attack on the American consulate in Benghazi that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other embassy staffers on Tuesday.

But U.S. officials have yet to interview the detainees, described as "militants" or to verify their involvement in the attack. She says it is also unclear whether those arrested are Libyans or foreigners.

Muslim groups to honor U.S. ambassador in O.C. vigil - latimes.com

Groups representing Southern California Muslims are planning a candlelight vigil Friday in Orange County in honor of the slain U.S. ambassador to Libya, J. Christopher Stevens, and three others killed Tuesday after armed protesters attacked the U.S. consulate in Benghazi.

Libyans express sorrow over killing of Americans

Hours after learning of Ambassador Chris Stevens' death, the Libyan Youth Movement transformed its Facebook page into a tribute to the slain diplomat. It changed its cover photo from "Free Libya" graffiti sprayed on a Tripoli wall to a somber photo of Stevens with the tag "RIP Christopher Stevens1960-2012."

628x471.jpg

Libyan_Embassy_Vigil__Murr.jpg

A senior US official said extremists appeared to have used the demonstration against the film as a 'pretext' to attack American interests on the anniversary.

Megaryef also said foreigners may have been involved in the attack.

'There are non-Libyan actors present in Libya. They aim to carry out their own plans in our territory... (but) we will not allow that Libyan territory be used to implement these plans,' he said.

His remarks coincided with an al-Qaeda statement that said the Benghazi attack was in revenge for the killing of the terror network's deputy leader Sheikh Abu Yahya al-Libi.

Sky News: US consulate attack was planned - Libya

-----------------------------

It's something that you can't seem to find right wingers apologizing to the country for promoting and defending that video. Already the protests are dying down.

Mitt is looking foolish. Simply because the Republicans are swinging the attack back to the lies proves they are trying to put this behind them.

Libyans like America.

Terrorists want to drive a wedge between us.

No matter what "good" Muslims do, the right has decided they're the enemy and they will continue their racist hatred for them.

All while they worship the MUSLIM ARAB OIL SHEIK who controls fux content.

I don't trust the enemy and that's what and who they are.. Liberal panty waists will swallow anything so long as it makes their messiah look good. IDIOTS.

So you don't swallow?

So you don't swallow?

I have it on good authority you do..Open wide and say Ahhhhhhh:cool:

I might believe you, except now there are protests in 21 countries! If it were just Libya, then i could accept your statement.

No matter what "good" Muslims do, the right has decided they're the enemy and they will continue their racist hatred for them.

That is strange, isn't it? That the American right wing could believe everything said by these two men who own Fox news.

26lede_saudi-blogSpan.jpg

Saudi Royal Backs Imam and Fox News - NYTimes.com

In an awkward moment on Fox News this week, a pundit suggested that a member of the Saudi royal family who has supported the bridge-building work of the imam behind a planned Muslim community center and mosque in Lower Manhattan “funds radical madrasas all over the world.” The awkwardness came from the fact — unmentioned by anyone on the Fox set — that the same Saudi, Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, also happens to be the second-largest shareholder in News Corp., the parent company of the Fox News Channel.

I might believe you, except now there are protests in 21 countries! If it were just Libya, then i could accept your statement.

They are already starting to get bored. Remember the outrage about that Muslim book a few years ago? I can't even remember the author's name. Do you remember?

Getting a little tired hearing how Muslims love us and how Islam is a peaceful religion...
That doesn't play anymore for me after this. :eusa_hand:

Getting a little tired hearing how Muslims love us and how Islam is a peaceful religion...
That doesn't play anymore for me after this. :eusa_hand:

Middle east muslims?they dont care about a country that's thousands of miles away ....ya know they pay attention to the directions of their countries ....common sense man

Forum List

Back