Votes: 3 21.4%
  • No, it is a political nightmare for 2010 and 2012

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • No opinion

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • $0.50 would be much better politically

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
My rationalle for having a % of price tax on gasoline is as follows.

Oil goes up to $150/bbl.
Materials for road repair and construction goes up accordingly.
Gallons of gas sold goes down.
road tax revenues drop due to fewer gallons of gas sold.
Not enough road tax revenues to keep roads maintained.
Too damn bad.

How about putting 100% of the fuel taxes collected towards roads and bridges, rather than siphoning off about 20% of it for silly urban mass transit boondoggles, huh?

What makes roads and bridges such a good investment, but buses and subways a bad one?

I just find it funny that thomas friedman, ONE MAN, suggests this and it somehow becomes attributed to ALL LIBS and how "libs (as a whole) want a $1/gal gas tax"

And how the one man in question isn't even a liberal.

I just find it funny that thomas friedman, ONE MAN, suggests this and it somehow becomes attributed to ALL LIBS and how "libs (as a whole) want a $1/gal gas tax"

And how the one man in question isn't even a liberal.

Yeah, righties don't allow facts to interfere with their propaganda based rants. That would require some form of independent thought and based on the responses from the righties who blindly parroted the propaganda of the OP it is apparent that independent thought is something that they lack.

Extra taxes on certain products are used to "talk" the public into using them less, or penalize the ones who use them more. Obviously.

It is way less big government theory ridiculous than doing something like banning cigars from Cuba. That that was established practice?

end the wars, reduce the military and its international bases, cut all the non-defense "defense" spending, phase out (as quickly as sanely possible) the entitlement programs. get the gov back to its constitutional limit and then you don't need crap like this

Forum List

Back