Libs just dont understand

Dec 10, 2010
What people don't understand is the principles that define being a conservative aren't about being greedy. Its about protecting your individual rights. Taxes should be used to pay for all the necessary Functions the government provides not provide money for
unfortunate people who have been out of work for close to 2 years. That being said I do feel the wealthy have some moral A Poor Conservative responsibility to consider his fellow man and even donate money as he sees fit. It just shouldn't be taken from him forcefully from A Poor Conservative the Government.

Edited. by Intense.

Political idealogies of the right and left are fictional. They have no set meanings, change with the wind and never actually adhere or apply.

It's like christianity, which is in policy blatantly at odds with the conduct of it's patrons.

In addition to being fictional ideologies are not even required to be credible, consistent or plausible. They can be and are any mish mash of contradictory quasi values and maxims one chooses to adopt, and almost as often as not each one of those tenets is a rationalization at odds with the real world.

Conservatism and liberalism are modern culture cults, and most of their practitioners are brainwashed lemmings.

Insofar as the labels have any meaning, liberals and conservatives disagree about the proper functions of government. The does not mean either side fails to grasp what the other is on about.

Is it just me or is this a slow thread day? I found the OP opaque and the idea that a mod had to edit it to make it more intelligible and it still came out that way is bizarre. (I assume Intense is staff and presumably he did as professional a job as possible and that makes the result even more frightening.)

I know what the right says they are for which is not the same as what they actually do.

The left is as detached from reality as the right imo.

But if there is a redeeming quality to the polarized dichotomy it is that they do such a good job of exposing one another for the few, the sane, the non partisan.

I know what the right says they are for which is not the same as what they actually do.

The left is as detached from reality as the right imo.

But if there is a redeeming quality to the polarized dichotomy it is that they do such a good job of exposing one another for the few, the sane, the non partisan.
Object to the few part Bush did and Obama is blowing off the true believers in huge gobs. What is scary is that in D terms Obama really is a moderate. For the life of me what other than power constituted the "priniciples" of either of the Bushes, Newt or Clinton were or are is a mystery to me.

ego. Certain personalities presume themselves and their vision destined to lead. They, like Reagan, have the requisite certainty of their convictions to appeal to the lost masses who just want to feel secure.

It matters not what their quality of leadership is, alpha males simply need to command the confidence of the pack to "assume the dominant position".

Have I conveyed my point?

Last edited:
Taxes should be used to pay for all the necessary Functions the government provides not provide money for
unfortunate people who have been out of work for close to 2 years.

hey as8hole, walk the streets for 2 years and tell me about all the glorious times you've had. YOU JUST DON'T GET IT. things are fuc0ed up, and we need to correct them. what you doin'?

Taxes should be used to pay for all the necessary Functions the government provides not provide money for
unfortunate people who have been out of work for close to 2 years.

hey as8hole, walk the streets for 2 years and tell me about all the glorious times you've had. YOU JUST DON'T GET IT. things are fuc0ed up, and we need to correct them. what you doin'?
Being LP for the past 30 years I share your confusion but probably from a different perspective. Blowing bubbles to enrich campaign contributors and then blaming the victims of corruption plus sticking them with the bill at the point of a gun is a bit much. How anyone can vote either major knowing that the modern GOP doesn't care and the Dems were written off by the Mob in 1964 because they were too stupid to avoid biting the hand that fed them with stuffed ballot boxes I do not know. I just keep voting Libertarian and stay in touch with the original anarcho-capitalist Boston Tea Party for when the LP goes too far and needs to be kept honest. But stay registered and vote for the third party of your choice that's on the ballot.

Forum List

Back