Libs blamed Katrina on Busn. Blame the tornados in Ala on Obama?

Libs can blame bush all they want for katrina, because they are ignorant. In a disaster, the response comes from the lowest level, it starts at city level, then county, then state and then federal. It was not Bush's responsibility to respond immediately, he has to wait for the state to ask him for help before he can provide it.
Now in the case of the BP spill, that directly fell on the federal gubment because it was 50 miles off our coast, but yet it took 3 weeks for Obama to respond, why are the liberals not bitching about that, because it should have went straight up top to the feds?
Hypocrisy anyone?
Nagin and that damn dem former governor bear the brunt of the damn blame....They were fuckin' clueless, and completely unprepared.

One thing about here in Cali, we have the best disaster response in the country. Because we are prepared, The first, second, third responders know the damn drill.

Louisianna's government looked like a bunch o' damn dumbasses. Nagin looked like a deer in the damn headlights......You could see it was going to be a damn clusterfuck in the days leading up to Katrina.

Fact is, State Government is primarily responsible. Louisianna's government failed its citizens.....Failed to have proper communication with federal giovernment.....Failed to have any kind of legitimate plan in place in case those levees failed.

Everybody seems to accept the double standard that republican presidents are responsible for natural disasters and if democrats are in the white house republicans are still responsible for natural disasters. Will the media become hysterical about the federal response to the Ala disaster? I kind of doubt it.

Just a couple things I noticed about Katrina:

Katrina demonstrated a colossal failure of government at every level - federal, state, and local. And yet there are still people who want to trust in big government. :cuckoo:

Our government is doing much more harm than good by making people dependent on them. The people at the Super Dome were especially pitiful. They couldn't do anything for themselves. And for at least 2 years after the disaster, some of these people were still living on government handouts. Companies in the area couldn't find anybody to work because it was more profitable for some to sit at home and collect money from the government.

The crash of 2008 is over two years old. There are many people still drawing unemployment.

I volunteered in Saint Bernard's Parish. I made frequent trips into the city. I don't remember the street name.
Yeah, ok!

Now, how about backing up your claim that the FEDS were too busy shooting unarmed people.

That's a searing charge to make....Surely you have the solid FACTS and evidence to prove such a claim.......I mean, we're talking about the FEDERAL government murdering its citizens.

Come on Jester, you remember "zero tolerance for looters?" Find proof of them shooting people!? They were bragging about it!

if I were president, I know exactly what I would have done during Katrina. I would have called up the joint cheifs of staff, and I would have said get your ass out of bed. Find me a bunker somewhere with a shit ton of food and water in it, and get me a fleet of helicopters. We're gonna air lift food into the stadium right now and get food and water to all those people. Don't have the food handy? Get on the phone and call Wall Mart and Cosco, and tell them that you will give them however many millions of dollars they want if they will just gets thousands of pallets of food and water ready for air lifting. And voila! No starving Americans all over TV.

No one's denying that Nagin fucked up. But that doesn't mean that Bush was blatantly incompetent and/or negligent.

Now, what could Obama have done better in the Gulf? Tell me the quick fix. That is, if you're still intent on this misdirection, instead of discussing the subject of the thread.

Last edited:
Everybody seems to accept the double standard that republican presidents are responsible for natural disasters and if democrats are in the white house republicans are still responsible for natural disasters. Will the media become hysterical about the federal response to the Ala disaster? I kind of doubt it.

Boy, another fellow working hard at being the village idiot.

No, what Bush was blamed for was one of the most incompetant responses to a major disaster in our nations history.

We shall see what President Obama's response is to the present disaster.
Better hope it's better than his response to the oil disaster, because he looked a complete idiot on that one!

Actually it is the local government and state governments fault, they were warned for years that the levy's and the like were inadequate and didn't pass that information on to the Federal government. They instead built a stadium, and Katrina happened, the local and state government was unprepared, and wanting to stay elected they pushed the blame onto Bush.

Blame blame blame blame blame blame blame blame. Blame blame blame blame, blame blame!

Don't worry. There's plenty to go around. Cluster fucks like that don't happen with only one level of incompetence and neglect. Attacking local and state officials won't keep any blame off of Bush, though. Thousands of Americans going hungry and thirsty for a week, and it was all over TV. Happened on Bush's watch. He should have done more to intervene faster and better. That kind of grease doesn't wash out. It's just obvious common sense that the most powerful man in the world can get food and water shipped in faster than a week if he puts his mind to it.

Can't compare it to Alabama. This whole charade is just making ya'll look stupid. Bad partisans. Why would you want to bring up Katrina, of all things?
Why don't we just bring up the oil spill that obama blundered....Took him 44 days to even come out and address the issue.....Turned away help from several countries, too include those with the expertise to immediately start dealing with the oil......Christ, dem's in that region were screaming for him to get off his ass and do something.....James Carvell was ready to hang the fucker had he shown his sorry ass anywhere near the Louisanna coast. He should have done more to intervene faster and better.

It happened on Obama's watch. It's all his fault, eh?

Talk about a partisan fuckin' hack.....You are the poster child of such.

Hey, you really dumb fuck! Do you realize what you just said? For 44 days, President Obama let the private companies address the problem they had created. And they did so with incompetance and multiple lies.

Even when he stepped in, the companies involved still had the only equipement capable of dealing with this type of disaster.

All Bush would have had to do to help those people in the dome was to say after the first day, "get in there and get those people out, or I will have your skin" and it would have been done. After all, reporters were getting in and out, and one teenager even took a bus and got a bunch of people out.

Bush's response was incompetant and gave every indication that he just didn't give a damn about those people.

Come on Jester, you remember "zero tolerance?" Find proof of them shooting people!? They were bragging about it!

if I were president, I know exactly what I would have done during Katrina. I would have called up the joint cheifs of staff, and I would have said get your ass out of bed. Find me a bunker somewhere with a shit ton of food and water in it, and get me a fleet of helicopters. We're gonna air lift food into the stadium right now and get food and water to all those people. Don't have the food handy? Get on the phone and call Wall Mart and Cosco, and tell them that you will give them however many millions of dollars they want if they will just gets thousands of pallets of food and water ready for air lifting. And voila! No starving Americans all over TV.

No one's denying that Nagin fucked up. But it's just not the same.

Now, what could Obama have done better in the Gulf? Tell me the quick fix.
Where's your PROOF, backed up with solid evidence that "FEDS" were shooting unarmed people......You better have that proof. That's a searing charge, BACK IT UP!

What should Obama have done?........Accepted whatever god damn help offered from countries who had the means to immediately help........Come out and address the people on the gulf coast, immediately, instead of waiting more than a god damn month to say a fucking word.

Did you not see the reports from the gulf coast, too include those from James Carvel who was screaming at Obama to accept damn help and get it down there?

You can try and cover for Obama until you're blue in the god damn face. Doesn't change the fact that he miserably failed during that spill.

Hey, that's a really good point. BP maintained control of the oil spill clean up. Which is the law of the land. That law should be changed, because BP didn't do a good job. The government should have the authority to step in when the private company involved is incompetent.

The Invisible Hand really dropped the ball on that one.

Are you saying that the government should have interceded, Jester? I think I agree with that. Obama could have handled the situation better, probably, if he had had direct control. And we probably would have ended up with less damage. I think I agree with you.

Last edited:
Law and Disorder – After Katrina, New Orleans Cops Were Told They Could Shoot Looters - ProPublica

This story was co-published with The New Orleans Times-Picayune.

In the chaotic days after Hurricane Katrina, an order circulated among New Orleans police authorizing officers to shoot looters, according to present and former members of the department.

It's not clear how broadly the order was communicated. Some officers who heard it say they refused to carry it out. Others say they understood it as a fundamental change in the standards on deadly force, which allow police to fire only to protect themselves or others from what appears to be an imminent physical threat.

The accounts of orders to "shoot looters," "take back the city," or "do what you have to do" are fragmentary. It remains unclear who originated them or whether they were heard by any of the officers involved in shooting 11 civilians in the days after Katrina. Thus far, no officers implicated in shootings have used the order as an explanation for their actions. Only one of the people shot by police – Henry Glover – was allegedly stealing goods at the time he was shot.Still, current and former officers said the police orders – taken together with tough talk from top public officials broadcast over the airwaves -- contributed to an atmosphere of confusion about how much force could be used to combat looting.

In one instance captured on a grainy videotape shot by a member of the force, a police captain relayed the instructions at morning roll call to cops preparing for the day's patrols.

"We have authority by martial law to shoot looters," Captain James Scott told a few dozen officers in a portion of the tape viewed by reporters. Scott, then the commander of the 1st district, is now captain of the special operations division.

Hey, that's a really good point. BP maintained control of the oil spill clean up. Which is the law of the land. That law should be changed, because BP didn't do a good job. The government should have the authority to step in when the private company involved is incompetent.

Are you saying that the government should have interceded, Jester? I think I agree with that. Obama could have handled the situation better, probably, if he had had direct control. And we probably would have ended up with less damage. I think I agree with you.
Damn right they should have!....When entire industries like seafood, restaurants, fishing etc. are in immediate danger, Obama should have listened to those local leaders who were screaming at him to get the federal government involved, immediately.

He sat on his fuckin' hands like the failed leader he continually proves himself to be.

Thus far, it appears that President Obama is handling this as a President should. He has rapidly made sure that funds are available for the immediate emergency for the state governments handling the catastrophes. He is going there tomorrow for a personal look, and to speak to the government officials dealing with it.

After that, we shall see how he works with the local governments to aid the victims. Thus far, a competant response, and, I expect, that it will remain so. Not that you freaks will ever acknowledge that.

Come on Jester, you remember "zero tolerance?" Find proof of them shooting people!? They were bragging about it!

Where's your PROOF, backed up with solid evidence that "FEDS" were shooting unarmed people......You better have that proof. That's a searing charge, BACK IT UP!

What should Obama have done?........Accepted whatever god damn help offered from countries who had the means to immediately help........Come out and address the people on the gulf coast, immediately, instead of waiting more than a god damn month to say a fucking word.

Did you not see the reports from the gulf coast, too include those from James Carvel who was screaming at Obama to accept damn help and get it down there?

You can try and cover for Obama until you're blue in the god damn face. Doesn't change the fact that he miserably failed during that spill.

OK, let's see. Those are two things that Obama could have done differently. Let's take them one at a time.

Accepted help from other nations. I'm not sure what they could have done about it that we weren't already doing ourselves. America's got the best everything, especially when it comes to drilling for oil. What, exactly, was the foreign aid offered that we weren't already doing better ourselves?

Um, come out and address people on the Gulf Coast immediately. That's true. As soon as the disaster mobilization process is under way, I agree. A president should go to the region right away. You've got me there. Obama done fucked everything up.

So, how would you compare Obama to Bush? Obama didn't accept help that we couldn't use. And he didn't make an important symbolic gesture. Oh, and some guy yelled at him. And Bush... let thousands of people starve for a week.

But that's comparing Katrina to the oil spill. i think the subject is Katrina to Alabama. Has anyone looked it up yet? How long it took Obama to respond to Alabama?

Last edited:
Law and Disorder – After Katrina, New Orleans Cops Were Told They Could Shoot Looters - ProPublica

This story was co-published with The New Orleans Times-Picayune.

In the chaotic days after Hurricane Katrina, an order circulated among New Orleans police authorizing officers to shoot looters, according to present and former members of the department.

It's not clear how broadly the order was communicated. Some officers who heard it say they refused to carry it out. Others say they understood it as a fundamental change in the standards on deadly force, which allow police to fire only to protect themselves or others from what appears to be an imminent physical threat.

The accounts of orders to "shoot looters," "take back the city," or "do what you have to do" are fragmentary. It remains unclear who originated them or whether they were heard by any of the officers involved in shooting 11 civilians in the days after Katrina. Thus far, no officers implicated in shootings have used the order as an explanation for their actions. Only one of the people shot by police – Henry Glover – was allegedly stealing goods at the time he was shot.Still, current and former officers said the police orders – taken together with tough talk from top public officials broadcast over the airwaves -- contributed to an atmosphere of confusion about how much force could be used to combat looting.

In one instance captured on a grainy videotape shot by a member of the force, a police captain relayed the instructions at morning roll call to cops preparing for the day's patrols.

"We have authority by martial law to shoot looters," Captain James Scott told a few dozen officers in a portion of the tape viewed by reporters. Scott, then the commander of the 1st district, is now captain of the special operations division.
Christ, it figures one of these global warming believer idiots can't get the facts requested right.

Look, you geriatric dumbass.......We already know about the New Orleans cops.......This digger clown vehemently claimed that FEDS were too busy shooting unarmed people.

Now, if you or that Digger fool can't come up with the eveidence, it will be assumed that digger was once again lying, as he has been caught doing before on this board.

Boy, another fellow working hard at being the village idiot.

No, what Bush was blamed for was one of the most incompetant responses to a major disaster in our nations history.

We shall see what President Obama's response is to the present disaster.
Better hope it's better than his response to the oil disaster, because he looked a complete idiot on that one!

Well lets see your your solution? Eh?

Boehner suggested the American tax payer was going to have to pick up the tab and Barton apologized to BP for a "shakedown".

What would you have done?

Enlight us "Stupid Libs" with your vast intellect and wisdom.:lol:

Damn right they should have!....When entire industries like seafood, restaurants, fishing etc. are in immediate danger, Obama should have listened to those local leaders who were screaming at him to get the federal government involved, immediately.

He sat on his fuckin' hands like the failed leader he continually proves himself to be.

Completely untrue.

OK, let's see. Those are two things that Obama could have done differently. Let's take them one at a time.

Accepted help from other nations. I'm not sure what they could have done about it that we weren't already doing ourselves. America's got the best everything, especially when it comes to drilling for oil. What, exactly, was the foreign aid offered that we weren't already doing better ourselves?

Um, come out and address people on the Gulf Coast immediately. That's true. As soon as the disaster mobilization process is under way, I agree. A president should go to the region right away. You've got me there. Obama done fucked everything up.

So, how would you compare Obama to Bush? Obama didn't accept help that we couldn't use. And he didn't make an important symbolic gesture. Oh, and some buy yelled at him. And Bush... let thousands of people starve for a week.

But that's comparing Katrina to the oil spill. i think the subject is Katrina to Alabama. Has anyone looked it up yet? How long it took Obama to respond to Alabama?
LMAO!

Bush didn't let anyone starve for a week......Nagin and the dem governor did. Had they been prepared, and had a viable plan, nobody would have suffered....Had they listened to the adminoistration in the irst place, they wouldn't have miserabley failed their citizens.

You can gloss over the dem failures all you like. All it does is make you look like a dishonest partisan hack.

Still waiting for your proof that FEDS were too busy shooting unarmed people.....Why are you avoiding it?......Can't back up such an explosive claim?

Come on man, you made the claim. You now have to prove it.

OK, you got me. It was NO police officers working under Bush's "no tolerance" policy doing the shooting, while thousands of Americans starved. Now that you point that out, I guess it's not that bad.

Forum List

Back