Libs blamed Katrina on Busn. Blame the tornados in Ala on Obama?

^^^^The New Orleans flood defenses have been historically neglected. That is not a partisan issue, and trying to make it that weakens your point.

But I still agree with your point about how free markets destroy the commons and the infrastructure and in order to protect the environment for future generations and to build infrastructure for the common good, we need government.

^"I agree that government is a mess, and that they chronically mishandle revenue (especially because they are now a reflex of lobbying). But I think the solution lies in a better partnership between intelligent development and sensible regulation."

I agree.

"profiteers ("developers") who ignored environmental science in favor of higher returns. These developers were enabled by the new "Think Tank" science which "disproves" any data that limits short term profits. We are now lying in that grave."

I don't think you can blame the developers entirely without also holding the buyers responsible for their ignorance, to buy a house bellow sea level.

I agree that it's completely insane for us to keep on rebuilding New Orleans. It's under sea level. What is this, the third or the fourth time that it's been completely decimated by a flood? And we just build the city there again. And just wait until sea level starts to rise! We need to be preparing our coastal cities for sea level rise right now, and abandoning the ones we can't prepare.

CaféAuLait;3583592 said:
FYI far before Katrina hit LA State officials were being investigated for fraud in wasting or misappropriating 50 million in funds that were for the Hazard Mitigation Grant program and Flooding.

I see the failure of the Bush Administration, the State of Louisiana, and the City of New Orleans (Fed,State,Local) as part of the same problem.

Starting in 1980 the GOP began to wage a comprehensive war on government. Why? The biggest threat to the Reagan Revolution was effective government. Why? Because effective government leads to higher trust in government > more programs > higher taxes. The GOP realized that making government corrupt, bankrupt, & inefficient would help to defund social programs and lower taxes. This is when we first heard the term "Starve the Beast". It also lead to the famous brain drain where Ph.d's were replaced by industry insiders and cronies. Hence the total capture of all regulatory bodies.

By the time Katrina hit, there was no government at any level. It had been purchased long before hurricane season.

Last edited:
If thousands of people huddled in a stadium for a week with no food or water, I think maybe some people might get a bit upset at Obama about it.

katrina_goes12.jpg

laughing_man-25.jpg

You know............looking back at Katrina, I wouldnt blame Bush for sitting there the day after Katrina and seeing all the assholes gathering outside the Superdome and saying to himself, "You know............fcukk these dumbasses. They see a storm that is 4 thousand miles wide heading right towards them and they have a party. Fcukk the assholes...........their sitting down there for a few days in that toilet!!!"

Last edited:
So OP is saying that because a couple fringe flakes made some ridiculous accusations about Bush, he ought to make the same accusations about Obama? What does that say about him?

And meanwhile we conveniently ignore the valid criticism of Bush... that he sucked up the response like a bad whore.

Should I get into the global warming thing? The fact that hurricane activity is up in the last decade, in direct relation to sea surface temperature. That's not Bush's fault. That's the inertia of 6 billion people. You can't blame that on one person. But I wouldn't be surprised if a few partisan hacks tried to blame it on Bush. That's what partisans do... blame everything they can possibly think of on their opposing partisan. It's not very constructive. Wouldn't you agree?

Actually hurricane activity is low. In fact, if we make it to June 10th without a hurricane making landfall in the US it will be 1000 continuous days without a strike on the mainland, something that hasn't occured since before the American Civil War.

Actually it is the local government and state governments fault, they were warned for years that the levy's and the like were inadequate and didn't pass that information on to the Federal government. They instead built a stadium, and Katrina happened, the local and state government was unprepared, and wanting to stay elected they pushed the blame onto Bush.

If thousands of people huddled in a stadium for a week with no food or water, I think maybe some people might get a bit upset at Obama about it.

katrina_goes12.jpg

laughing_man-25.jpg

You know............looking back at Katrina, I wouldnt blame Bush for sitting there the day after Katrina and seeing all the assholes gathering outside the Superdome and saying to himself, "You know............fcukk these dumbasses. They see a storm that is 4 thousand miles wide heading right towards them and they have a party. Fcukk the assholes...........their sitting down there for a few days in that toilet!!!"

There goes any claim you ever might have been able to make towards having an ounce of humanity left in your shrunken soul.

Actually it is the local government and state governments fault, they were warned for years that the levy's and the like were inadequate and didn't pass that information on to the Federal government. They instead built a stadium, and Katrina happened, the local and state government was unprepared, and wanting to stay elected they pushed the blame onto Bush.

Blame blame blame blame blame blame blame blame. Blame blame blame blame, blame blame!

Don't worry. There's plenty to go around. Cluster fucks like that don't happen with only one level of incompetence and neglect. Attacking local and state officials won't keep any blame off of Bush, though. Thousands of Americans going hungry and thirsty for a week, and it was all over TV. Happened on Bush's watch. He should have done more to intervene faster and better. That kind of grease doesn't wash out. It's just obvious common sense that the most powerful man in the world can get food and water shipped in faster than a week if he puts his mind to it.

Can't compare it to Alabama. This whole charade is just making ya'll look stupid. Bad partisans. Why would you want to bring up Katrina, of all things?

Last edited:
Part of the definition of a natural disaster is that the local authorities are unable to deal with the crisis on their own. Besides, Nagan got plenty of roasting for his mistakes.

Your argument is that since incompetence is to be expected, it should be tolerated. You completely ignore the fact that the federal response in Ala is far more competent than the Katrina response.

Did you go down to Louisiana to help, by the way? I did. So I can speak to the shear insanity of the federal response. Private citizens saw the news on TV and showed up from all around the country with buses and tractor trailers full of food, water, clothes, and medical supplies to take to the stadium. They were told to turn around. The feds were too busy shooting unarmed people who were desperately looking for food and water to coordinate distribution of the free food and water people were showing up with.

Do you guys really want to do this? Get into a debate about the differences between Bush's response to Katrina and Obama's response to tornados? I mean really? Really?
Care to show us evidence, with facts, that "FED'S" were too busy shooting unarmed people?

LMAO!

You better back this shit up with facts......Too include your claims of volunteering. There are several people on this board from that area. You will be thoroughly embarrassed if you are fuckin' lying.

Now, back up the claim about the "FEDS!", with FACTS!

Blame blame blame blame blame blame blame blame. Blame blame blame blame, blame blame!

Don't worry. There's plenty to go around. Cluster fucks like that don't happen with only one level of incompetence and neglect. Attacking local and state officials won't keep any blame off of Bush, though. Thousands of Americans going hungry and thirsty for a week, and it was all over TV. Happened on Bush's watch. He should have done more to intervene faster and better. That kind of grease doesn't wash out. It's just obvious common sense that the most powerful man in the world can get food and water shipped in faster than a week if he puts his mind to it.

Can't compare it to Alabama. This whole charade is just making ya'll look stupid. Bad partisans. Why would you want to bring up Katrina, of all things?
Why don't we just bring up the oil spill that obama blundered....Took him 44 days to even come out and address the issue.....Turned away help from several countries, too include those with the expertise to immediately start dealing with the oil......Christ, dem's in that region were screaming for him to get off his ass and do something.....James Carvell was ready to hang the fucker had he shown his sorry ass anywhere near the Louisanna coast. He should have done more to intervene faster and better.

It happened on Obama's watch. It's all his fault, eh?

Talk about a partisan fuckin' hack.....You are the poster child of such.

Actually, they did blame Bush for Katrina. They said it was a result of him not signing the Kyoto Protocol (Which Clinton also wisely didn't sign).

It was a stupid argument then. It's a stupid argument now.

That was totally peripheral, and very few thought that. The absolute main criticism of Bush was his lack of response......

bullshit, the liberals blamed Boooooosh for everything still do..

I dunno. Why don't we bring it up? OK, you just brought it up. Wait, why did you bring it up? What was the point you were trying to make? Oh yeah, Obama sucks.

Hey tough guy, what would you have done? Swum down there and fixed it with a multi tool and chewing gum? Hey, here's a really dumb idea! Why don't we start drilling more wells before we have a system in place to deal with future blowouts when (not if) they occur? Who the hell would be dumb enough to propose doing that?

Now, back to how Bush's response to Katrina relates to Obama's response to Alabama. How long did it take for Obama to mobilize federal aid, again? I'm a little rusty on the numbers.

Last edited:
1,836 people died in Katrina.

The cost was 90 billion dollars.

An entire American city was destroyed.

The delayed response of the Bush administration, given the advanced warning, is beyond belief.

Your comparison is insane.

FYI: the free market didn't fix the levees because of its short term profit myopia. The market doesn't fix infrastructure, it just profits from it until it collapses -- than it lets the tax payer fix it. The Republicans got rid of the regulatory agencies which require necessary infrastructure improvements on things like levees, bridges, and electrical grids. The failure of those levees is symbolic of voodoo economics. We keep waiting for the money to trickle down into jobs, benefits, infrastructure -- all the things government used to focus on. Does anyone remember the 2003 northeast grid failure that cost the taxpayer billions? The companies who owned the grid were urged by defanged regulators to fix it. [Decades earlier, they would have been forced to upgrade their grid] The companies declined because they didn't want the resulting debt to devalue their stock. Their negligence cost this country terribly. Capital all-too-often does not reinvest. It milks the cow and floats away in a golden parachute. Republicans have been lied to

And you are a dumb asshole. President Bush got on the phone and personally called the asswipe Gov. and Nagain and suggested strongly that they issue mandatory evacuation orders.. I believe it was on Sat. of course we all know the storm came ashore on Sun. and the levees broke early on Monday and.. oh well it's just easier for DumbAsses to "blame boooooooooooooooosh."

Actually, they did blame Bush for Katrina. They said it was a result of him not signing the Kyoto Protocol (Which Clinton also wisely didn't sign).

It was a stupid argument then. It's a stupid argument now.

That was totally peripheral, and very few thought that. The absolute main criticism of Bush was his lack of response......

bullshit, the liberals blamed Boooooosh for everything still do..

And this is how you justify blaming Obama for everything, even stuff you know isn't his fault. Hense the title of this entire fucking thread.

Could it be that Bush ruined everything, and that liberals are only blaming him for all the shit that he broke? Sure some of them get carried away. And the media concentrate on the shrillest voices. Welcome to partisan conflictor country USA. But that doesn't mean there weren't valid criticisms of Bush, and lots of them.

And you are a dumb asshole. President Bush got on the phone and personally called the asswipe Gov. and Nagain and suggested strongly that they issue mandatory evacuation orders.. I believe it was on Sat. of course we all know the storm came ashore on Sun. and the levees broke early on Monday and.. oh well it's just easier for DumbAsses to "blame boooooooooooooooosh."

Hot damn! The president of the united states suggested something strongly. Then he sat back and watched thousands of Americans languish in a disaster zone for a week with no food or water.

Because if a Mayor fucks up, and a large chunk of the city doesn't get evacuated. You know, that's their fault for electing him, really. Post pictures of some guy with two teeth on the internet. Make fun of them and blame them for getting caught in a natural disaster. Shoot the people who are trying to get food any way they can. And don't bring food or water in for a week. That'll teach 'em to be so stupid!

Yes, the Mayor's mistakes in not predicting the disaster sooner definitely excuse Bush's neglect afterwords. I never thought of it that way before.

Last edited:
I dunno. Why don't we bring it up? OK, you just brought it up. Wait, why did you bring it up? What was the point you were trying to make? Oh yeah, Obama sucks.

Hey tough guy, what would you have done? Swum down there and fixed it with a multi tool and chewing gum? Hey, here's a really dumb idea! Why don't we start drilling more wells before we have a system in place to deal with future blowouts when (not if) they occur? Who the hell would be dumb enough to propose doing that?

Now, back to how Bush's response to Katrina relates to Obama's response to Alabama. How long did it take for Obama to mobilize federal aid, again? I'm a little rusty on the numbers.
One thing at a time, lil' man.

You'd better show your PROOF with evidence and FACTS about those "FEDS" shooting unarmed people.......You made the claim as if it were fact, You had better back it up, solidly.

Also, what area did you stay when you volunteered. What Parish or burough?.......Street names, etc.?

Libs can blame bush all they want for katrina, because they are ignorant. In a disaster, the response comes from the lowest level, it starts at city level, then county, then state and then federal. It was not Bush's responsibility to respond immediately, he has to wait for the state to ask him for help before he can provide it.
Now in the case of the BP spill, that directly fell on the federal gubment because it was 50 miles off our coast, but yet it took 3 weeks for Obama to respond, why are the liberals not bitching about that, because it should have went straight up top to the feds?
Hypocrisy anyone?

I volunteered in Saint Bernard's Parish. I made frequent trips into the city. I don't remember the street name.

Liberals never bitch about the oil spill.

Death Toll from BP Spill Still Rising as Residents Die from Spill-Related Illnesses

I'm not bitching about the oil spill because we're not supposed to be bitching about the oil spill. I'm trying to stay on topic.

We're supposed to be comparing Bush's response to Katrina to Obama's response to Alabama. No one has answered me yet. How long did it take Obama to mobilize federal aid to Alabama?

Last edited:
Everybody seems to accept the double standard that republican presidents are responsible for natural disasters and if democrats are in the white house republicans are still responsible for natural disasters. Will the media become hysterical about the federal response to the Ala disaster? I kind of doubt it.

Boy, another fellow working hard at being the village idiot.

No, what Bush was blamed for was one of the most incompetant responses to a major disaster in our nations history.

We shall see what President Obama's response is to the present disaster.

Forum List

Back