Libs Argue Monkeys Are “Legal Persons,” But The Unborn Aren’t

Edgetho

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2012
Anybody else surprised? I'm not. Even 40 years ago this wouldn't have surprised me. At all.

You need to understand the mentality of dims, people. They don't think like normal human beings. They just don't.

Of course, if I thought EVERYBODY was like dimocraps, if ALL humans were like them (which, dimocrraps don't really know any other kind of human than themselves) then I might favor monkeys over people, too.

Nah...... No 'might' about it

Libs Argue Monkeys Are Legal Persons But The Unborn Aren t Downtrend

Liberals want us to believe that the unborn are not human beings. They’re not worthy of human rights and therefore can be aborted.

Their argument is that they’re only “potentially” human beings. And you can’t grant the same rights to a “potential” person as you can to a “real” person.

Then, pray tell, how one earth can the same liberals who fight for the right to abortions proclaim that chimpanzees are humans? Because that’s what they doing, and the courts might be buying it.

The New York Times is reporting that a judge in Manhattan has ordered a hearing to decide whether or not chimpanzees can be considered “legal persons” in the eyes of the law.

The chimps are at Stony Brook University in Long Island and are part of a collection of research animals used by scientists.

Judge Barbara Jaffe’s decision has been hailed by liberals as a victory for animal rights.

Supporters seemed emboldened by the judge’s decision to sign off on the order, which was drafted by the Nonhuman Rights Project, a group that has been active in promoting a legal theory that some animals, such as chimps, are “legal persons” with the right to “bodily liberty.”

Natalie K. Prosin, the executive director of the group, said she was pleased that Justice Jaffe had asked the university to show cause for the chimps’ captivity. Ms. Prosin said she was “grateful for an opportunity to litigate the issue.”

Critics – of course – are shocked that the courts would even consider the question of whether or not a chimpanzee has “human rights.”

“Nonhuman animals do not have legal rights any more than they have legal responsibilities,” said Bob Kohn, a technology lawyer in Manhattan who has filed briefs opposing efforts to secure human rights for chimps and other animals. “For a court to hold otherwise would have tremendous adverse legal and moral implications for mankind.”

Meanwhile, every day, hundreds of unborn children are killed. And that’s okay because they’re not as human as chimpanzees, right?

Edge:

I think it's dims that should be in cages. That way we could be protected from them when they inevitably hurl their own shit at us

Yeah, communists are violent by nature, look at this idiot.

You are truly one stupid human being.

100,000,000 people dead in the last Century alone -- ALL by communists. Murdered. Not through Wars, through MURDER.

Somebody ban this stupid motherfucker.

Please.

More likely, you'll ban me. So you lose me and gain him/her/it.

It's called a 'downward spiral' administrators.

When they write this place's epitaph, put that in the obituary

100,000,000 people dead in the last Century alone -- ALL by communists. Murdered. Not through Wars, through MURDER.

Please.

You are endorsing mass genocide of those who disagree with you... Yeah, blame a famine that wasn't intentional on communism, blame deaths in warfare on communism, let's ignore the deaths due to capitalism and make excuses for it.. I don't even endorse Stalin/Mao/pol pot, but they followed Marxism/Leninism..

Anybody else surprised? I'm not. Even 40 years ago this wouldn't have surprised me. At all.

You need to understand the mentality of dims, people. They don't think like normal human beings. They just don't.

Of course, if I thought EVERYBODY was like dimocraps, if ALL humans were like them (which, dimocrraps don't really know any other kind of human than themselves) then I might favor monkeys over people, too.

Nah...... No 'might' about it

Libs Argue Monkeys Are Legal Persons But The Unborn Aren t Downtrend

Liberals want us to believe that the unborn are not human beings. They’re not worthy of human rights and therefore can be aborted.

Their argument is that they’re only “potentially” human beings. And you can’t grant the same rights to a “potential” person as you can to a “real” person.

Then, pray tell, how one earth can the same liberals who fight for the right to abortions proclaim that chimpanzees are humans? Because that’s what they doing, and the courts might be buying it.

The New York Times is reporting that a judge in Manhattan has ordered a hearing to decide whether or not chimpanzees can be considered “legal persons” in the eyes of the law.

The chimps are at Stony Brook University in Long Island and are part of a collection of research animals used by scientists.

Judge Barbara Jaffe’s decision has been hailed by liberals as a victory for animal rights.

Supporters seemed emboldened by the judge’s decision to sign off on the order, which was drafted by the Nonhuman Rights Project, a group that has been active in promoting a legal theory that some animals, such as chimps, are “legal persons” with the right to “bodily liberty.”

Natalie K. Prosin, the executive director of the group, said she was pleased that Justice Jaffe had asked the university to show cause for the chimps’ captivity. Ms. Prosin said she was “grateful for an opportunity to litigate the issue.”

Critics – of course – are shocked that the courts would even consider the question of whether or not a chimpanzee has “human rights.”

“Nonhuman animals do not have legal rights any more than they have legal responsibilities,” said Bob Kohn, a technology lawyer in Manhattan who has filed briefs opposing efforts to secure human rights for chimps and other animals. “For a court to hold otherwise would have tremendous adverse legal and moral implications for mankind.”

Meanwhile, every day, hundreds of unborn children are killed. And that’s okay because they’re not as human as chimpanzees, right?

Edge:

I think it's dims that should be in cages. That way we could be protected from them when they inevitably hurl their own shit at us

If I saw you walk up and murder a monkey I'd be very upser. But if you were a vet and you told me you gave a monkey an abortion I wouldnt be upset.

Same if you're a doctor and gave a human an abortion vs shooting a living person.

Please.

if that were true, your as would be history here..

Please.

Good there are too many people on this planet. Called thinning the herd.

Forum List

Back