Libraries? We don't need no stinkin libraries!

I should ask a "reporter" to write a story about how awful my life is because the state hasn't given me free access to daily sailing. Think of how rough it is for all those sailors missing out on fresh air and sunshine? And, getting in touch with the Chesapeake? Such denial of basics.

Oh, and this fucking heat wave? I'm sure we could add a climate change spin to it - that's a winner with the emotional basketcases. :thup:

I bet I could get a lot of bleeding hearts all torqued up with that.

And, just keep any discussion about money to pay for that out of it.

At the end of the day...in the world I want.... a bill always comes do.
*putting hands over ears while singing lalalalalalalala*

* Waives the bill in front of your face with my hand out*

$500,000 budget, of which $30,000 is for books.

Can they post their budget? We'd like to help them solve their financial crisis

Heck, I'd ship them all manner of books if it wasn't so cost prohibitive.

Why don't you write them, Frank?

Sooooooo, you won't ship books because it's "cost prohibitive"? But the government should keep the library open even if doing so is "cost prohibitive"? Do we see any parallels here? Have any lights come or or bells rung for you here? We might make a conservative out of you yet.

lol

This just emphasizes to me even more the need for individuals to give out of the goodness of their hearts for causes they believe in.

It sucks that the libraries will have to stop offering and paying for internet service. Those people can just go back to mailing letter to their kids serving overseas.

Or did we get rid of the post office too?

They can't "post a budget" because there are how many county libraries in Louisiana? Kinda can't believe I fell for that red herring convo change.

Post offices all over the country are closing. This is what happens when you run out of other people's money.

This is the problem that Greece has right now. There is no more money and no one really understands the ramifications of that fact.

Ya gotta love LA.

Christian school in Louisiana: Loch Ness Monster exists, disproving theory of evolution — RT

A taxpayer-funded Christian school has become embroiled in a controversy for using a textbook that claims the Loch Ness Monster is real, to prove that evolution does not exist.

From the next school year Eternity Christian Academy, a private school, will be eligible to accept students with state-sponsored vouchers, meaning the government will pay the school for their tuition.

And this is the education it will be funding.

“Have you heard of the Loch Ness Monster in Scotland? ‘Nessie’ for short has been recorded on sonar from a small submarine, described by eyewitnesses, and photographed by others. Nessie appears to be a plesiosaur,” says a ninth-grade Biology textbook.

The existence of dinosaurs living alongside humans supposedly discredits the theory of evolution, showing there was no gradual replacement of species. Instead, it apparently confirms creationist beliefs that all animals were created several thousand years ago, but died out because they were not taken on Noah’s Ark, apart from “sea monsters” who were able to survive in the water. A different part of the same textbook says that Japanese fishermen once caught a dinosaur.

The entire curriculum of the academy is designed by Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) which explicitly boasts that it helps its students "to see life from God's point of view."

“True science will never contradict the Bible because God created both the universe and scripture. If a scientific theory contradicts the Bible, then the theory is wrong and must be discarded,” claims ACE.

The junior science books open with a summary of various things God created during the first six days of creation.

Evolution is not taught at all.

Ya gotta love LA.

Christian school in Louisiana: Loch Ness Monster exists, disproving theory of evolution — RT

A taxpayer-funded Christian school has become embroiled in a controversy for using a textbook that claims the Loch Ness Monster is real, to prove that evolution does not exist.

From the next school year Eternity Christian Academy, a private school, will be eligible to accept students with state-sponsored vouchers, meaning the government will pay the school for their tuition.

“Have you heard of the Loch Ness Monster in Scotland? ‘Nessie’ for short has been recorded on sonar from a small submarine, described by eyewitnesses, and photographed by others. Nessie appears to be a plesiosaur,” says a ninth-grade Biology textbook.

The existence of dinosaurs living alongside humans supposedly discredits the theory of evolution, showing there was no gradual replacement of species. Instead, it apparently confirms creationist beliefs that all animals were created several thousand years ago, but died out because they were not taken on Noah’s Ark, apart from “sea monsters” who were able to survive in the water. A different part of the same textbook says that Japanese fishermen once caught a dinosaur.

The entire curriculum of the academy is designed by Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) which explicitly boasts that it helps its students "to see life from God's point of view."

“True science will never contradict the Bible because God created both the universe and scripture. If a scientific theory contradicts the Bible, then the theory is wrong and must be discarded,” claims ACE.

The junior science books open with a summary of various things God created during the first six days of creation.

Taxpayer funded schools teach all sorts of incredible bullshit. What's your beef with this one?

Ya gotta love LA.

Taxpayer funded schools teach all sorts of incredible bullshit. What's your beef with this one?

I will require proof of your assertion.

In eighth grade there were about two hundred of us that were taught how to put a condom on a banana. of course, that is the sort of bullshit that worn down strumpets tend to approve of, so it doesn't even make a blip n your radar screen.

We were also taught that it is a sin to build a nuclear weapon, and breaking onto government property to protest such activities was appropriate.

Visiting the occasional library could have saved you from your stunted mental status, Staph.

fly away
th.jpg

And why would you ask for evidence that taxpayer funded schools teach all kinds of incredible bullshit, when the statement was made in response to a story you posted of that very thing?

In eighth grade there were about two hundred of us that were taught how to put a condom on a banana. of course, that is the sort of bullshit that worn down strumpets tend to approve of, so it doesn't even make a blip n your radar screen.

We were also taught that it is a sin to build a nuclear weapon, and breaking onto government property to protest such activities was appropriate.

Cranky again already? PMSy women have nothing on you, sunshine.

And why would you ask for evidence that taxpayer funded schools teach all kinds of incredible bullshit, when the statement was made in response to a story you posted of that very thing?

Nope. This is a private, Christian school. So try again. :thup:

Cranky again already? PMSy women have nothing on you, sunshine.

Geez, cupcake, I called you a strumpet.... Learn to accept compliments. You are worthy.:slap:

Visiting the occasional library could have saved you from your stunted mental status, Staph.

It may have helped the person with the proper spelling of "due" instead of "do" as in "the bill coming due."

I'm sure Les Miles is not hurting for money....nor any of the 85 players getting scholarships to pay foot ball there (football teams have 22 players who start--do they need nearly 3X that in reserve; on scholarship?

This is what it looks like when a government runs out of money. A very rural area, with very few users, is naturally going to have its services ended with the money going to support services in more popular areas.

If they have 52 pc's, they don't have "very few users." Try again.

What makes you think the fact that they have 52 PCs is in any way indicative of the number of people that use the library? There are only about 20,000 people in the entire parish.

Forum List

Back