Liberty is relative? WHAT THE **** ?

I have a shirt that says "liberty or death" on it and while walking to class some idiot lib commented "If you believe in liberty, you're just naive. Liberty is relative." I was shocked.
As she turned away I said "Hey, wait a sec. So you're saying the millions that died for liberty were naive? Really? They died for you, and this is how you honor them?" She shrugged and said "Whatever." and began walking away when finally my anger kind of heated up and I shouted. "You are quite possibly the dumbest bitch I have ever encountered, congrats."

Anyway, my point is...this really pissed me off. Has anyone ever encountered such morons? God I hope this is the minority...I am in an ROTC program in college, and I am devoting my life to the principles of liberty and stuff like this just saddens and angers at the same time. I know I am prepared to fight to protect the rights of dumb bitches like this to say stupid shit like that but that just blew my mind.

It sounds like you were involved in a battle of wits and you were armed solely with a red herring.

But then your opponent was armed with disdain so it was likely a draw.

Next time it happens try and prove liberty is an absolute. That is, try and refute her claim that liberty is relative.

You might also want to look up ignoratio elenchi.

Absolute Liberty = Anarchy

there are bad things associated with Anarchy. That's why we form societies.

I have a shirt that says "liberty or death" on it and while walking to class some idiot lib commented "If you believe in liberty, you're just naive. Liberty is relative." I was shocked.
As she turned away I said "Hey, wait a sec. So you're saying the millions that died for liberty were naive? Really? They died for you, and this is how you honor them?" She shrugged and said "Whatever." and began walking away when finally my anger kind of heated up and I shouted. "You are quite possibly the dumbest bitch I have ever encountered, congrats."

Anyway, my point is...this really pissed me off. Has anyone ever encountered such morons? God I hope this is the minority...I am in an ROTC program in college, and I am devoting my life to the principles of liberty and stuff like this just saddens and angers at the same time. I know I am prepared to fight to protect the rights of dumb bitches like this to say stupid shit like that but that just blew my mind.

She was a real ugo, right?

What a crock of shit!

This conversation never happened. Its one of those "This is what I should have said" moments.

You should have replied..
"The Jerk Store called and they are running out of YOU!"

New Topics

Forum List

Back