Liberty is relative? WHAT THE **** ?

xÞx;1638385 said:
Oh they believed in religious freedom, for themselves, just no one else. BTW they were the liberals of their day.

Yet they didn't subscribe to the core principles of liberal thought and were not truly liberals in their ideology

core liberal thought would not allow a religion other than allegiance to their core liberal thought.....

Are you trying to sound like an ignorant buffoon?

Do you know anything about liberal ideology?

and like the Puritans before them, with their desire for religious freedom, they want to deny the same to those that hold differing opinions.

What rights exactly are the liberals trying to deny, though? Certainly not the right to have a differing opinion. Can you give an example of what you mean?

The right to live one's life without government interference.

Is core to liberal ideology

Hence the rejection of laws promoting other peoples' morals and the support for laisse-faire economics
Hell, now they want to regulate/tax food, drink, education, you name it.
'

No liberal has ever supported any such thing

xÞx;1638447 said:
What rights exactly are the liberals trying to deny, though? Certainly not the right to have a differing opinion. Can you give an example of what you mean?

Hence the rejection of laws promoting other peoples' morals and the support for laisse-faire economics
'

You're delusional if addressing today's self=proclaimed liberals.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
Just because someone calls themself a liberal on TV doesn't mean they're liberals. If they don't adhere to liberal principles, they're not liberals

xÞx;1638447 said:

'

You're delusional if addressing today's self=proclaimed liberals.

:clap2:

:)

peace...

I have a shirt that says "liberty or death" on it and while walking to class some idiot lib commented "If you believe in liberty, you're just naive. Liberty is relative." I was shocked.
As she turned away I said "Hey, wait a sec. So you're saying the millions that died for liberty were naive? Really? They died for you, and this is how you honor them?" She shrugged and said "Whatever." and began walking away when finally my anger kind of heated up and I shouted. "You are quite possibly the dumbest bitch I have ever encountered, congrats."

Anyway, my point is...this really pissed me off. Has anyone ever encountered such morons? God I hope this is the minority...I am in an ROTC program in college, and I am devoting my life to the principles of liberty and stuff like this just saddens and angers at the same time. I know I am prepared to fight to protect the rights of dumb bitches like this to say stupid shit like that but that just blew my mind.

omg liberty is so yesterday.. so like... 1776...havent you heard or are you some old person living under a rock its all about change now

Last edited:
they did back in 1776

and like the Puritans before them, with their desire for religious freedom, they want to deny the same to those that hold differing opinions.

Why do you liberals try and blow that hot gas up people's legs? What a crock... just about every person here knows what you liberals are up to, and it isn't about encouraging others to speak their minds...

... let's start with this...

The Fairness Doctrine

... then when it doesn't work by one name, let's try it under another. Maybe giving it a new name will sneak it through, and you can kiss your free speech on the computer goodbye while you're at it...

Net Neutrality

... and just throw this in, last but not least for good measure...

Assult on Gun Ownership

Liberals are nothing more than a retched CANCER on decent society.

Last edited:

Why do you liberals try and blow that hot gas up people's legs? What a crock... just about every person here knows what you liberals are up to, and it isn't about encouraging others to speak their minds...

The Fairness Doctrine

... then when it doesn't work by one name, let's try it under another. Maybe giving it a new name will sneak it through, and you can kiss your free speech on the computer goodbye while you're at it...

Net Neutrality

... and just through this in, last but not for good measure...

Assult on Gun Ownership

Liberals are nothing more than a fucking CANCER on decent society.

you find it a lot easier to take if you don't get all technical about it and just think of it as change mmm mmm mmm

Last edited:

The Fairness Doctrine

Net Neutrality

Assult on Gun Ownership

you find it a lot easier to take if you don't get all technical about and just think of it as change mmm mmm mmm

Aaaahh yes... "hopey, changey"... :doubt:

No... nope... doesn't work for me.

hopey changey...lol... I could run with that

Silly Ray Hussein Cyrus

hopey dopey changey brain

You can take my rights.. I wont put up a fight
neutralize the net and I wont even fret
you can tell your friends just what a fool I have been
and laugh and wire tap my phone

you can take my arms so you can take the farm
and you can tell me to hit the floor
or you can seal my lips and take my fingerprints
they won’t be reaching out for you no more....

CHORUS

but don‘t tell my brain my hopey dopey changey brain I just don’t think I’d understand
and if you tell my brain

my hopey dopey changey brain
I might blow up and kill this man....

Last edited:
I have a shirt that says "liberty or death" on it and while walking to class some idiot lib commented "If you believe in liberty, you're just naive. Liberty is relative." I was shocked.
As she turned away I said "Hey, wait a sec. So you're saying the millions that died for liberty were naive? Really? They died for you, and this is how you honor them?" She shrugged and said "Whatever." and began walking away when finally my anger kind of heated up and I shouted. "You are quite possibly the dumbest bitch I have ever encountered, congrats."

Anyway, my point is...this really pissed me off. Has anyone ever encountered such morons? God I hope this is the minority...I am in an ROTC program in college, and I am devoting my life to the principles of liberty and stuff like this just saddens and angers at the same time. I know I am prepared to fight to protect the rights of dumb bitches like this to say stupid shit like that but that just blew my mind.

It sounds like you were involved in a battle of wits and you were armed solely with a red herring.

But then your opponent was armed with disdain so it was likely a draw.

Next time it happens try and prove liberty is an absolute. That is, try and refute her claim that liberty is relative.

You might also want to look up ignoratio elenchi.

Libruls need to start their own country.

It's already here. It's the Confederate Republican Party that keeps threatening to secede. Wish they would. Their fat butts are a drag on the economy.

Yea, Chicago, Detroit, Philly, Newark, Brooklyn....... that shit that lives in those inner cities isn't driving down the economy at all, are they? You're an imbecile.

The Fairness Doctrine

Net Neutrality

Assult on Gun Ownership

you find it a lot easier to take if you don't get all technical about it and just think of it as change mmm mmm mmm

What are you talking about? :lol: I asked her to clarify what she meant, don't project the rest of that bullshit onto me. :eusa_hand: I didn't even vote for Obama, first of all, and I have never posted one thing contrary to protecting individual liberties.

I think it's time to define what it means to be "liberal" vs what it means to be democrat...I am not a democrat and the Democratic party just happens to be the current vessel for most liberals when it comes to voting one way or the other, but that does not mean all democratic policies are "liberal" policies.

lib·er·al·ism

1. The state or quality of being liberal.
a. A political theory founded on the natural goodness of humans and the autonomy of the individual and favoring civil and political liberties, government by law with the consent of the governed, and protection from arbitrary authority.
b. often Liberalism The tenets or policies of a Liberal party.
3. An economic theory in favor of laissez-faire, the free market, and the gold standard.

Last edited:

The right to live one's life without government interference. Hell, now they want to regulate/tax food, drink, education, you name it. Now personally, I like to live my life with restraint for the most part. But if others want a different path, I've not a problem with that.

I don't think the government should be telling private businesses what sorts of behaviors need to be regulated in their establishments-nonsmoking, etc.

I don't think government should be telling us what sort of light bulbs to buy.

Am I for regulations? Within reason, with strict controls on interference. The late 19th and early 20th C told the story of unbridled capitalism. Ever since there's been lessons to be learned from unbridled government interference.

I think on these many regulations out there that can be used as a means of business interference and it brings me back to being fined by MSHA. For mining operations MSHA is the equal to OSHA. We were not even operating yet and MSHA was at my gate 6:00 AM in the morning. My first production machine had arrived at midnight. Six hours was all it took them to be at my doorstep. Not sure who called them to get them there surely probably just someone wanting to assist me...:sarcasm:

Six months later nothing was operating MSHA made a third visit. Nothing was operational because by then the factory people had basically wiped me out with the destruction of my second production machine. Rod was in the process of fixing an old washer we had picked up prior to WF coming around for we could get the rock washed that had piled up while producing sand for the first road contract. Had a pretty good pile of material setting there, aprox eighty grand if we could get it washed and screened and a buyer in KC. The MSHA guys evidently crawled over the locked gate, entered the property and inspected non working machinery and tagged it. I received a notice in the mail of a three hundred and some odd dollar fine on machinery that ended up being seized and sold at auction by WF to another person who put it in a mine. The other mining operation did not received notice or fines nor were they inspected but they were using that same exact machinery that I had been fined for. The other mine is a rock mine not a sand and gravel mine, meaning they have blasting going on over there, no blasting at a sand and gravel just digging. When Rod asked the guy who owns this rock mine if MSHA had ever visited him the guy said no he'd never seen them. Get this that rock mine has five employees. Once we got to the point of producing my mine it was my husband and I working at it full time and our son ran a machine for about two weeks while working on filling that one contract. One employee for a two days in the scale house while selling materials we had produced for that one road contract.

As far as OSHA goes it can also be used as a means of harassment to interfere with small business owners. Skull's post in another thread reminds me of this one. I had this one super over a POE that was pissed. He had a deal going with one employee mine. She was working on job security in all the wrong ways. This super had gotten pissed when I fired her for bragging about having her "job lick and dicked" doing the guy in the back room. The super convinces these ding dongs working for me that replaces dick & licked gal they are getting a raw deal. (what can I say some people are not very bright. My brother had felt sorry for these people and while he was working for me he gave them a job). Anyhow the super that no longer gets BJ's in the back room convincing dumb and dumber to file an OSHA complaint. When OSHA shows up the super goes on to get the OSHA guy riled up and the OSHA guy calls me. He comes and inspects our books, safety programs and all. Most everything is in order but he says we need to... so we do. This guy goes on to tells me if I do not force my employees to wear safety glasses while working I am in violation of OSHA policy. I ask the guy, "You mean to tell me you want to see safety glasses on these people while they are sweeping and mopping floors". He says that's right. I'm thinking you have to be kidding. Then the guy gets on a roll and very shitty about how I have to write the safety and training policies different. It truly was ridiculous. I'm sitting there at my desk the next morning about six o'clock. I'm thinking how ridiculous this OSHA is being. So I get out the phone book and start searching for another regional OSHA office. I get another regional director on the phone and start asking him questions. Nice guy. He starts asking me what was going on. I tell him. He tells me the true score and what standard requirements are. The requirements are not anything like the guy in that region where we were had stated. By the time I had all my notes down I'm a little pissy toward the guy in our region. I wait until nine and call this guy. I read my notes from OSHA policy as I'm talking to this guy that has been threatening me. He demands to know where I got that information. I tell him from another regional OSHA office. The guy then demands to know exactly who it was I talked to he wants a name. I laugh and tell him I don't recall. The guy gets to yelling at me and he's says he's going to get a subpoena. I tell him go for it. I also tell him if he continues pressing his crap at me I will be filing a harassment complaint against him. I never hear from the guy again.

Forum List

Back