Liberty is relative? WHAT THE **** ?

Liberty

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2009
colorado
I have a shirt that says "liberty or death" on it and while walking to class some idiot lib commented "If you believe in liberty, you're just naive. Liberty is relative." I was shocked.
As she turned away I said "Hey, wait a sec. So you're saying the millions that died for liberty were naive? Really? They died for you, and this is how you honor them?" She shrugged and said "Whatever." and began walking away when finally my anger kind of heated up and I shouted. "You are quite possibly the dumbest bitch I have ever encountered, congrats."

Anyway, my point is...this really pissed me off. Has anyone ever encountered such morons? God I hope this is the minority...I am in an ROTC program in college, and I am devoting my life to the principles of liberty and stuff like this just saddens and angers at the same time. I know I am prepared to fight to protect the rights of dumb bitches like this to say stupid shit like that but that just blew my mind.

Annie, you've been lied to

The puritans didn't believe in religious freedom, only freedom for their own religion.

Others were deemed witches and such and killed

xÞx;1638368 said:

The puritans didn't believe in religious freedom, only freedom for their own religion.

Oh they believed in religious freedom, for themselves, just no one else. BTW they were the liberals of their day.

xÞx;1638368 said:

Oh they believed in religious freedom, for themselves, just no one else. BTW they were the liberals of their day.

Yet they didn't subscribe to the core principles of liberal thought and were not truly liberals in their ideology

xÞx;1638385 said:
xÞx;1638368 said:

Yet they didn't subscribe to the core principles of liberal thought and were not truly liberals in their ideology

Yeah they were, if one defines 'liberal' as against the status quo.

xÞx;1638368 said:

read all the words she typed real slow......

they did back in 1776

and like the Puritans before them, with their desire for religious freedom, they want to deny the same to those that hold differing opinions.

What rights exactly are the liberals trying to deny, though? Certainly not the right to have a differing opinion. Can you give an example of what you mean?

none, to the right wing disagreeing with their opinions equals trying to take away their rights.

xÞx;1638385 said:

Yeah they were, if one defines 'liberal' as against the status quo.

Liberalism is defined,. as an ideology, by a set of ideals. Only conservatism is defined by the status quo or status quo ante

xÞx;1638385 said:
xÞx;1638368 said:

core liberal thought would not allow a religion other than alegiance to their core liberal thought.....

I have a shirt that says "liberty or death" on it and while walking to class some idiot lib commented "If you believe in liberty, you're just naive. Liberty is relative." I was shocked.
As she turned away I said "Hey, wait a sec. So you're saying the millions that died for liberty were naive? Really? They died for you, and this is how you honor them?" She shrugged and said "Whatever." and began walking away when finally my anger kind of heated up and I shouted. "You are quite possibly the dumbest bitch I have ever encountered, congrats."

Anyway, my point is...this really pissed me off. Has anyone ever encountered such morons? God I hope this is the minority...I am in an ROTC program in college, and I am devoting my life to the principles of liberty and stuff like this just saddens and angers at the same time. I know I am prepared to fight to protect the rights of dumb bitches like this to say stupid shit like that but that just blew my mind.

An example of brainwashing on display. :hmpf::banghead:

Our kids have been taught not to have any core principles and no patriotism of any kind. As a matter of fact they have been taught to think that patriots are a bunch of squares or nerds.:salute:

So this is what we have to deal with now. A bunch of brainwashed kids that feel that the world doesn't need all of that silly stuff anymore....you know, a strong military and a civilian population that won't take shit off of your enemies. Now they just hate the GOP.:gives:

That's what got us through WWII. Now all of that is history. The total crap that Obama and his fellow Marxists say to them sounds plausible. Patriots are just a bunch of old wrinkly white guys that hate Obama because he's black.

they did back in 1776

and like the Puritans before them, with their desire for religious freedom, they want to deny the same to those that hold differing opinions.

What rights exactly are the liberals trying to deny, though? Certainly not the right to have a differing opinion. Can you give an example of what you mean?

The right to live one's life without government interference. Hell, now they want to regulate/tax food, drink, education, you name it. Now personally, I like to live my life with restraint for the most part. But if others want a different path, I've not a problem with that.

I don't think the government should be telling private businesses what sorts of behaviors need to be regulated in their establishments-nonsmoking, etc.

I don't think government should be telling us what sort of light bulbs to buy.

Am I for regulations? Within reason, with strict controls on interference. The late 19th and early 20th C told the story of unbridled capitalism. Ever since there's been lessons to be learned from unbridled government interference.

Forum List

Back