Liberty Dollar Creators Arrested

What is this thread about?

Sounds like some criminals were creating counterfeit money and encouraging people to use it. They should go to jail.

End of discussion. Next.

Well it's not the end of the discussion, because they're not criminals. It also wasn't counterfeit money. It was a distinctly different currency from that which the federal government forces us to use, and it had real value as opposed to the worthless government-backed green paper and tin coins.

Only the Federal Government is allowed to coin and make LEGAL tender. You may want to READ the Constitution. States can not even make paper money.

I'm aware of what the Constitution says, and funnily enough the federal government is violating the Constitution by ceding the power and responsibility given to the Congress to the Federal Reserve. However, that's neither here nor there. If private parties want to accept silver and gold as payment rather than Federal Reserve notes then I see no problem with that.

Apparently you don't understand what counterfeit money is.

Care to explain that ?

That's what I thought ... anywho allow me to put the question into terms that might be a little closer to home so you can understand it...

If the gub'ment decided to print copies of the Mona Lisa on paper and then dictated that they held a market value of X and then went a step further and LEGISLATED that all market participants must accept said copies at a market value of X ... they would be ?
a.) faux, false , counterfeit
b.) the same as the orginal Mona Lisa

By the same token

If the government prints paper with a bunch of numbers on it and declares "this is the same as gold" and then passes laws that dictate that all market participants must accept said paper as medium of exchange it would be
a.) faux, false, counterfeit
b.) actual gold

A lie is a lie regardless if everybody buys into the lie or if politicians and central bankers (who by the way benefit enormously from the lie) say otherwise for if the dollar is so damn legit why the hell would we need legal tender laws to dictate that market particpants MUST accept it (under the threat of force) as a medium of exchange?

*BZZZZZ*

Thank you for playing ..feel free to view this excellent introductory video to enlight yourself if you wish .... http://mises.org/multimedia/video/Fed.wmv

You are an idiot. READ the Constitution. The people grant to Congress the power to create money, to assign to it a value and to use said money for all legal transactions. That INCLUDES paper money and coins. That is a POWER of Congress.

You need to learn some legal terms, nothing the government prints and provides as money is counterfeit per the power it is granted by the Constitution. No organization the Government gives authority to to regulate or control the printing of money and the assigning of value to said money is counterfeit either.

Ohh and by the way? Playing the game of demanding an answer and then claiming you won cause they did not answer while off line does not gain you any points or win you any arguments.

You are an idiot. READ the Constitution.
I have read it have you ? please point to the passage in the constitution where it delegates the authority to congress to offload it's responsiblity to "coin and regulate the value of money" to a central bank.. don't worry I'll wait for the next centurty while you scramble to find it...

The people grant to Congress the power to create money, to assign to it a value and to use said money for all legal transactions. That INCLUDES paper money and coins. That is a POWER of Congress.
Yeah genius and if you take the time to actually read what you copied and pasted you might notice that nowhere does it grant congress the authority to offload said responsibilty to a central bank... open a history book will ya, Hamilton lost the debate.. deal with it.

You need to learn some legal terms, nothing the government prints and provides as money is counterfeit per the power it is granted by the Constitution.
Reminds me of a Doobie brothers song "What a fool believes" ..... you should listen to it sometime since they were talking about people like you.. ROFLMAO !

No organization the Government gives authority to to regulate or control the printing of money and the assigning of value to said money is counterfeit either.
I realize that your statist education has divorced your perception from reality but I'll leave you with this, what they told you is true isn't always true.. god gave you a brain for a reason other than to seperate your ears from one another, perhaps you should return the favor by using it every once in a while?

Ohh and by the way? Playing the game of demanding an answer and then claiming you won cause they did not answer while off line does not gain you any points or win you any arguments.

LOL, and by throwing a hissy fit you think you have "won" ?

*BZZZ*

Sorry contestant #2... join the other schmuck in the runners up circle....

What no more semi-intelligble tantrums RetiredGySgt ? and I thought you military guys were tough and could take some intellectual abuse .. *pfftt* well another myth destroyed I suppose :shrug:

What no more semi-intelligble tantrums RetiredGySgt ? and I thought you military guys were tough and could take some intellectual abuse .. *pfftt* well another myth destroyed I suppose :shrug:

Once again moron when someone is off line you gain no points nor win any arguments by claiming you have cause they did not answer your idiotic questions.

To make all laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into execution the foregoing powers, and all other powers vested by this Constitution in the government of the United States, or in any department or officer thereof.

I can only surmise you missed this gem while YOU read the Constitution.

LII: Constitution

A power given to the Congress by the US Constitution.

To coin money, regulate the value thereof, and of foreign coin, and fix the standard of weights and measures;

Private money is not LEGAL tender and is nothing more then a novelty worth no more than the value of the metal in the coins. Paper money is worth nothing unless one has a legal document establishing that the paper is worth some amount and backed by US money.

The last time I read through the liberty dollar site I recall they said it was a novelty. It is ridiculous that the federal government is taking these people to task for selling gold or silver that is measured out and minted.

That is not what they are in trouble for.

It was, I suspect, the paper money they were issuing where they got into trouble.

Follow the link I put in my second post on this thread and you'll see that they were not limiting themselves to issuing rounds.

Now personally I cannot see why they couldn't issue that paper just so long as they had the metal to back it up.

But since they denomiated it into dollar amounts (rather than issuing the paper to represent a specific weight of gold or silver) they were, I think, creating a new currency.

That is, I suspect, verboten.

Last edited:
no one can control our one currency other than Congress...according to the constitution or something like such, no?

RIGHT rgs, just saw your post

Private money is not LEGAL tender and is nothing more then a novelty worth no more than the value of the metal in the coins. Paper money is worth nothing unless one has a legal document establishing that the paper is worth some amount and backed by US money.

The last time I read through the liberty dollar site I recall they said it was a novelty. It is ridiculous that the federal government is taking these people to task for selling gold or silver that is measured out and minted.

It was, I suspect, the paper money they were issuing where they got into trouble.

Follow the link I put in my second post on this thread and you'll see that they were not limiting themselves to issuing rounds.

Now personally I cannot see why they couldn't issue that paper just so long as they had the metal to back it up.

But since they denomiated it into dollar amounts (rather than issuing the paper to represent a specific weight of gold or silver) they were, I think, creating a new currency.

The article said they were in trouble because the way they advertised the Liberty dollar, it appeared as though it was an equivalent to the US dollar....or government money.

"When groups seek to undermine the U.S. currency system, the government is compelled to act. These coins are not government-produced coinage, yet purchasers were led to believe by those who made and sold them that they should be spent like U.S. Federal Reserve Notes. Such claims are in violation of federal law,"

Last edited:

The article said they were in trouble because the way they advertised the Liberty dollar, it appeared as though it was an equivalent to the US dollar....or government money.

"When groups seek to undermine the U.S. currency system, the government is compelled to act. These coins are not government-produced coinage, yet purchasers were led to believe by those who made and sold them that they should be spent like U.S. Federal Reserve Notes. Such claims are in violation of federal law,"

Yeah, I noted that in my first post on this subject.

Hence I described their sales pitch thusly:

And upon reading the advertisment you sent me to, I found the language there slippery as hell, too.

The way they described their paper species was MISLEADING.

no one can control our one currency other than Congress...according to the constitution or something like such, no?

RIGHT rgs, just saw your post

They weren't attempting to control our currency. They made a better, and clearly different, currency. Nobody would have mistaken their silver coins or commodity backed paper with the worthless green notes or cheap coins the Federal Reserve forces on us.

To coin money, regulate the value thereof, and of foreign coin, and fix the standard of weights and measures;

On the other hand, use of coupons are legal.

Paper liberty dollars are coupons backed by commodities. And coupon represents a promise by its issuer to pay its holder when requested.

I don't see anything illegal with liberty dollar.

Ame®icano;1260290 said:

Paper liberty dollars are coupons backed by commodities. And coupon represents a promise by its issuer to pay its holder when requested.

no one buys coupons, they are printed and are useless monitarly unless you buy a specified product... i don't think they are the same....???

care

Ame®icano;1260290 said:

no one buys coupons, they are printed and are useless monitarly unless you buy a specified product... i don't think they are the same....???

care

More importantly any coupon that HAS a monetary value is backed by US currency.

Ame®icano;1260290 said:

care

Liberty dollars are backed by or made from gold and silver, so they have a monetary value as well. And they keep that value better than US currency.

care

Liberty dollars are backed by or made from gold and silver, so they have a monetary value as well. And they keep that value better than US currency.

And again for the stupid and the slow. In the United States ONLY the Federal Government can print MONEY.

And again for the stupid and the slow. In the United States ONLY the Federal Government can print MONEY.

I'm not sure who you're referring to with the stupid and slow comment.

At any rate, if private parties want to accept gold and silver as payment, rather than continuously depreciating green pieces of paper, then there's nothing wrong with that.

I'm not sure who you're referring to with the stupid and slow comment.

At any rate, if private parties want to accept gold and silver as payment, rather than continuously depreciating green pieces of paper, then there's nothing wrong with that.

Well ya EXCEPT Liberty PRINTED paper money. Further they advertised as if their coins and dollars were legal script.

Forum List

Back