Liberty depicted as black woman on $100 gold coin

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
Good idea , portray what America is , not what it once was

The U.S. Mint has unveiled a commemorative $100 gold coin that features an image of Liberty as a black woman.

he coin will be released on April 6. The mint says it's the first in a series of 24-karat gold that will also depict Liberty in designs representing Asian-Americans, Hispanic-Americans and Indian-Americans. The mint says the goal of the coins is to reflect the "the cultural and ethnic diversity of the United States."

Liberty depicted as black woman on $100 gold coin :: WRAL.com

The Black woman must have received her welfare check. That's about the only way she would ever see a hundred dollars. She has no husband earning a paycheck for her.

I would be very interested in buying this coin if the following changes were made

1. black lady liberty gains 100 lbs
2. black liberty lady pregnant
3. black lady liberty wiff 6 welfare chiles
4. black lady liberty holding EBT card
5. motto changed to " in welfare we depend"

As America is? She would still be white. If talking about the future shouldn't she be hispanic.

The U.S. Mint has unveiled a commemorative $100 gold coin that features an image of Liberty as a black woman.

he coin will be released on April 6. The mint says it's the first in a series of 24-karat gold that will also depict Liberty in designs representing Asian-Americans, Hispanic-Americans and Indian-Americans. The mint says the goal of the coins is to reflect the "the cultural and ethnic diversity of the United States."

I would like to get a thousand of 'em right now... I can't wait until April 6! Beautiful coin!

Why would anyone have a problem with this? Blacks are an integral part of America and were actually liberated and made free here. Lady Liberty seems appropriate.

Why would anyone have a problem with this? Blacks are an integral part of America and were actually liberated and made free here. Lady Liberty seems appropriate.
Blacks were freed by whites, so it follows that Lady Liberty is white.

I can see a business opportunity here.

The coin is 1 oz of 24karat gold. If you can get it at face value, but 100 of them.

Gold is selling for $1,199.00 an oz. 100 of these coins, at face value, will cost you $10k. Melt them down and sell the gold, they are worth $119,900.

Not a bad return on the investment.

The coin is 1 oz of 24karat gold. If you can get it at face value, but 100 of them.

Gold is selling for $1,199.00 an oz. 100 of these coins, at face value, will cost you $10k. Melt them down and sell the gold, they are worth $119,900.

You must think that the people at the Treasury Department all

You must think that everyone at the Treasury Department just fell off a turnip truck like you just did.

I think it's cool because liberty is something Republicans don't want so many Americans to have.

You must think that everyone at the Treasury Department just fell off a turnip truck like you just did.

Oh? And what part of my post do you consider proof that I "just fell off the turnip truck"? The numbers? Ok, I'll adjust them. Let's say the coins cost $500 each. And let's say I only get $1k per ounce for the gold. That still nets $50k in profit.

Of course, that all depends on being able to get 100 of these coins. But feel free to post actual facts instead of nonsense.

No...we have no Race Problem.

STAGE 1 – Denial (as in”That’s Fake News!”)
STAGE 2 – Misunderstood (as in “Don’t listen to his words, listen to what’s in his heart)
STAGE 3 – Acceptance ( as in “Yeah, but so what?”)
STAGE 4 – Approval (as in “That’s really a good thing”)
* ADDITIONAL STAGE to be inserted at any point – Yeah but (as in “yeah but Clinton/Obama!)

Oh? And what part of my post do you consider proof that I "just fell off the turnip truck"? The numbers? Ok, I'll adjust them. Let's say the coins cost $500 each. And let's say I only get $1k per ounce for the gold. That still nets $50k in profit.

Of course, that all depends on being able to get 100 of these coins. But feel free to post actual facts instead of nonsense.
"Let' say the coins cost $500 each". Another turnip truck mishap. :D

This is of mild interest to coin collectors. For the rest of us..........*yawn*
Agreed. Another gratuitous bow to Political Correctness.

Why they chose to represent blacks first, at 13% of the population, over Hispanics, over 17% and quickly growing, is interesting.

They never sell at face value. Gold Eagle | GovMint.com

It's a mild investment, mostly for collectors. I have a few US mint collections from several years ago. They've appreciated some, but I'd have been better off buying lake property.

It's a mild investment, mostly for collectors. I have a few US mint collections from several years ago. They've appreciated some, but I'd have been better off buying lake property.

Oh, ok. Now I see. I've never looked at investing in coins. My money has always been in more traditional investments. Good explanation.

Liberty is a western concept. I can't wait for the social justice warriors to come out complaining about cultural appropriation . Oh, wait...

Oh, ok. Now I see. I've never looked at investing in coins. My money has always been in more traditional investments. Good explanation.
I have some coin sets, but traditional investments, especially real estate, are much better investments. Precious metals and coins are fine for hobbyists, but like vintage cars, are really poor investments.

For fun and simply for collecting, I have several of the commemorative Iwo Jima coins along with Iwo Jima and Naval Aviation stamps, but not as "investments".

2005-American-Legacy-Proof-Coins-Sets-Marines-obverse.jpg

Forum List

Back